Sign in to follow this  
rook

Rays Trade Span and Colome to Seattle for 2 prospects

I have never seen a poor base running and lack of clutch hitting in the same game. Miller gets picked off of 2nd erasing what would have been a run scoring single. Runners Mallex Smith and Refsnyder on 3rd base with zero outs (Smith) and 3rd base with one out Refsnyder and the Rays could not get them home.

Pitiful.

16 hours ago, rook said:

Rays go back to 500 after winning an "exciting" 1-0 in 13 innings against the As. Already there are rumors that the Yankees are going after Chris Archer.

Can we start a GoFundMe to buy Archer a ticket to the Yankmes? Yes, he had a decent outing, but I am ready for them to trade him.

I am not. Snell wins tonight. Romo almost blew a 3 run lead. I thought they were going to use Alvarado. Romo gave up two runs and nearly gave up a tying solo home run. (just foul). Worst save ever. Roe had runners on 2nd and 3rd with nobody out and got 3 outs w/o a run scoring. Schultz over powered the As.

Cash, do not use Romo as a closer. Rays are over 500 for the first time since they were 1-0.

Agree about Romo, we complained about Colome, Romo is much worse as a closer. Perhaps if Archer would keep his mouth shut, I might be more agreeable regarding him. Why keep his mouth shut? He has yet to back up his “Victor Mature” (something we would call a kid acting older than he is...I know) act that disappears once he is on the field. Basically, grow up, listen to your coaches and hone your craft.

I do not why he did not use Alavrado in the 9th. He was warmed up and his stuff is virtually the same as Schultz who blew the As away with 3 quick strikeouts in the 7th.

Roe had the same start in the 8th as Romo. Runners on 2nd and 3rd with no one out with The Rays infield back conceding the run and runner advancement on any ground ball. Roe managed to get 2 strikeouts and a ground out to get out the inning without a run even though the score was only 3-1. Finesse pitcher but can get the strikeout when he needs it. Robertson's HR in the 9th ended up being the game winner.