Sign in to follow this  
Justafan

Koetter might not finish the season

1 hour ago, Bucaroo Bonzai said:

Haven't we seen enough?  I'd say start Fitz to make him happy enough to want to remain our backup?  Also, if Winston gets injured, it's a 20 million dollar cap hit.  My feeling is that we might see the Fitzmagic again, and I have zero faith in Winston being able to do it.  But realistically the difference might be 1-2 games.

Fitz is the starter next week... coach has already proclaimed it...

10 hours ago, SundayTicket said:

going for a fake punt deep in your own territory was the nail in Koetter's coffin.

I like the call, what the hell did does he have to lose at that point? He could have punted to the 10 and the end result would have been the same.    A trick play had a better chance to work than the Defense

6 hours ago, Boatrunner said:

I like the call, what the hell did does he have to lose at that point? He could have punted to the 10 and the end result would have been the same.    A trick play had a better chance to work than the Defense

If he wanted to go for it, he's probably better off leaving his offense out there and letting Tampa Bays favorite ommpaloopa toss it down field instead of the punter.

8 hours ago, Tundra said:

Fire the soft fucking pudenda. Promote Monken to HC and Buckner to DC.  Fire Koetter tomorrow and Let Monken have a chance at the whole turd. 

I know Buckner might be the popular choice to take over the defense because he’s new, young and has a lot of energy, but the truth is his unit might be the least disciplined on the team. 

For fuck’s sake, do they even practice not jumping offsides when a QB uses the hard count??

2 hours ago, Justafan said:

We’re another step closer to that pink slip.

”Winnable games.”  

In a game the defense actually did its job, our vaunted offense can’t score a touchdown?

7 games remaining, and it’s looking highly likely the franchise will end with 5-6 wins at best.  

I’m thinking 2 wins. They’ll fucken  away one of the wins. 

I'm just so friggin' tired of dumping HCs within a few years, and the players see the pattern as well, so it's just an ugly ugly cycle.  The team needs to hire a Dungy type of coach who can win 9 games and bring them to a certain level of respectability.  I'm moving my Raheem Morris experiment up to head coach.  Keep our OC/former HC and many of our other coaches, hand the shitfest off to Morris, bring in Schiano as our DC and then burn the mother fucker down.

Dumping coaches isn't always the answer, except for when the current head coach sucks. Just not impressed with Koetter. There was a 6 game stretch in 2016 when it looked like this thing was being turned around. Two years later, here we are. His taking the play calling back and then proceeding to put up 3 points with 500+ yards of offense has to be the final straw.

I really haven't seen the game yet but with  500 and 3 there had to be numerous inexcusable Buc-like fuckups on the field. That's not so much bad play calling as bad play.

And a lot of that falls on coaching. But also leadership and accountability in the locker room. Is this whole organization a clusterflub that can't recover with a coaching carousel and yearly infusion of disappointing talent?

No. There's another Wyche, Dungy, Gruden progression to be found just a handful of coaches away.

Go Bucs

12 minutes ago, bucs63 said:

And a lot of that falls on coaching. But also leadership and accountability in the locker room. Is this whole organization a clusterflub that can't recover with a coaching carousel and yearly infusion of disappointing talent?

No. There's another Wyche, Dungy, Gruden progression to be found just a handful of coaches away.

Go Bucs

That has been a big problem. Wyche and Dungy benefited immensely from having Hardy Nickerson in the locker room during the formative seasons for a number of future Bucs defensive leaders. Unfortunately, we have not seen another 'Hardy Nickerson'-type in any player the Bucs have developed internally or brought in. And frankly, that is a coaching and front office issue. This team is in desperate need of leadership characteristics and it seems no one from the owners down is interested in that, they just look at a stat sheet and grab someone.

Just now, jspaldin said:

That has been a big problem. Wyche and Dungy benefited immensely from having Hardy Nickerson in the locker room during the formative seasons for a number of future Bucs defensive leaders. Unfortunately, we have not seen another 'Hardy Nickerson'-type in any player the Bucs have developed internally or brought in. And frankly, that is a coaching and front office issue. This team is in desperate need of leadership characteristics and it seems no one from the owners down is interested in that, they just look at a stat sheet and grab someone.

That's why they need a complete and massive overhaul. Pierre-Paul was supposed to help in that regard. He hasn't. Seems like whatever players they add, whether through the draft or through free agency, they get caught in the wash of mediocrity and acceptance of losing.

Looking back on it, that's one of the things that hurt Winston the most. He tried to fill the leadership void. His 'leadership' works well in high school or college, but not the NFL. Wound up doing more harm than good. Should have just kept his mouth shut for the first two years or so and focused on being a starting QB instead of a cheerleader. But there was no other option on the roster. Unless you want a kimono and ice cream truck. Or someone dying their hair red. Or someone having their wife fight their battles for them. Or someone that would make an explosive play one moment and then instantly tap their helmet to come out of the game. Goes on and on. Going to take one hell of a strong minded coach and group of players to turn this thing around. 

41 minutes ago, Dunn_Deal28 said:

Looking back on it, that's one of the things that hurt Winston the most. He tried to fill the leadership void. His 'leadership' works well in high school or college, but not the NFL. Wound up doing more harm than good. Should have just kept his mouth shut for the first two years or so and focused on being a starting QB instead of a cheerleader. But there was no other option on the roster. Unless you want a kimono and ice cream truck. Or someone dying their hair red. Or someone having their wife fight their battles for them. Or someone that would make an explosive play one moment and then instantly tap their helmet to come out of the game. Goes on and on. Going to take one hell of a strong minded coach and group of players to turn this thing around. 

Jesus Christ we suck worse than I thought. 100% my friend. 

3 hours ago, Dunn_Deal28 said:

Do the Glazers really want Urban's blood on their hands? One year with this franchise, he'd have a massive stroke, heart attack, and brain aneurysm. Simultaneously!  

Actually, I'm thinking the suggestion is to just buy The Ohio State football team and put them in pewter and red. Hell, they are almost ther already...

Image result for ohio state football uniform