Sign in to follow this  
fanofdabucs

Some of these mocks..really??

I get it. These sites are in the click business and more outlandish and different they are, the more clicks they will most likely get. But this one has me SMH.

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2018/04/nfl_mock_draft_2018_giants_eagles_patriots_tom_brady.html

So in this draft the perfect scenario happens, not only is one of the big 3 there at number 6, but all 3 are there! So this means the Bucs will have the choice of whomever the Colts don’t pick at 6. Perfect, right? So what does this mock have us do? Trade up one spot and take Barkley!?!?! Passing on both Chubb and Nelson for a RB and trading up.

This might be the one scenario where I’d join Tundra and go shit I’m his neighbors pool.

7 minutes ago, fanofdabucs said:

I get it. These sites are in the click business and more outlandish and different they are, the more clicks they will most likely get. But this one has me SMH.

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2018/04/nfl_mock_draft_2018_giants_eagles_patriots_tom_brady.html

So in this draft the perfect scenario happens, not only is one of the big 3 there at number 6, but all 3 are there! So this means the Bucs will have the choice of whomever the Colts don’t pick at 6. Perfect, right? So what does this mock have us do? Trade up one spot and take Barkley!?!?! Passing on both Chubb and Nelson for a RB and trading up.

This might be the one scenario where I’d join Tundra and go shit I’m his neighbors pool.

Local publication that doesn't know much of anything outside of the Eagles, Giants, and Jets. 

1 minute ago, Dunn_Deal28 said:

Local publication that doesn't know much of anything outside of the Eagles, Giants, and Jets. 

You don’t have to know much about the other teams needs to know that you don’t trade up to draft a RB when two great trench players are about to fall in your lap. Also, the Colts need OL and DL help more than a RB (Marlon Mack was pretty damn good as Rookie). 

Barkley is a Buc ONLY IF he is the only one of the Big 3 there at Number 7. The Bucs will not trade up for anyone, especially not a RB, at least not in the first round, at least if Liczxhct wants his job a few more months. 

And Derwood Fucking James. Please. At 39 maybe, but not at 7, The douches over at Pewter Report think Derwood is the second coming of Ronnie Lott. :facepalm 

3 hours ago, fanofdabucs said:

You don’t have to know much about the other teams needs to know that you don’t trade up to draft a RB when two great trench players are about to fall in your lap. Also, the Colts need OL and DL help more than a RB (Marlon Mack was pretty damn good as Rookie). 

You'd be surprised just how stupid some of these local guys are. 

3 hours ago, fanofdabucs said:

Actually, they had Nelson gone at #5.  Still, these guys have a piss-poor understanding of the Bucs coaches and FO mindset if they think they'd pay extra to take Barkley over Chubb.  They'd gladly go with either player, but no way they shed a future 2nd to guarantee one over the other.

21 minutes ago, JOEinPHX said:

Actually, they had Nelson gone at #5.  Still, these guys have a piss-poor understanding of the Bucs coaches and FO mindset if they think they'd pay extra to take Barkley over Chubb.  They'd gladly go with either player, but no way they shed a future 2nd to guarantee one over the other.

Correct.

25 minutes ago, Buc said:

Im fine with James at #7 IF the big 3 are gone AND we cant get a decent trade down offer. . . . . hoping this is not the case tho

If all of those ifs come to pass, and if Derwood is indeed the pick,  if every GM truthfully told Licht to go fuck himself with his trade down offers, then I would not be fine with it, but what else are they gonna do? I suppose then I might not feel as bad about a reach around for one of the other higher risk guys.  James just doesn't do it for me, I see him and I think 
good college player, won't translate well to the NFL. He seems slow to react when I have watched him.  Plus he is way over-hyped and over-rated.  

But there is the cock and a hard place that Licht would be in if Big 3 gone + no trade down partners.  Fuck me, Larry. 

The Bucs will not trade the pick at 7. Licht has pretty much said so. A player they want will be there.

He got a shit eatin grin when he said it doesn't mean he won't make a deal in the other rounds. Much like he did when he had a key player targeted and made the deal to get his forever kcicker.

4 hours ago, Dunn_Deal28 said:

You'd be surprised just how stupid some of these local guys are. 

I can't recall because it's been so long since I live in NJ, but isn't nj.com the asbury park press online site?

I don't get particularly wrapped up in anyone's mock draft but this outfit I'd pay absolutely no attention to.

4 hours ago, Dunn_Deal28 said:

I'd be willing to guess that the guy coming up with the mock draft has not heard of Peyton Barber, and is unable to name the Bucs' starting offensive line. 

I've been a Bucs fan since the early 90's and I barely know who Peyton Barber is and what football nerd would know the names of the Bucs starting OLmen?

15 hours ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

I can't recall because it's been so long since I live in NJ, but isn't nj.com the asbury park press online site?

I don't get particularly wrapped up in anyone's mock draft but this outfit I'd pay absolutely no attention to.

Not anymore. There's app.com, which is the Press' primary online site. NJ.com is part of the Star Ledger, I believe.