Sign in to follow this  
fanofdabucs

Dante Fowler Jr

I know too many Jaguar fans that did not like him until the little run he made at the end of last year. They lost all patience with him this year.

Dix is a bigger loss in my opinion. He is a gamble in that he is a free agent but Washington risked with a defense a lot better than the Bucs. We need a MLB. and some dbs.

Adarius Taylor is from FAU but he is good ST and  OK on SLB but he looked awful on the coaches tape as a Mike.

http://www.espn.com/blog/jacksonville-jaguars/post/_/id/26281/dante-fowler-jr-jaguars-latest-disappointing-first-round-pick

24 minutes ago, bucs63 said:

Why would anyone think the Glazers would allow these guys to use the next coach's assets to lose them on this sinking ship?

The more I look at this thing the more I think Koetter and Licht believe that the Glazers will keep them one more year, coinciding with JameAss’’ 5th year of his rookie deal.  Fix the fucking defense. Offense is good enough except for that nasty turnover thing which is on JameAss for being an immature douchebag and getting his ass suspended, getting out of rhythm, and then trying to do more than Fitz did. 

Whether they should believe that, I don’t know, but that’s the behavior I’m seeing. 

1 hour ago, bucs63 said:

Why would anyone think the Glazers would allow these guys to use the next coach's assets to lose them on this sinking ship?

Yep this is it. Licht and Koetter are lame ducks in their position. All moves have been locked by the owners. 

12 hours ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

Fowler's had one decent year and two less than decent to shitty years. He cost a 3rd rounder plus and is an UFA at the end of the season. He's also known as a pain in the ass.

Why would you make that deal?

Fowler was drafted in 2015. He tore his ACL in camp and missed his entire rookie year. He came back in 2016 and coming off an ACL, and essentially a rookie, he had 4 sacks. Then last year, he had 8 sacks, a few forced fumbles and 22 QB hits. 

He is still very young, the 3rd overall pick and has tons of upside. 

Maybe we can draft another guard, a Rb like Simms, or a kicker with that 3rd rounder. 

1 hour ago, Tundra said:

The more I look at this thing the more I think Koetter and Licht believe that the Glazers will keep them one more year, coinciding with JameAss’’ 5th year of his rookie deal.  Fix the fucking defense. Offense is good enough except for that nasty turnover thing which is on JameAss for being an immature douchebag and getting his ass suspended, getting out of rhythm, and then trying to do more than Fitz did. 

Whether they should believe that, I don’t know, but that’s the behavior I’m seeing. 

I hope you’re right, at least on Dirk.

The guy has put together the number offense in the NFL, despite using a journeyman QB and a turnover machine.

Had the defense played average, this team is 6-1 or 5-2. 

1 hour ago, fanofdabucs said:

Fowler was drafted in 2015. He tore his ACL in camp and missed his entire rookie year. He came back in 2016 and coming off an ACL, and essentially a rookie, he had 4 sacks. Then last year, he had 8 sacks, a few forced fumbles and 22 QB hits. 

He is still very young, the 3rd overall pick and has tons of upside. 

Maybe we can draft another guard, a Rb like Simms, or a kicker with that 3rd rounder. 

boo hoo the Bucs passed on a guy who's name I was familiar with.

2 hours ago, tjax03 said:

Yep this is it. Licht and Koetter are lame ducks in their position. All moves have been locked by the owners. 

Cuntard - smear yourself with the entrails of dead possum and let the buzzards eat you.

1 hour ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

boo hoo the Bucs passed on a guy who's name I was familiar with.

Gulf Shore Stevie boy doesn’t know anything about Fowler, thinks he isnt any good because he looked up his stats and disagrees so you goes all “boo hoo”.

Just an opinion Stevie Boy...no one is crying. 

On 10/31/2018 at 11:08 AM, Buc said:

Still wondering if they ever even tried working Spence in at LB during practice.
I know he is more of a 34 LB but he would seem to be a pretty good fit (OK) at SAM

thoughts??

My thoughts?

Spence is made of glass and will not be on this team next season.

12 hours ago, Tundra said:

...Gholston is quietly playing better, which I am glad to see. 

I would agree with that assessment. He's showed up at times I didn't expect and has lined up plenty at DT this season.

Even playing loudly, however, Gholston isn't a starter quality NFL DL.

Back to the OT, Spence is a mystery. Dude looked like he had some game, broke a wing and now he can't beat the scout team tackle. I gotta wonder what's going on off the field with that kid. He wasn't exactly a stellar example of decision making coming in. 

Concur with T, that he isn't back next year. Hell, I'd even raise you a cut and say he isn't on the team when the season ends. 

10 hours ago, Cantankeris said:

I would agree with that assessment. He's showed up at times I didn't expect and has lined up plenty at DT this season.

Even playing loudly, however, Gholston isn't a starter quality NFL DL.

Back to the OT, Spence is a mystery. Dude looked like he had some game, broke a wing and now he can't beat the scout team tackle. I gotta wonder what's going on off the field with that kid. He wasn't exactly a stellar example of decision making coming in. 

Concur with T, that he isn't back next year. Hell, I'd even raise you a cut and say he isn't on the team when the season ends. 

I'm afraid he has some undiagnosed condition or disease.