Sign in to follow this  
rook

I know they were smart last year but I hate the Mallex Smith

I think it was done was to make room for Austin Meadows, because they can't unload Kiermeier's contract. I think Zunino will be in a platoon with Perez. Plus they got another "opener" type pitcher thrown into the deal too. I've stopped criticizing the FO as last year amazed me after where I predicted them to finish. If they can pick up a RH DH power hitter like Donaldson or Nelson Cruz to add to that lineup, they have a decent shot to make the playoffs.

Rumor is they want to dump CJ Cron and his 30 home runs which sounds insane to me. As good as they were last year, Corey Dickerson who they dumped in a worthless trade. He won a Gold Glove hit 300 13 HRs and 55 RBIs last year. Daniel Hudson was cut in spring training and Tristan Gray is with the Charlotte Stone Crabs.I agree they did a lot of smart things last year but Corey Dickerson does not make that list. I am afraid the Mallex Smith trade is Corey Dickerson all over again.

22 hours ago, rook said:

Wilson Ramos had a bat and a glove. Love to have him back but word is the Atlanta Braves want him. Doubt we will outbid them.

Nah, the Braves are targeting Realmuto.

That is who they want......now whether or not he becomes available is a different topic that might lead them to pursue Ramos.