Sign in to follow this  
Cantankeris

Funny there's no Gruden topic this week

6 hours ago, fanofdabucs said:

...and we have some stability for the first time in a while.

We're only one game into the season with a coach who survived past year two but some say might be on the hot seat coming off an eleven loss season. 

Sure, the one game was exciting and maybe historic from an offensive standpoint. Hopefully we're still excited while we're gobbling down turkey and stuffing and giving thanks in  couple months. 

But I love the positive energy. Go Bucs!!!

22 minutes ago, rook said:

Raheem Morris is the winningest coach at 17-31 since Chucky was fired although Koetter should pass  him this year.

1 hour ago, fanofdabucs said:

One 10-6 season and being paid peanuts to be the head coach helped Radio.

Heemy struggled with the crap Gruden left him going 3-13 then went a remarkable 10-6

Koetter went 9-7 with Lovies leftovers then went a disappointing 5-11. 

In the 3rd year Morris started 4-1. Does anyone have us seeing that this year?

I didn't think so.

So who's eatin peanuts now? Huh. Who's eatin peanuts now!

Interesting to see all the folks willing to stick a fork in Gruden after one regular season game with his new team, when many around here were claiming that there was no way you could decide a coach should be shown the door after two seasons due to the possible coaching carousel.  It's not quite hypocrisy, but we're definitely in that zip code.

Dislike the guy all you want.  I personally don't care, I'm not likely to ever even meet the guy so I could give a fuck.

But pretending to possess some special football knowledge that the man is a bad coach is simply willful ignorance.  If he was so terrible, why have we not been able over the course of a decade to find someone that could consistently match even the slightly-better-than-mediocre teams he fielded for the last two seasons he was here?  Over the span of seven seasons, only two resulted in a Bucs season that could be completely filed in the dogshit bin.  Over the span of nine seasons since, there's only been two seasons we HAVEN'T seen the franchise clearly earn that label.

I concede that he might have hyped himself into a price tag and a legendary status that he doesn't really warrant.  I also concede that there are a number of coaches that have left the game at a high level, then returned and were lame.  It happens.  Could possibly be the way Gruden's story turns out, but there's a lot of this season left, and likely (given the investment the Raiders made) a lot of Raiders football left for him.  You know for sure how it goes?  Call a bookie.  Make a mint.  But you know anything could happen, and I'd definitely suggest not mortgaging your house over whether Chucky's going to suck out loud or not.

Or perhaps you don't recall the season opening loss to the Saints in 2002, and the resulting comedy of the 'Got Outrage' thread.

Lotta vectors occurred during those post-Superbowl Gruden years, and not a single asshole on this board really knows who the ultimate culprit was for the teams lack of ability to get back into the playoffs, yours truly included.  But at least we didn't outright suck most of the time.  If you don't miss that, you either aren't old enough to remember the pre-Dungy years or you're easily manipulated by the anti-Gruden Tampa media.  Or you're an idiot.  I dunno, pick one.

But to answer the bullshit question in the original post, I'm personally not posting about his sucky first game because 1) I rarely start threads in this place anymore, and 2) I could give a shit about the Raiders. Unlike most on this board, I'm actually content to stick with the reality of the situation.  I haven't liked Koetter.  I liked Gruden.  But he's not here, so it really doesn't matter.

But congrats, Tank.  You won.  You irritated me enough to write a chapter. 

22 minutes ago, Justafan said:

Interesting to see all the folks willing to stick a fork in Gruden after one regular season game with his new team, when many around here were claiming that there was no way you could decide a coach should be shown the door after two seasons due to the possible coaching carousel.  It's not quite hypocrisy, but we're definitely in that zip code.

Dislike the guy all you want.  I personally don't care, I'm not likely to ever even meet the guy so I could give a fuck.

But pretending to possess some special football knowledge that the man is a bad coach is simply willful ignorance.  If he was so terrible, why have we not been able over the course of a decade to find someone that could consistently match even the slightly-better-than-mediocre teams he fielded for the last two seasons he was here?  Over the span of seven seasons, only two resulted in a Bucs season that could be completely filed in the dogshit bin.  Over the span of nine seasons since, there's only been two seasons we HAVEN'T seen the franchise clearly earn that label.

I concede that he might have hyped himself into a price tag and a legendary status that he doesn't really warrant.  I also concede that there are a number of coaches that have left the game at a high level, then returned and were lame.  It happens.  Could possibly be the way Gruden's story turns out, but there's a lot of this season left, and likely (given the investment the Raiders made) a lot of Raiders football left for him.  You know for sure how it goes?  Call a bookie.  Make a mint.  But you know anything could happen, and I'd definitely suggest not mortgaging your house over whether Chucky's going to suck out loud or not.

Or perhaps you don't recall the season opening loss to the Saints in 2002, and the resulting comedy of the 'Got Outrage' thread.

Lotta vectors occurred during those post-Superbowl Gruden years, and not a single asshole on this board really knows who the ultimate culprit was for the teams lack of ability to get back into the playoffs, yours truly included.  But at least we didn't outright suck most of the time.  If you don't miss that, you either aren't old enough to remember the pre-Dungy years or you're easily manipulated by the anti-Gruden Tampa media.  Or you're an idiot.  I dunno, pick one.

But to answer the bullshit question in the original post, I'm personally not posting about his sucky first game because 1) I rarely start threads in this place anymore, and 2) I could give a shit about the Raiders. Unlike most on this board, I'm actually content to stick with the reality of the situation.  I haven't liked Koetter.  I liked Gruden.  But he's not here, so it really doesn't matter.

That right there is fuckn awesome.

7TD5.gif

26 minutes ago, Justafan said:

CPkivLXVEAARumD.jpg

29 minutes ago, Justafan said:

Image result for bouncing titties gif

1 hour ago, bucs63 said:

Heemy struggled with the crap Gruden left him going 3-13 then went a remarkable 10-6

Koetter went 9-7 with Lovies leftovers then went a disappointing 5-11. 

In the 3rd year Morris started 4-1. Does anyone have us seeing that this year?

I didn't think so.

So who's eatin peanuts now? Huh. Who's eatin peanuts now!

We got rid of everyone with a pulse after Gruden was fired including the curse of Matt Bryant Two guys the Bucs kept were paid $20 million plus to were Michael Clayton and a franchise tag on Antonio Bryant. Add Derrick Ward, Byron Leftwich, Mike Nugent and a shitload of cheap or bad players. Kellen Winslow Jr soldier boy was our best trade deal. Our second best deal was trading Gaines Adams before he died and giving the Patriots Gronkowski for the Benn around in 2010 with that Bears pick. The biggest miracles in 2009 was why that team did not finish 0-16 and how in the hell did we beat the SB champions New Orleans Saints at their home with that god awful roster.

Morris started 4-2 in 2011 and then went to London to start a 10 game losing streak. The happiest Buccaneer moment in my life was watching getting curb stomped by the Atlanta Falcons 42-0 on January 1, 2012 in Atlanta in the first 23 minutes of that game. Any tiny one in a trillion chance that Raheem was going to kept as head coach ended that day. if the Falcons kept their starters in, they could have set NFL records that never would have been broken.

24 minutes ago, rook said:

We got rid of everyone with a pulse after Gruden was fired including the curse of Matt Bryant Two guys the Bucs kept were paid $20 million plus to were Michael Clayton and a franchise tag on Antonio Bryant. Add Derrick Ward, Byron Leftwich, Mike Nugent and a shitload of cheap or bad players. Kellen Winslow Jr soldier boy was our best trade deal. Our second best deal was trading Gaines Adams before he died and giving the Patriots Gronkowski for the Benn around in 2010 with that Bears pick. The biggest miracles in 2009 was why that team did not finish 0-16 and how in the hell did we beat the SB champions New Orleans Saints at their home with that god awful roster.

Morris started 4-2 in 2011 and then went to London to start a 10 game losing streak. The happiest Buccaneer moment in my life was watching getting curb stomped by the Atlanta Falcons 42-0 on January 1, 2012 in Atlanta in the first 23 minutes of that game. Any tiny one in a trillion chance that Raheem was going to kept as head coach ended that day. if the Falcons kept their starters in, they could have set NFL records that never would have been broken.

Yes, the point I was trying to make was simply this apparently great start is a start.

We're not going to London but getting comfortable with this team is a setup for a letdown.

It's like when your girlfriend is laying on the couch half naked and you start feeling a little amorous. Then she farts so hard it knocks a couple empty beer cans off the end table.  At that point you realize you're probably not going to be climbing that ride for a few more minutes.

15 minutes ago, rook said:

You just go BDSM and get a gas mask. It may take a few minutes if you do not have the equipment lying around or in case of emergency break  glass kit with a gas mask in it.

I always have an emergency "survival" kit that has a gas mask, water, power bars, rope, duct tape, lube and condoms. I keep it in the basement though.

1 hour ago, rook said:

The happiest Buccaneer moment in my life was watching getting curb stomped by the Atlanta Falcons 42-0 on January 1, 2012 in Atlanta in the first 23 minutes of that game. Any tiny one in a trillion chance that Raheem was going to kept as head coach ended that day. if the Falcons kept their starters in, they could have set NFL records that never would have been broken.

Image result for thumbs up