NNUD28

Dungy in the ring of honor

On 5/9/2018 at 6:15 AM, Dunn_Deal28 said:

Dungy is a good man and while he didn't get the Bucs to a Super Bowl, he absolutely brought much needed respectability. Deserves to be in.

I’m going to respectfully disagree. Tom Hanks is also a good man and nice guy. He has as much business in the Ring of Honor (or Hall of Fame) as Tony “Watch Me Lose Another Playoff Game” Dungy. 

The thing is that Dungy turned a perennial loser of a team to one that was competitive and consistently won games.  Yeah, he didn't take them to the next level from there, but that was a huge step.  He's a big part of the franchise.   HOF, maybe not.  Ring of Honor, definitely.

This fucking guy. I'll give him credit for making the Bucs believe they maybe can win regular season games. Gruden actually showed them how to win playoff games. He rode the coattails of Wyche & Mora. Plus he's a self-righteous prick, so there's that.

The Bus''s ROH is diluted by adding him.

2 hours ago, Bucaroo Bonzai said:

The thing is that Dungy turned a perennial loser of a team to one that was competitive and consistently won games.  Yeah, he didn't take them to the next level from there, but that was a huge step.  He's a big part of the franchise.   HOF, maybe not.  Ring of Honor, definitely.

There’s no “honor” in wasting talent because you’re too stubborn and stupid to field an actual offense. How many games did we have where our kicker was our offensive MVP? 

Fuck Tony Dungy. He was a shitty head coach yet is consistently overrated for being nice and African-American. If he was white and/or a prick, he would be openly mocked for being clearly inept.

Not to call you out as a racist fuck, but as a kid I rooted for the Seahawks with Chuck Knox as their head coach.  He was basically a more conservative version of Dungy.  He consistently won about 9 games, and bombed in the playoffs.  He's in their ring of honor!  Unlike Dungy, he didn't turn around a team with 13 double digit losses in a row.  Before Dungy we couldn't get players to re-sign with the team and forgetabout attracting a top talent head coach.

In one regard you are right...if Dungy were white, he wouldn't be in the ring on honor because a white coach with his credentials never would have taken the job in the first place.

Anyone with that much hate for Dungy, wasn’t a Buc fan in the 80’s and much of the 90s. Not a fucking chance.

Anyone who sat in that hot fucking stadium, on those hard ass bleachers, pissed and got pissed on using the trough urnial, surrounded by Packer and Bear fans, all while watching your team get stomped every year...appreciated what Dungy did.

After sitting with my pop since..pretty much birth, through all that shit I’ll never forget the last game in that Stadium. When the Bucs and Dungy hosted a playoff game and won.

It didn’t really matter to me if Dungy ever coached another win as the Bucs head. The fact he took total losers (Wyche’s teams sucked and he never got another HC gig again, so spare me the Sam fucking Wyche bullshit) and turned them into a respectable team, was enough for me to appreciate him.

I thought it was time for Dungy to move on and the fact he was too hard headed to change his ways caused him to get fired.

But anyone who thinks Dungy doesn’t deserve to be in the ring of honor mist have jumped on the bandwagon in the late 90s.

1 hour ago, fanofdabucs said:

Anyone who sat in that hot fucking stadium, on those hard ass bleachers, pissed and got pissed on using the trough urnial, surrounded by Packer and Bear fans, all while watching your team get stomped every year...appreciated what Dungy did.

After sitting with my pop since..pretty much birth, through all that shit I’ll never forget the last game in that Stadium. When the Bucs and Dungy hosted a playoff game and won.

I was at that last game. Some people were using the trough, some the sink and some the corners in drunken exuberance. There were plenty of misfires. Kinda creepy to think I might've gotten some on ya.

That game was awesome. We killed their QB. Wasn't there a great Karl Williams moment there? And I remember all the police horses at the end where some players grabbed Buc flags and were running around celebrating as some were tossing their gloves and things into the stands.

Thanks, Coach Dungy!

12 hours ago, tfree32 said:

There’s no “honor” in wasting talent because you’re too stubborn and stupid to field an actual offense. How many games did we have where our kicker was our offensive MVP? 

Fuck Tony Dungy. He was a shitty head coach yet is consistently overrated for being nice and African-American. If he was white and/or a prick, he would be openly mocked for being clearly inept.

Were you leading the charge against the inclusion of John McKay?