Sign in to follow this  
Boatrunner

Trade out Jameis for 1st rounder then sign Foles

10 minutes ago, UncleBuc said:

if you don't get the Eagles O Line, D Line, and play caller, bad.

Ill go out on a limb and say Foles is slightly better than Jameis, he did take the Eagles to the playoffs under Chip Kelly, there is a lot to be said about that.

Also having another 1st round pick to spend on a Defensive lineman or stud RB would be an upgrade.

He's under contract with the Eagles, and it appears to be a very favorable contract for a trade.   We'd lose picks in that transaction.  He was legitimately a Super Bowl MVP.  Hard to say what we have in Winston without good protection and tools around him.  We wouldn't get good value in a trade, and there's a good chance the Bucs would end up looking like crap for trading him away.

It's hard to make a case against Foles ......After all he won a Super Bowl against the Brady Bunch no less....and he pretty much kicked our ass the last two times he visited here.....But....I would stay Pat with Winston...I believe ...and it's maybe only me ....that Jameis has the higher ceiling and we are about to get the Growing up Jameis...this coming season....

21 minutes ago, Bucaroo Bonzai said:

He's under contract with the Eagles, and it appears to be a very favorable contract for a trade.   We'd lose picks in that transaction.  He was legitimately a Super Bowl MVP.  Hard to say what we have in Winston without good protection and tools around him.  We wouldn't get good value in a trade, and there's a good chance the Bucs would end up looking like crap for trading him away.

Just to continue my rant, we'd lose a lot in the transaction, and then we'd be still be left with a supporting cast that won't provide Foles the play calling, pass protection, and run game that he likely needs to perform at that high level.

It is more likely that the Pope flies to Tampa and takes a shit on Joel Glazer’s desk than the Bucs trading Jameis for anyone, let alone Nick Fucking Foles. He is a system QB. Koetter’s system is very different, very suited for Jameis, who so many fuckers seem to forget, is only 23 fucking years old and still immature. And not suited at all for Nick Fucking Foles, who will go somewhere to start next season.....and suck cock doing it. 

Jesus Fucking Christ

3 hours ago, jobuc597 said:

It's hard to make a case against Foles ......After all he won a Super Bowl against the Brady Bunch no less....and he pretty much kicked our ass the last two times he visited here.....But....I would stay Pat with Winston...I believe ...and it's maybe only me ....that Jameis has the higher ceiling and we are about to get the Growing up Jameis...this coming season....

I agree 100%, jobuc. It would be foolish to entertain the thought of trading him. It would have to be for some crazy shit like Ditka pulled for Ricky Williams, and even then I would have my doubts.

2 hours ago, bucs63 said:

C'mon. The idea of trading Winston is preposterous. He better be totally useless by time he packs up his locker. Either with no place to go or a couple big fuckin rings on fingers. 

I keep hoping my wife turns into a young Pamela Anderson too.

What will happen is Jameis will play one more year as a Buc, his contract will expire and he will sign with another team as a free agent and the Bucs will be left holding nothing but their hairy ball sack.

Its what the Bucs do, they NEVER resign their drafted first round QBs-EVER.

Face facts, last year was Winston's 3rd year and he showed who he is, an inconstant fumbler that cant win games when it counts-23 or 33 he's as good as he's going to get with Tampa Bay.

The Bucs have resigned drafted QBs in the past.  They would have handed Freeman a fat contract if he didn't collapse.   I see your point, but I suspect the coaches like Winston more than the fans.  Generally speaking if a QB doesn't have good protection and a run game, they aren't going to look very good.  Seems to me that the Eagles had 3 running backs better than any of ours, and their QB had a lot of time back there.

As for Winston, his QBR has improved every year.  He played injured for 3 games and still had a QBR of 92 while hitting 64% of his passes, and without the 3 games he missed, he would have passed 4,000 yards for the 3rd year in a row.  The Bucs apparently have an option on Winston, but they'll resign him long before he hits free agency.

24 minutes ago, Bucaroo Bonzai said:

The Bucs have resigned drafted QBs in the past.  They would have handed Freeman a fat contract if he didn't collapse.   I see your point, but I suspect the coaches like Winston more than the fans.  Generally speaking if a QB doesn't have good protection and a run game, they aren't going to look very good.  Seems to me that the Eagles had 3 running backs better than any of ours, and their QB had a lot of time back there.

As for Winston, his QBR has improved every year.  He played injured for 3 games and still had a QBR of 92 while hitting 64% of his passes, and without the 3 games he missed, he would have passed 4,000 yards for the 3rd year in a row.  The Bucs apparently have an option on Winston, but they'll resign him long before he hits free agency.

Indeed.

7 hours ago, Boatrunner said:

I keep hoping my wife turns into a young Pamela Anderson too.

What will happen is Jameis will play one more year as a Buc, his contract will expire and he will sign with another team as a free agent and the Bucs will be left holding nothing but their hairy ball sack.

Its what the Bucs do, they NEVER resign their drafted first round QBs-EVER.

Face facts, last year was Winston's 3rd year and he showed who he is, an inconstant fumbler that cant win games when it counts-23 or 33 he's as good as he's going to get with Tampa Bay.

So if it suits you ..I really hope your wife turns into Pamela Anderson...

But here is a fact That needs Facing:   Famous Jameis will sign a new contact with the Bucs...I got a fortune cookie from China One and it said so....

If any of this is serious, this is the dumbest thread we've had here in awhile... Foles was almost out of football a year ago.  He flat out sucked in St. Louis.

The guy got hot for a beat, but he's not the QB he was in the playoffs this year, especially if you put him in a different system with a different HC and different players around him

Everyone already seems to have forgotten how awesome Josh McCown was in Chicago for 8 games before the Bucs signed him, made them the starter, and finished 2-14.

36 minutes ago, The Rich McKay Conspiracy said:

If any of this is serious, this is the dumbest thread we've had here in awhile... Foles was almost out of football a year ago.  He flat out sucked in St. Louis.

The guy got hot for a beat, but he's not the QB he was in the playoffs this year, especially if you put him in a different system with a different HC and different players around him

Everyone already seems to have forgotten how awesome Josh McCown was in Chicago for 8 games before the Bucs signed him, made them the starter, and finished 2-14.

Totally agree in fact they mentioned that during the Super Bowl that they had to switch to almost the same type of offense Chip Kelly ran for him to be successful.

On 2/6/2018 at 3:30 PM, Boatrunner said:

How bad could it be?

It could be as bad as when the Eagles became enamored with one season of Foles when he threw 25 TDs and 2 Ints. 

He plunged to mediocre and kicked around the league back in Philly as the back up.

Foles is a roller coaster. When at the Apex, he could be atop fifteen QB. Other wise run of the mill. 

22 minutes ago, Bucaroo Bonzai said:

I think it is telling that he won the Super Bowl, and pretty much everyone immediately said, "I can't wait until we get our starting QB back"  .

Not the same analogy, but how many times were we holding our breath when Trent dropped back to pass?

A completed pass was a bullet dodged.