Sign in to follow this  
Ramsforever

OT Pretty certain that Bama could beat some NFL teams.

11 hours ago, SamuraiBuc said:

They could.

Bama has like a dozen guys at most who are NFL caliber.  Even the worst NFL roster has 40 of them.  Almost every NFL player in the league has more experience than any player on Bama's roster.

NFL players are the cream of the crop from all of college football.  Bama's great, but they play mostly against guys who will never set foot on an NFL field.

There is no scenario where the best CFB team of all time could beat any NFL team.  Zero.

5 hours ago, fanofdabucs said:

Please tell me y’all don’t truly believe that ?

I sure as hell do believe that.

1 hour ago, The Rich McKay Conspiracy said:

Bama has like a dozen guys at most who are NFL caliber.  Even the worst NFL roster has 40 of them.  Almost every NFL player in the league has more experience than any player on Bama's roster.

NFL players are the cream of the crop from all of college football.  Bama's great, but they play mostly against guys who will never set foot on an NFL field.

There is no scenario where the best CFB team of all time could beat any NFL team.  Zero.

You bring up good points. Let me also add to your thoughts that coaching and a cohesive unit can also impact the product on the field. You might have the best players in the world, but if they don't subscribe to the game plan, don't gel with coaching staff, or just generally only care for themselves and not the good of the team, they can beaten by anyone at the caliber of team Alabama is this year. Just this season alone, I have watched Browns games and Raider games where the coaching was more than suspect and there was no cohesiveness with the team. Those 2 teams on those particular days I watched them, could be beaten by this Alabama team.

21 minutes ago, SamuraiBuc said:

You bring up good points. Let me also add to your thoughts that coaching and a cohesive unit can also impact the product on the field. You might have the best players in the world, but if they don't subscribe to the game plan, don't gel with coaching staff, or just generally only care for themselves and not the good of the team, they can beaten by anyone at the caliber of team Alabama is this year. Just this season alone, I have watched Browns games and Raider games where the coaching was more than suspect and there was no cohesiveness with the team. Those 2 teams on those particular days I watched them, could be beaten by this Alabama team.

This is flawed in the same way it would be flawed for me to say that a really well run T-ball team could beat the worst MLB team.

Even if one is better at their game, they’re not playing in the same universe. 

7 hours ago, SamuraiBuc said:

SB...love ya man but you're off your rocker on this one.

Given how the pro game has evolved, I don't see any scenario in which a college team would pose any challenge to a pro franchise. But I'm old enough to remember when the NFL champion would play an exhibition game against a team of college All-Stars every year.  It's worth reading up on. The last game was in 1976 with the Steelers, played in the rain, and at some point when the weather got really bad they suspended the game and it ended up with fans on the field and drunken brawls and goal posts being torn down. Those were the good old days when football was more of a messy good time than the dry antiseptic streamlined corporate product it is these days, both at the college and professional level. That's my cranky old man post for the day.  Oh and by the way,  fuck the NFL. :)

Oh, and another thing, let's not forget that Alabama's coach is Nick Saban. The reason Alabama is so good is because of Nick Saban. I'll give him his due. He's a great college coach. But he was a mediocre NFL coach. He can't coach at the next level; he's just not good enough and he doesn't understand the pro game. Him coaching college players against an NFL team? They would get smoked.

I watched the 1st half of that game the other night.   What is glaring is both Bama and LSU play physical football.    There's none of this grab you and roll stuff, or dive at your knees to tackley.    The DB play when either team completed a pass, it was obvious they were going to bring the pain.    Something has happened to the big 3 in Florida, they just don't do that anymore.     I would say UF is closest of the three, but even still, it's not close to the old Mickey Andrews - Bob Stoops - Butch Davis/Cocker make you pay for every yard mentality.    Until that changes, SEC West and Clemson will continue to dominate college football.    

Ok guys.....jeez a dumb redneck can't have fun in this joint anymore.

Do I honestly think Bama could beat an NFL team? Not really, but stranger things have happened / can happen. The thing about Bama is they are somewhere between the college level team and an NFL team. I think most of that has to do with a crooked program and effective coaching.

Sadly as Bucs fans, we have neither so we are always fuckened.

Lighten up Francis'.......have a little fun.