Sign in to follow this  
Bucaroo Bonzai

Mark Dominik's worst moves.....

So I was thinking about how we're still suffering from him not making a legitimate play for Bennett, and it got me thinking that there should be a list of reasons why he will never be employed as a GM/scout again......

1. Michael Bennett
2. Revis Trade
3. Matt Bryant sent packing
4. Clayton
5. Cutting all of our veteran leadership when he started
6. Trading for Winslow
7. Garbage picks.

A few of these not only had long term consequences due to the loss of talent, but we also burned picks in the process trying to replace them.  What's odd is that he's both Typhoid Mary in terms of being hired by NFL teams while at the same time, he's the silicon GM who never really got the credit he deserved in the media.

I would flip one and two, and I'm just not up to rehashing what was wrong on the Revis trade chapter and verse.

Trading up to draft Arreleous Benn in the second round was a bigger fuck up than many of those.

Add in DaQuan Bowers, Brian Price, missed opportunities and wasted picks, he has to got to a make the Top Ten of worst GMs of all time.

2 hours ago, Bucaroo Bonzai said:

So I was thinking about how we're still suffering from him not making a legitimate play for Bennett, and it got me thinking that there should be a list of reasons why he will never be employed as a GM/scout again......

1. Michael Bennett
2. Revis Trade
4. Clayton
6. Trading for Winslow
7. Garbage picks.

A few of these not only had long term consequences due to the loss of talent, but we also burned picks in the process trying to replace them.  What's odd is that he's both Typhoid Mary in terms of being hired by NFL teams while at the same time, he's the silicon GM who never really got the credit he deserved in the media.

I immediately think of the Revis acquisition and Daquon Bowers being drafted when I think of Dominik. Bennett's another one and I think that was the same year as the Bowers draft.

I realize the Matt Bryant move was ultimately wrong particularly considering how tough it has been for the Bucs but, IIRC, he was accurate but not considered a guy who could kick the long ones. The 63 yarder was made because the wind was so strong that I might have been able to get it 63 yards. His rep was as a weak legged but accurate kicker.

38 minutes ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

Bennett's another one and I think that was the same year as the Bowers draft.

Dominic, trying to draft an entire defensive line in to years picked McCoy and Brian Price in 2010, and Adrian Clayborn and Bowers in 2011.

Bennett's last year here was 2012. He played in place of the oft-injured Bowers in 2011. I believe  trying to save face, Dominic chose to stand by his picks as opposed to retaining Bennett as Bennett would have outplayed either for starting slots.

11 hours ago, Bucaroo Bonzai said:

1. Michael Bennett
2. Revis Trade
4. Clayton
6. Trading for Winslow
7. Garbage picks.

This thread could legitimately go to 500 pages. 

9 hours ago, SF said:

Dominic, trying to draft an entire defensive line in to years picked McCoy and Brian Price in 2010, and Adrian Clayborn and Bowers in 2011.

Brian Price played arguably as well as McCoy in training camp before his first injury.

DuhQuan Bowers played guitar.

13 hours ago, Bucaroo Bonzai said:

4. Clayton

Good list. Your #s 1 through 3 might have been more consequential, but I think signing Clayton to that ridiculous $26 million deal (over $10 million of which was guaranteed) was the one that really showed what an amateur he was as a negotiator.  Clayton was obviously a flash-in-the-pan bust after his rookie year, and when his contract was up his agent booked him a ticket to Seattle - his worthless client probably didn't even have a meeting with the Seahawks set up, but Dominick panicked and threw all that money at him. 

I don't know if people remember what an ass Clayton was.  Remember the "check in the bank"?  quote?  Basically, he said the fans who criticized him didn't know what they were talking about and it didn't matter anyway because "the check was in the bank".  Asshole.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/270606-hey-coach-morris-i-take-your-dare-on-michael-clayton

13 hours ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

I immediately think of the Revis acquisition and Daquon Bowers being drafted when I think of Dominik. Bennett's another one and I think that was the same year as the Bowers draft.

I realize the Matt Bryant move was ultimately wrong particularly considering how tough it has been for the Bucs but, IIRC, he was accurate but not considered a guy who could kick the long ones. The 63 yarder was made because the wind was so strong that I might have been able to get it 63 yards. His rep was as a weak legged but accurate kicker.

I was at that game and it wasn't really all that windy that day.

Bryant was accurate and could kick 50 plus yarders. The 63 was just hammered correctly and while he did have a bit of wind still...

Don't forget the Brian Price pick, the Benn pick, Freeman,  Myron Lewis...

3 hours ago, fanofdabucs said:

I was at that game and it wasn't really all that windy that day.

Bryant was accurate and could kick 50 plus yarders. The 63 was just hammered correctly and while he did have a bit of wind still...

Don't forget the Brian Price pick, the Benn pick, Freeman,  Myron Lewis...

I was at that game and said to my son that all he had to do was hit it straight and he could make it because of the wind. It was one of the windiest games I've ever been to if not the windiest.

Anyone remember he gave Quincy Black a Claytonesque contract, right before Quincy blew out his leg for good?  It was part of the move to comply with the salary cap fucking floor. :facepalm

Goddamned piece of shit rancid labia dripping corksoaking motherfargin bastage. 

We could have shown more loyalty to a good kicker who had a minor injury, and our troubles at the position are why we drafted a kicker in the 2nd round.

SF, they aren't in order, and yes, I would flip 1 and 2.  But I would argue that the most damaging moves to the franchise were 5 and 6.  The team still had a good culture and cutting all of our veteran leadership really killed it.  Then KW2 set the tone for the next decade, and I don't think we've recovered from that laid back don't give a shit attitude.

16 hours ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

I was at that game and said to my son that all he had to do was hit it straight and he could make it because of the wind. It was one of the windiest games I've ever been to if not the windiest.

Ok let’s go with your memory is much better than mine, even tho your probably much older;)..

The pont remains, getting rid of Bryant was a mistake.

My brother and I took my nephew to training camp the year the Bryant situation was going on. We met Matt and shot the shit with him for about 5 minutes about kids, golf, soccer..we are about the same age so it was like chatting with a friend. So I just flat out asked him what was going on and if he planned to be there? He just shook his head and said “if it was up to me I’d retire here, but you need to ask that question to him” and he nodded toward Dominick.

Brilliant 

2 hours ago, bucs63 said:

Adam Schefter reported the Raiders don't plan to bring back Janikowski.

Might Licht actually consider him even though "he may be the only kicker to kick and collect social security at the same time" in some cosksure attempt to solidify the position?

How's his Spanish? SeBas I mean, not Licht. 

Here were the douchebags drafts, including the shit he got for traded picks. 

Josh Freeman -- traded UP to get him

Kellan Fucking Winslow -- traded a second rounder for him. Browns would have released him. The beginning of a pattern. 

Roy Miller

Kyle Moore

Xavier Fulton

Ironcially his seventh rounders were the best players of his tenure

EG Biggers

Sean Mahan

Sammy Stroughter

Gerald McCoy (a complete no brainer, an untrained monkey would've drafted McCoy there)

Brian Price

Arrelius Benn -- traded UP for the useless tit

Moron Lewis -- :ROTFLMAO:

Mike Williams -- too bad he was coiched by Raheehaw, he might have had a good career

Brent Bowden -- a PUNTER :ROTFLMAO: who sucked even in college

Once again the Dumster's seventh round magic kicks in

Cody Grimm

Dekoda Watson

Eric Lorig

You know what? Fuck this, it's making me sick. 

1 hour ago, Tundra said:

Here were the douchebags drafts, including the shit he got for traded picks. 

Josh Freeman -- traded UP to get him

Kellan Fucking Winslow -- traded a second rounder for him. Browns would have released him. The beginning of a pattern. 

Roy Miller

Kyle Moore

Xavier Fulton

Gerald McCoy (a complete no brainer, an untrained monkey would've drafted McCoy there)

Brian Price

Arrelius Benn -- traded UP for the useless tit

Moron Lewis -- :ROTFLMAO:

Mike Williams -- too bad he was coiched by Raheehaw, he might have had a good career

Brent Bowden -- a PUNTER :ROTFLMAO: who sucked even in college

Well damn, if you look hard enough you'll find a few ants at every picnic.

And if you're lucky you'll see a few of THESE.

:boobs::boobs::boobs: