Sign in to follow this  
Bucaroo Bonzai

Mark Dominik's worst moves.....

Cutting Ruud (not the end of the world), and then deciding before camp even began than our starting MLB would be replaced with a 3rd round draft pick in Foster who wasn't even a MLB in college.  Its not a reflection on foster, but rather how they operated.

If I ever meet Gruden, the first thing I'm going to ask is whether Mark Dominik made a good cup of coffee.   The second question is whether it was better than RaMo's.

1 hour ago, Bucaroo Bonzai said:

Cutting Ruud (not the end of the world), and then deciding before camp even began than our starting MLB would be replaced with a 3rd round draft pick in Foster who wasn't even a MLB in college.  Its not a reflection on foster, but rather how they operated.

If I ever meet Gruden, the first thing I'm going to ask is whether Mark Dominik made a good cup of coffee.   The second question is whether it was better than RaMo's.

I’d be more interested in knowing for how long could Dumfuknik hold his breath. He must have been swallowing whole Glazerhog in order to be in that job for that long. 

Ruud was a smart player especially in Kiffin’s scheme. I just watched the second 2008 Saints game and Ruud was brilliant at reading Brees’s audibles and calling defensive signals. That was Gruden’s last win. Garcia played like absolute shiite and the DL made it obvious that they couldn’t stop power running, hence the 4 game losing streak to finish the Bucs and Gruden. 

2 hours ago, Bucaroo Bonzai said:

IIRC it went something like this. Ruud was on a one year deal when Foster was drafted after 2010. The 2011 season was the lockout season and, since Ruud was not under contract and Foster as a pick was not able to practice with the team with no contract, the player who became known as The Grand Middle Organizer....Tyrone McKenzie....took over the "starting" Mike position mainly because he knew the defensive signals.  Ruud was never signed. This went on through camp and then in the final pre season game, Foster ended up as the Mike. McKenzie was cut prior to the season. It was absolutely asinine since it was obvious that McKenzie couldn't play.

McKenzie, FWIW, continues to this day to be a guy who knows how to play but can't play. He is a LBers coach...last with the Vikings and now with Mike Vrabel.

1 hour ago, Tundra said:

I’d be more interested in knowing for how long could Dumfuknik hold his breath. He must have been swallowing whole Glazerhog in order to be in that job for that long. 

Ruud was a smart player especially in Kiffin’s scheme. I just watched the second 2008 Saints game and Ruud was brilliant at reading Brees’s audibles and calling defensive signals. That was Gruden’s last win. Garcia played like absolute shiite and the DL made it obvious that they couldn’t stop power running, hence the 4 game losing streak to finish the Bucs and Gruden. 

The problem that season is that Hovan and Haye were both injured towards the end of the season and they had been able to, at least to that point, keep the OL from getting to the LBers free and clear. The Panthers ran for about 600 yards against them because Ruud and Brooks who was old and injured couldn't handle the second level blocking and handling RBs who were bigger than they were.

1 hour ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

The problem that season is that Hovan and Haye were both injured towards the end of the season and they had been able to, at least to that point, keep the OL from getting to the LBers free and clear. The Panthers ran for about 600 yards against them because Ruud and Brooks who was old and injured couldn't handle the second level blocking and handling RBs who were bigger than they were.

The last 2008 game against the Raiders, a must win for the Bucs, the Bucs had a 10 point lead in the 3rd quarter and I believe even into the 4th quarter. Then Michael Bush ran for about 600 yards in the 4th quarter, the beaten up and beaten off Bucs had no answer for him. 

And now, here we are.