Sign in to follow this  
Ramsforever

Super Bowl

My parents were long suffering Eagles fans. Season ticket holders from 1961-1967. 

They had one winning season in that time, their coach was a moron named Joe Kuharick. They had talent -- Timmy Brown, Tom Woodeshek, Pete Retzlaff, Mike Ditka, Bob Brown, Ben Hawkins, Irv Cross, Nate Ramsey, Floyd Peters -- fuck I know those old Eagles better than I know the bucking Fucs now.  Their downfall was a stooge that wore number 16 -- Norm Fucking Snead. He sucked first in my fandom world. Back then they called their own plays. He must have been dumber than the box that held the rocks. Yet, he played for like 16 seasons, finishing up with the Giants (the fucker followed me) -- I'm half surprised that he wasn't the first quarterback for the Bucs instead of Spurrier. 

Anyway, this Eagles win is for my mom and dad, God Rest Their Souls. For tonight only -- #flyEaglesfly

Grew up (arguably on that point) a Giants fan and thus am predisposed to dislike the Eagles plus the Bucs had their issues with the Eagles as well. I'm just tired of the Patriots. I want them to go away for a few years. Kudos to Brady and Belicheck for their success but that's enough. I had virtually no emotional interest in this game at all and was only loosely paying attention most of the time. The only good thing is that we decided to stay home and not head to the in laws so I could hear questions like "who's number 12? He seems like he thinks he's good always giving out directions."