Sign in to follow this  
Jbuc1

Great Read On The Statistical Relationship Between Run First Offenses, Scoring, and Wins

This is one of the best football-related articles I have read in a while and speaks to why the Bucs need to stop overly committing  to establishing the run in the first quarter and just come out with a fun and gun mentality given the offensive weapons that they now have!!

http://www.tampabay.com/data/2018/09/03/nfl-preview-tampa-bay-buccaneers-dirk-koetter-play-calling-establish-the-run/

I just read where Ronald Jones ran 28 times in preseason for a total of 22 yards and 1 touch down.....Yes I know that's less than a yard per carry....Here's what I think after reading the above stats ….If we run Ronald Jones ….. we are going to loose....I sure hope he could turn it around ….but as it stands.....he SUCKS....

2 hours ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

There's a balance which needs to be established.

I don't think anyone would expect Koetter to go all Mouse Davis but a better balance and less predictability would be great. As would a running game that doesn't make 3 yards and a cloud of dust sound exciting.

At least from a dumbass fan's perspective, anyway.