Sign in to follow this  
UncleBuc

Fitz and Jaboo Can't Win in Tampa (edited)

12 hours ago, fanofdabucs said:

This is a very different NFL we are seeing in the last five years than it was back when Marion, Farve, Elway and Manning played. You can no longer hit a QB too high, too low or too hard. DBs can’t do much to cover WRs. 

Compare Mahomes, Wentz’s, Goff’s, Wilson’s numbers to any HOF and I bet they’re all on pace to crush their numbers with less turnovers.

less turnovers yes but Wentz and Goff aren't close to Marino's touchdowns or yards passed. I'd like to see more out of Mahomes its not even a full year yet slow your roll a little.   

1 minute ago, fanofdabucs said:

Ok give it a few years and report back to us..thanks Nuddy

dude why a few years you said "Compare Mahomes, Wentz’s, Goff’s, Wilson’s numbers to any HOF" and I did they weren't close.But when we compare Winston's its a different story as I have shown you the stats. I am not jumping up and down saying keep him but I have seen many QB'S leave this franchise and go on and win the Superbowl. OF the three you named name one that doesn't have a great defense and isn't always playing from behind

1 minute ago, NNUD28 said:

dude why a few years you said "Compare Mahomes, Wentz’s, Goff’s, Wilson’s numbers to any HOF" and I did they weren't close.But when we compare Winston's its a different story as I have shown you the stats. I am not jumping up and down saying keep him but I have seen many QB'S leave this franchise and go on and win the Superbowl. OF the three you named name one that doesn't have a great defense and isn't always playing from behind

So you're saying you want to keep Jaboo?

3 minutes ago, caner said:

So you're saying you want to keep Jaboo?

I'm saying lets not toss him on the first bus outta town...The guy is trying to do too much no running game, no kicking game, and no defense, he's 24 and used to winning. I don't care who you put into that situation they are set up for failure unless you outscore everyone every week and have perfect games . 

1 minute ago, NNUD28 said:

I'm saying lets not toss him on the first bus outta town...The guy is trying to do too much no running game, no kicking game, and no defense, he's 24 and used to winning. I don't care who you put into that situation they are set up for failure unless you outscore everyone every week and have perfect games . 

OK then how do you suggest he is handled going forward?  Let's say Fitz plays well enough to make the job his for the rest of the year, then what?

1 minute ago, caner said:

OK then how do you suggest he is handled going forward?  Let's say Fitz plays well enough to make the job his for the rest of the year, then what?

That's a tricky spot..If he didn't do that boneheaded Uber thing I would say pick up the option and give him one more shot. I don't know of any QB coming out f this years draft that is going to come in and be better than Jaboo from day 1.  

17 minutes ago, NNUD28 said:

That's a tricky spot..If he didn't do that boneheaded Uber thing I would say pick up the option and give him one more shot. I don't know of any QB coming out f this years draft that is going to come in and be better than Jaboo from day 1.  

I agree your not going to find a QB in this draft that is ready to start. I just don't know if it worth another year with Winston. I was all in when we drafted him but nothing has changed since college I just don't know if he can. Trust me I have told myself plenty of times hell he is only 24 years old maybe he can improve. After watching that Bengals game he look like he had the old deer in the head lights look. Maybe the stuff  with Uber driver is still going on legally in the background but he has not looked good except for the fact he was putting both hands on the ball when running around with it. The thing about is he's not stupid as someone point out on a radio show yesterday he could have went to Standford and they don't just take someone because you can play football. I feel Winston is one of those guys who is smart but dumb common sense wise.

2 hours ago, NNUD28 said:

They’ll end up picking up his option for 2019. Drugs are wonderful for fans.

On 10/30/2018 at 11:48 AM, NNUD28 said:

LOL........... You can look all that shit up I'm done. Just saying be careful what you wish for Jaboo is only 24  

Ok, records seem comparable.  Jaboo has always seemed to me to be a talented idiot with questionable ethics.  

On 10/31/2018 at 10:23 AM, NNUD28 said:

Oh get the fuck out of here with the no this, no that bullshit.

The guy has an all pro Wr, one of the best deep threats in nfl history, a very good young possession receiver, a ultra talented TE, another reliable TE, a good slot receiver in Hump...

His INTs the last two weeks had ZERO to do with playing from behind. No running game..such bullshit.

Truth is the guy has regressed in year four. If you think he will learn and get better, that’s one thing, but please stop with the excuses.  

I still tend to wonder about the coaching he has been getting. If other people can see his mechanics are all jacked up why cant our QB coach work that out??

And yes the defense and OL are pretty much a mess - gotta factor that in (maybe not for this last meltdown as much as mentioned)   but for the team W/L record overall

4 hours ago, fanofdabucs said:

Oh get the fuck out of here with the no this, no that bullshit.

The guy has an all pro Wr, one of the best deep threats in nfl history, a very good young possession receiver, a ultra talented TE, another reliable TE, a good slot receiver in Hump...

His INTs the last two weeks had ZERO to do with playing from behind. No running game..such bullshit.

Truth is the guy has regressed in year four. If you think he will learn and get better, that’s one thing, but please stop with the excuses.  

If you are trying to tell me that the defense and kicking game is worth a fuck you're blind ...You're the one saying they cant run the ball due to one bad guard if that is the case then explain Barry Sanders his whole line sucked for years...Please tell me who you want to bring in to replace the guy?? I get you don't like Winston you've been bitching about him for years...I am saying he is trying to do too much because he can't count on the defense to hold the lead. He makes stupid passes all QB'S do ....as far as excuses stop making excuses for the shitty running backs we have on this team like you do week in and week out 

5 hours ago, NNUD28 said:

If you are trying to tell me that the defense and kicking game is worth a fuck you're blind ...You're the one saying they cant run the ball due to one bad guard if that is the case then explain Barry Sanders his whole line sucked for years...Please tell me who you want to bring in to replace the guy?? I get you don't like Winston you've been bitching about him for years...I am saying he is trying to do too much because he can't count on the defense to hold the lead. He makes stupid passes all QB'S do ....as far as excuses stop making excuses for the shitty running backs we have on this team like you do week in and week out 

Relax Nuddy. Winston is playing poorly and has regressed. As a Buc fan, it sucks for all of us. Wish he would prove me wrong and turn into the franchise, winning QB we all hoped for.

Yes I realize the defense sucked under Smith and is playing with a secondary full of rookies. But that didn't have shit to do with Winston "trying to do to much" Sunday.

Sunday, Barber had a season high 19 carries and averaged over 4.5 yards per carry. Again, another game where the team had to play catch up in the 2nd half and abandon the run (see the Saints, Steelers, Falcons, Bears). The defense on Sunday had one bad quarter and in the second half kept giving the ball to Jaboo and he kept giving it right back or throwing touchdowns to the other team.

No, Barber isn't Barry Sanders and no Jaboo isn't going to turn into a HOFer.

I expect to see the Panthers, a very good run stopping team, to load the box and force Fitz to beat them. So I expect more "Barber fucking sucks" from the most informed.

8 hours ago, UncleBuc said:

I think you let him hit F.A. and try and re-sign him at a much lower cost than the $20M, and if someone wants to give him $20M you let them and move on.    If you're keeping him you better be hiring a QB coach who can fix his mechanics.    

His mechanics are a problem. But the far more glaring problems are his stupidity, immaturity, and lack of respect for women. And those character flaws are not coachable.

Watching Winstons pressers and how he dodges specific questions with rhetoric is all I need to see. He acknowledges his problems but gets agitated because he knows he's tried and failed to reach elite status and by judging his body language, he's probably blaming coaching. I don't believe you can coach these things and he hasn't improved very much. But don't let this distract you from the fact that he will easily be a top 10 for someone else in a few years. 

He consistently loses games for the Bucs even with a lot of offensive talent around him.  He continues to have off the field issues that should have ended long ago if he learned his lessons.  His recent off the field issue involved "grabbing her by the pussy", and then having his posse lie about it.  And for those whose only concern is the field, his off the field actions pretty much tanked a make or break season for him.  I don't hate Winston, but he is being out performed by a journeyman QB.  So let's toss the journeyman QB in there and see if he can salvage our season.