Sign in to follow this  
Tundra

OT: Hoping the Yankees and Bosox go 25 innings

I hope they wear each other out. Of course I’m partial to the Astros, the most fun baseball team to watch maybe ever. 

Hoping the Yankees win a marathon tonight and then hoping game 5 goes to ultra extra innings with both sides needing to run through their entire pitching staff in a 19-18 game. I don’t give a shit who wins I hatem both. 

1 hour ago, tb_buc said:

#joetoo

I'm guessing we're talking about Maddon here... if so, my anecdote is that I live 100 feet from where the players park at Wrigley.  When the games get out, kids and autograph seekers line up at the exit to try and get someone to stop (they never do).  

All the players drive these enormous black SUV's with dark tint and such.  

Maddon drives a beat up old station wagon with the wood paneling on the side.  If I'm out walking my dog and he's on his way by, I always wave, he always waves back.

That's enough to tell me he's a good dude.

36 minutes ago, tb_buc said:

Joe’s a great guy, no doubt, he just isn’t the second coming of Sparky Anderson. This “major league” sports area tends to canonize managers, coaches and players, I don’t. #joetoo

I'd argue that he's as good as anyone in baseball.  He made the Rays a World Series team on a minuscule payroll, and then won a World Series after only two seasons with a team that hadn't had a championship in 107 years.  

The Cubs have the most wins in baseball over the last four years, even if this season didn't go according to plan.

And of course you would only be half right. Funny how the organization that bought the Rays, hired Joe under the understanding that he would run the team their way, supplied the players that fit their mold, gets little to no credit. The Cubs with their loaded farm system was primed, all they needed were some key players that the GM identified and brought in, Joe gets credit for making sure they didn’t shoot themselves in the foot in a weak division. #joetoo #5-4

1 minute ago, tb_buc said:

Dick, never said he sucked, but to your second statement, sure sounds like there are many in Chicago that have had the Merlot haze wear off.

:ROTFLMAO:

Merlot haze?

You my dick! Love that. 

(btw you had “he hate him” in your sig about Joe for years - so he doesn’t suck, you just have a loathing for the guy even though he is swell?!) 

Just now, Tundra.fuckmikesmith said:

:ROTFLMAO:

Merlot haze?

You my dick! Love that. 

(btw you had “he hate him” in your sig about Joe for years - so he doesn’t suck, you just have a loathing for the guy even though he is swell?!) 

Whatever happened to that quote? I think the full quote was "Joe Maddon said "he hate me"

1 minute ago, tb_buc said:

Do you know who your Manager is?

You implied the fans drank merlot and are therefore experiencing haze. If you were implying that Madden is in a ,wrlot haze it wasn’t clear. 

It sure looks like Chicago is one of the last places where merlot would be popular. Beer haze? Oh yes. 

1 hour ago, Tundra.fuckmikesmith said:

It sure looks like Chicago is one of the last places where merlot would be popular. Beer haze? Oh yes. 

I've lived here 9 years now.  You'd be right.  Sure, any big city has schmucks who are into fancy wine, but this is a beer and booze kind of town.  

3 hours ago, The Rich McKay Conspiracy said:

I've lived here 9 years now.  You'd be right.  Sure, any big city has schmucks who are into fancy wine, but this is a beer and booze kind of town.  

Well I wouldn’t have called Maddon a schmuck.