Sign in to follow this  
Ramsforever

Winston media from PFT

Stroud commenting on the report (and I agree with Stroud)

Rick Stroud @NFLSTROUD

Rick Stroud Retweeted RaauL

No one is confirming this report. One element that doesn't ring true is that he would be suspended just for failing to report. This was an 8 month probe. If he gets 3-4 games it will be for more than that.

7 hours ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

Stroud commenting on the report (and I agree with Stroud)

Rick Stroud @NFLSTROUD

Rick Stroud Retweeted RaauL

No one is confirming this report. One element that doesn't ring true is that he would be suspended just for failing to report. This was an 8 month probe. If he gets 3-4 games it will be for more than that.

If it's 3-4 games, then 'something' happened and I would think there would be some type of leak or rumblings as to what exactly happened. There's been absolute radio silence from the time the story broke. Regardless of what the NFL might think of Darby, he's a corroborating witness and as far as we know, the Uber driver doesn't have that. So unless other evidence came to light, then the NFL will have a hard time justifying a suspension. But, they'll justify it nonetheless. He'll get one game. He should absolutely appeal but the end result will be the same.

Interesting take in the comments section of that article

"If he only gets suspended for failure to report, after a 10 month investigation, then he is innocent of said charges. So Rodger is punishing an innocent player for not reporting that he didn’t do anything wrong? "

I don't think it is being understood what Stroud is saying...keeping in mind that he may not be correct.

What he's saying is that the entire "failure to report" angle is a bunch of bs and that the NFL is going to suspend Winston 3 or 4 games for actions in the car against the Uber driver. It will have nothing to do with the failure to report.

If he turns out to be correct, it would likely change my opinion of the entire situation and Winston and I imagine it won't be pretty for him with a lot of fans.

However....we'll see.

How in the world has the NFL let this thing drag out over ten months? This isn't a very complicated situation, either they believe the Uber driver or they don't have enough evidence to conclude that Jameis did what he is accused of. Like the quote that Buc has above, if he didn't do anything, what the hell did he have to report?

There is no excuse for this not to have been resolved by the the league before the draft and the beginning of FA.

32 minutes ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

I don't think it is being understood what Stroud is saying...keeping in mind that he may not be correct.

What he's saying is that the entire "failure to report" angle is a bunch of bs and that the NFL is going to suspend Winston 3 or 4 games for actions in the car against the Uber driver. It will have nothing to do with the failure to report.

If he turns out to be correct, it would likely change my opinion of the entire situation and Winston and I imagine it won't be pretty for him with a lot of fans.

However....we'll see.

Yes, keeping in mind he may not be correct as he's said it's pure speculation at this point. But if it's for conduct it's at least a couple games.

The reports that Winston is "bracing" are interesting though, because he'll likely get a good Rogering without any conclusive evidence.

1 hour ago, HikerBuc said:

How in the world has the NFL let this thing drag out over ten months? This isn't a very complicated situation, either they believe the Uber driver or they don't have enough evidence to conclude that Jameis did what he is accused of. Like the quote that Buc has above, if he didn't do anything, what the hell did he have to report?

There is no excuse for this not to have been resolved by the the league before the draft and the beginning of FA.

The NFL, specifically Goodell, wants to enjoy a nice sodomy session with the Bucs and fans. It's that simple. 

I'm tired of gropegate.  If Winston really did that, he must have been drunk at the time. Pure power play, only. No chance for satisfaction out of that move, and now he has a tub full of shit to bathe in. Stupid move. Two more months of this shit at least. Fuck the NFL. I like early offseason a lot more. 

33 minutes ago, Tundra said:

I'm tired of gropegate.  If Winston really did that, he must have been drunk at the time. Pure power play, only. No chance for satisfaction out of that move, and now he has a tub full of shit to bathe in. Stupid move. Two more months of this shit at least. Fuck the NFL. I like early offseason a lot more. 

Stupid if true alright. She wasn't serving that taco in the drive thru. If he was alone in the car with her as she's claimed, and he's claiming otherwise and has a buddy lie for him, Goodell could fuck him pretty hard if they have a reason to go with her story. And his suspension probably won't be announced until the week of Game freakin One.

Four QB's on the roster. Fitz goes 1-4?

In general, I'd just like to watch an NFL game without hearing about outside shit whether said shit is caused by players, the league, the fans or a politician looking for attention. This is a major reason I enjoy Saturday games over Sunday games these days which was not the case 4-5 years ago.

If there's anything evidence which comes out of the NFL investigation that there is truth to the woman's story, I'll probably make tfree appear to be a fan of Winston but we are not there yet and may not get there.

Should’ve drafted a QB. Winston, what a fuctard.

Tank was smart to check out when he did and he did so because of Winston.

Just when this team looks like it can make a serious run st the playoffs, the QB is suspended for 3 games.

The Winston slurpers will surely place blame on someone, anyone but Famous Jameis.

7 minutes ago, fanofdabucs said:

Should’ve drafted a QB. Winston, what a fuctard.

Tank was smart to check out when he did and he did so because of Winston.

Just when this team looks like it can make a serious run st the playoffs, the QB is suspended for 3 games.

The Winston slurpers will surely place blame on someone, anyone but Famous Jameis.

I guess the knucklehead deserves at least what he's getting. 

Us idiots, not so much.

According to the reports from both Schefty and Stroud, the NFL has stated that the suspension could be altered based on Winston doing some things. I'm guessing here but I wonder if he never gave up the name of the person supposedly sitting in the front seat. Maybe the NFL wants the name and if they don't get it they make it longer.

If the NFL actually communicates with the Bucs about what they know and what the facts are then I presume they will have a decision to make on Winston going forward. Whether or not that happens, who knows? 

In general this franchise has been snakebit since 2008. Nothing surprises me anymore. 

Oh and by they, I mean the Bucs. Could be the end of the line for Winston. And then Koetter and Licht.