Sign in to follow this  
fanofdabucs

Are you kidding me?!?! Jags sign Norwell to ridiculous deal

I think DD hit it - Coughlin wanted to stick it to the Giants and went for broke.
We need to come up with at least 3-4 starters in FA/Draft. . . and some serious depth guys as well.
Considering what we have to work with on the roster already, what about going after some of these guys - getting at least 1 from FA for OL, DL, DB, RB and then drafting one from each group as well.

Ryan Jensen C
Josh Sitton G

Isaiah Crowell RB
Jerick Mckinnon RB
Dion Lewis RB

Alex Okafor DE
Aaron Lynch DE
Dontari Poe DE

Trumaine Johnson CB
E.J. Gaines
CB
Kenny Vaccarro
S
Ron Parker S

55 minutes ago, Buc said:

I think DD hit it - Coughlin wanted to stick it to the Giants and went for broke.
We need to come up with at least 3-4 starters in FA/Draft. . . and some serious depth guys as well.
Considering what we have to work with on the roster already, what about going after some of these guys - getting at least 1 from FA for OL, DL, DB, RB and then drafting one from each group as well.

Ryan Jensen C
Josh Sitton G

Isaiah Crowell RB
Jerick Mckinnon RB
Dion Lewis RB

Alex Okafor DE
Aaron Lynch DE
Dontari Poe DE

Trumaine Johnson CB
E.J. Gaines
CB
Kenny Vaccarro
S
Ron Parker S

I'd love to see Aaron Lynch brought in. He's a serviceable DE and would probably want to come back to Tampa (played at USF and was born in Cape Coral).

Poe scares me. He had issues with his weight in KC and Atlanta brought him in on a one year "prove it" deal. He showed flashes of being really good, but you'd expect him to play his best ball in a year in which he's trying to get a big long term deal. I'm afraid once he gets that deal, he slacks off.

I'm all about McKinnon. I think he's everything the Bucs thought they were getting in Sims. He can be a great third down back, a change of pace back and even a guy who can carry the load in a pinch.

Ron Parker is a guy the Bucs have showed interest in in the past, so if they could get him for a decent price, that wouldn't suck either.

I think adding a DT in FA and drafting one is in the plans as well.

4 minutes ago, fanofdabucs said:

You'd have no problem making a center the highest paid offensive lineman (more than any OT) in the history of the NFL? No gracias.

Not to mention, maybe Jacksonville feels they're a player or two away and Norwell is that player. Not sure I see them improving from 2017, but nonetheless. If an organization is primed to make another Super Bowl run, a lot of long term planning can go out the window. Let's say they do win a Super Bowl or even get there, might be a lot easier to stomach salary cap hell for a few years. Whereas the Bucs, Norwell or Jensen might help move the needle to 10-6 or 11-5. And while it would be nice to finally win a playoff game or even get there, that's not tempting enough for me when you have Winston, Evans, Marpet, Kwon, and even Evans, Godwin and Howard looking like players that should be around for the next 5-6 years. If big guaranteed deals potentially preclude the Bucs from signing the core long term, then you don't do it unless you're certain that you're within a Super Bowl window.

1 hour ago, fanofdabucs said:

You'd have no problem making a center the highest paid offensive lineman (more than any OT) in the history of the NFL? No gracias.

The market changes.  The rates go up.  

Our OL was crap at creating running lanes last season, and investing in an improvement there would help a number of issues with the Bucs offense.

And ultimately, I'm tired of a team that's spent the better part of a decade at or near the bottom of the league being a perennial leader in cap space.  They can't fix all the problems with free agency, but they need to try to fix some of them.  The draft certainly won't yield all the answers the team needs.

So no, I wouldn't have a problem with it.  OL investments are typically more bankable than say, 33% of that same money on a DT that was only good for heckling kickers.

4 minutes ago, Justafan said:

The market changes.  The rates go up.  

Our OL was crap at creating running lanes last season, and investing in an improvement there would help a number of issues with the Bucs offense.

And ultimately, I'm tired of a team that's spent the better part of a decade at or near the bottom of the league being a perennial leader in cap space.  They can't fix all the problems with free agency, but they need to try to fix some of them.  The draft certainly won't yield all the answers the team needs.

So no, I wouldn't have a problem with it.  OL investments are typically more bankable than say, 33% of that same money on a DT that was only good for heckling kickers.

All of which I ageee with except for making a center the highest paid OL I’m football. 

Pay him as one of the top centers in football, but no need to go nuts like the Jags did. 

2 hours ago, fanofdabucs said:

All of which I ageee with except for making a center the highest paid OL I’m football. 

Pay him as one of the top centers in football, but no need to go nuts like the Jags did. 

Oh yeah? Well, fine.

I dunno, who can respond to a measured response on a forum?

4 minutes ago, Justafan said:

Oh yeah? Well, fine.

I dunno, who can respond to a measured response on a forum?

Just my opinion about over paying..not my money, so if they feel Jensen makes them that much better and want to pay him like a LT, so be it. 

3 minutes ago, NNUD28 said:

That's not as bad as 20 million for Bradford....Sam fucking Bradford 20 million 

3 minutes ago, NNUD28 said:

That's not as bad as 20 million for Bradford....Sam fucking Bradford 20 million 

Haha..Sam Bradford has made money..doing shit