Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
UncleBuc

Fire Dirk, Hire a Harbaugh

Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, fanofdabucs said:

Dirk was promoted to continue to build the offense and has been successful on that end

A think Licht is much more to blame than Dirk. 

Here is a list of bad Licht’s drafts...

There's at least 2 or 3 potential Pro Bowlers on that list if they had not been drafted into the sucking black hole called Buccaneers and ended up under say, Belchick, Peyton, Carroll, or any of another 20 or so landing places.

OK, the lipstick lovin idiot kicker had no chance. Someone in that draft room should have had their dick checked for Maybelline lustrous red.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, fanofdabucs said:

Dirk was promoted to continue to build the offense and has been successful on that end

A think Licht is much more to blame than Dirk. 

Here is a list of bad Licht’s drafts

2014:

M Evans

ASJ

Sims

K Edwards

K Pamphile

R Heron

One player left on roster from 2014 (Evans)

2016:

VHIII

Spence

Fucking idiot kicker

R Smith 

BeneCock

Bond

Vitalie

In those 2 draft classes he managed one good player in Evans.

other busts:

McNicholas

Stevie T

Bell 

Clay

Other questionable picks:

RoJo

Stewart

Cappa

I will agree with you on the horrible handling of draft picks and some even worse FA moves. I feel he has botched at least 4 R2 picks and 2 R1 picks which has been hard to overcome.   (might give the rookies a break - might be too early to know if they will grow)

The other side of the coin is Dirk has been given some pretty decent targets to play with. . . but his 4 vert scheme is not sustainable and the offense isnot a balanced attack.

Big question is - Dirk Dirk/Bajakian fail to develop JW - or is JW all that we see at this stage of his career  ie could he have been more successful with another coaching staff???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re: Winston and the theory of "development" I'd ask how many QBs do we see currently who really ever change their spots? It happens but, more often than not, the warts on the player remain warts on the player once the player is in the league.

One of the problems with the 4 verts offense is that it also requires an OL to give the QB time which is going to be difficult for a lot of teams these days when OL development isn't that great because of practice restrictions. I'd like the Bucs to switch to more of a quick passing games in which the pass protection of the OL is less of an issue and the ball is out of the QBs hand quicker. This would render Winston nearly completely useless as he probably can't play in that type of offense but Bridgewater's game would work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UncleBuc said:

Koetter is an OC, he's not a HC.   That's the problem.    You need a guy the players are willing to go to war for, and he's not that guy.   You need a guy when Desean lazily puts a hand out to a slightly over thrown ball who will not tolerate it and tell him what a bitch he is.

I agree with this.

I think the players like him too much, I think he's too easy on them.  I'd love Dirk to stay as OC, but I can't think of an instance in recent memory where a HC was demoted within the same organization.

Best case scenario if you're Dirk is that they shit-can Licht and bring in a new GM who knows how to draft defense, and that GM hires a DC, who gets total control over the defense... this team scores points... it's by far the best offense we've ever seen as Bucs fans, so I get the urge to try to keep it going.  But not at the expense of being out of every game half-way through the second quarter.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Buc said:

I will agree with you on the horrible handling of draft picks and some even worse FA moves. I feel he has botched at least 4 R2 picks and 2 R1 picks which has been hard to overcome.   (might give the rookies a break - might be too early to know if they will grow)

The other side of the coin is Dirk has been given some pretty decent targets to play with. . . but his 4 vert scheme is not sustainable and the offense isnot a balanced attack.

Big question is - Dirk Dirk/Bajakian fail to develop JW - or is JW all that we see at this stage of his career  ie could he have been more successful with another coaching staff???

I agree with GSS regarding Winston. The guy has had good coaching at FSU, good coaching in Tampa (Dirk, Monk, Bajakian), and plenty of weapons.

If Winston went to Jax or Miami next year, I think you’d see much of the same, even with different coaches. He will make some great throws, some amazing plays and then look like a mix of Shaun King and Trent Dilfer. 

Most likely they will replace Dirk and start all over again. Hopefully the next staff gets  more than 3 years. 

For those who think they should shit can Dirk, is like to see your short list of coaches. Not some bullshit list of coaches who aren’t coming here (ie either of the Harbaughs).

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pass the Fentanyl said:

One of the problems with the 4 verts offense is that it also requires an OL to give the QB time which is going to be difficult for a lot of teams these days when OL development isn't that great because of practice restrictions. I'd like the Bucs to switch to more of a quick passing games in which the pass protection of the OL is less of an issue and the ball is out of the QBs hand quicker.

Is Mouse Davis still alive? June Jones might ditch the CFL for some big Glazer money.

 

 

 

 :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, fanofdabucs said:

For those who think they should shit can Dirk, is like to see your short list of coaches. Not some bullshit list of coaches who aren’t coming here (ie either of the Harbaughs).

 

I've mentioned that I've thought Jim Harbaugh would be a target of the Glazers. He's probably at about the boredom point at Michigan so he might be ripe for a plucking.

With that said, most coaching hires who turn out successful (and most don't) come from guys nobody was thinking of as being a good hire. So most people's "list" would include mostly names of known head coaches rather than underlings who end up being solid HCs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Pass the Fentanyl said:

With that said, most coaching hires who turn out successful (and most don't) come from guys nobody was thinking of as being a good hire. 

And there would be a lot of bitchin and moanin about a good hire since nobody was sukin his nuts on message boards.

Harbaugh would be good but he likely could do better if he's ready for a move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it was a joke but June Jones offensive scheme is really what the NFL has moved to now. People use to make fun because his Hawaii QB would throw for all those yards but that is now the NFL a pass happy league.

I am not sure there is a coach out there who could come and take over the job. I would love to see them take the Rams approach hire a young gun who's inventive on offense and let him hire a defense coordinator who he say this is your side of the ball is yours tell me who you need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"On January 14, 2014, McVay was promoted to offensive coordinator by new Redskins head coach, Jay Gruden."

 

"Randy Jordan enters his fifth season as the Redskins’ running back coach in 2018 after initially being named to the position on January 26, 2014."

 

 

 

All this info came from Wiki!

 

This guy is young, and he knows some serious shit.

Just throwing it out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, I'll stick with Morris for DC if we can grab him.  The thing is that he was too young and inexperienced to be a good/great HC, but he has gotten a lot of experience since.  Also, he was dealt a pretty shitty hand in Tampa.  They were running the team on the cheap as fuck, and he was still able to win some games.

But, he knows defense, and he knows defensive backs.  He has also been a division rival's receivers' coach in recent years, so he probably has a good idea of what is wrong with our defensive unit (the one that needs an overhaul).

https://theundefeated.com/features/why-is-the-atlanta-falcons-raheem-morris-coaching-wide-receivers/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No way Raheehaw is coming back to the Bucs in any capacity other than pimp or party organizer. Fuck him. 

 

Image result for radio raheem morris

 

:facepalm

I wouldn't take him for defensive coordinator, defensive toilet scrubber, or defensive catchrag washer. Fucking retard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2018 at 12:18 AM, Bucaroo Bonzai said:

Yep, I'll stick with Morris for DC if we can grab him.  The thing is that he was too young and inexperienced to be a good/great HC, but he has gotten a lot of experience since.  Also, he was dealt a pretty shitty hand in Tampa.  They were running the team on the cheap as fuck, and he was still able to win some games.

But, he knows defense, and he knows defensive backs.  He has also been a division rival's receivers' coach in recent years, so he probably has a good idea of what is wrong with our defensive unit (the one that needs an overhaul).

https://theundefeated.com/features/why-is-the-atlanta-falcons-raheem-morris-coaching-wide-receivers/

That’s seriously an awful idea. And even in this place full of the most informed, it’s one of the dumbest suggestions I’ve ever heard in here. 

If the Bucs brought Radio back, I’d probably finally be done with this team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×