Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Axe

Why are some old long time posters still banned?

Recommended Posts

On 1/24/2018 at 10:30 AM, NNUD28 said:

I didn't mind any of them I got into it with NYC but overall he was a good guy. Since Snook left JeffT stopped posting. Right now there is nothing to talk about. Since we cant talk politics, I cant say what a great job Trump is doing fixing the 8 years of shit left behind by Obama. 

Good Grief man,  don't you think you already suck Trump's bone enough on Fakebook.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JeffT and Snook are not the same person.  I know this for fact.

The "ambulance chaser" was not cousins or family members with anyone else who ran/owned the board.  He did have a brother that posted here but had nothing to do with the operations of the place.

tfree is correct in that NYC was an asshole but tfree is also an asshole.  Never had a major problem with either.

Rasta is a good guy and still posts on another Buc board.

Killing the politics section off indeed killed the board more than anything else but prior ownership also took a major toll in the end.

YOI was a fat pole smoke.

NNUD is a degenerate drunk.

I could go on.

Any other questions?

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, caner said:

JeffT and Snook are not the same person.  I know this for fact.

The "ambulance chaser" was not cousins or family members with anyone else who ran/owned the board.  He did have a brother that posted here but had nothing to do with the operations of the place.

tfree is correct in that NYC was an asshole but tfree is also an asshole.  Never had a major problem with either.

Rasta is a good guy and still posts on another Buc board.

Killing the politics section off indeed killed the board more than anything else but prior ownership also took a major toll in the end.

YOI was a fat pole smoke.

NNUD is a degenerate drunk.

I could go on.

Any other questions?

 

 

 

Fatties smoke the best poles. Or so I've heard. Still it seemed like YOI may have been to lazy to suck a dick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/24/2018 at 8:13 AM, bucs63 said:

Shit I miss some of the people that are still here. There are many who post occasionally or even rarely that were good contributors to the board that seem to have lost interest.

I've got to think some of that is caused by the state of the Bucs franchise.

A big part of it is that the Sptimes and really the internet, started right when this franchise was becoming relevant. 

I think what you had was the perfect storm between longtime Buc fans, bandwagon fans, and just football fans in general that were amazed by this new craze to chat on the interweb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, fanofdabucs said:

A big part of it is that the Sptimes and really the internet, started right when this franchise was becoming relevant. 

I think what you had was the perfect storm between longtime Buc fans, bandwagon fans, and just football fans in general that were amazed by this new craze to chat on the interweb.

I've given that some thought too. Information was relatively hard to get outside of the Tampa area. Forget about timely, the bottom feeders weren't covered much except in the draft on TV or national things like Athlons. I used to go to libraries and ask for microfiche of the Times and Tribune to catch up on the team.

Message boards and chats were a craze. Information, real, rumor, opinion, and fantastic idiot shit was right there any time you wanted it.

I don't know the facts, but it seems a lot of message boards have declined or disappeared. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be honest, I didn't mind Snook when he kept to talking about the team/players. It is when he would interject his "son" bullshit and God-complex that made me ready to stomp him into the ground. Keep it football without that crap, and I didn't mind the discussion with him. Then again, I am a temperamental bastard at times myself, so I will use this forum as a means to apologize to any/all I have gotten riled up when I get riled up.

I miss seeing some of the others already mentioned here, but GSS is right, message boards as a whole have degenerated over time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SamuraiBuc said:

I will be honest, I didn't mind Snook when he kept to talking about the team/players. It is when he would interject his "son" bullshit and God-complex that made me ready to stomp him into the ground. Keep it football without that crap, and I didn't mind...

snook didn't talk football. He used football as bait for debate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SamuraiBuc said:

I will be honest, I didn't mind Snook when he kept to talking about the team/players. It is when he would interject his "son" bullshit and God-complex that made me ready to stomp him into the ground. Keep it football without that crap, and I didn't mind the discussion with him. Then again, I am a temperamental bastard at times myself, so I will use this forum as a means to apologize to any/all I have gotten riled up when I get riled up.

I miss seeing some of the others already mentioned here, but GSS is right, message boards as a whole have degenerated over time.

Reminds me - you seen Fuzzy Mae lately? I thought I had her shipped back up to you. Damn, did I leave her in the bonus room?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being one who was banned by rene gnam constantly for no reason, I could clearly answer these questions. The same dozen members that have never skipped a day to post here got them banned. They were/still are adding the fuel to the fire. Sissified hipocrites. Turns out that I am being blessed though, not wasting my life chatting with a bunch of losers about a bunch of losers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Tundra said:

 

 

18 hours ago, caner said:

JeffT and Snook are not the same person.  I know this for fact.

The "ambulance chaser" was not cousins or family members with anyone else who ran/owned the board.  He did have a brother that posted here but had nothing to do with the operations of the place.

tfree is correct in that NYC was an asshole but tfree is also an asshole.  Never had a major problem with either.

Rasta is a good guy and still posts on another Buc board.

Killing the politics section off indeed killed the board more than anything else but prior ownership also took a major toll in the end.

YOI was a fat pole smoke.

NNUD is a degenerate drunk.

I could go on.

Any other questions?

 

 

 

God God Caner! Please go on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tb_buc said:

 

God God Caner! Please go on!

For a short period of time I had mod powers so I saw what went on in the back channels here. 

I'll answer any specific questions anyone has to the best of my ability/recollection but I'm not going to spend a bunch of time here to do it seeing as I haven't posted or spent much time here in years.  

I just lurk from time to time anymore and when I saw this thread I did want to correct some misinformation/assumptions.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, fanofdabucs said:

A big part of it is that the Sptimes and really the internet, started right when this franchise was becoming relevant. 

I think what you had was the perfect storm between longtime Buc fans, bandwagon fans, and just football fans in general that were amazed by this new craze to chat on the interweb.

 

17 hours ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

Message boards have declined markedly. Social media where you can just say shit in one liners or reddit type of communications are more popular these days.

Both these things are very true but there are still other message boards that are older than this one that I participate in and still draw a helluva lot of traffic.  The main reason for the decline of this board is at least 80% self-inflicted.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, caner said:

Both these things are very true but there are still other message boards that are older than this one that I participate in and still draw a helluva lot of traffic.  The main reason for the decline of this board is at least 80% self-inflicted.  

The only 2 that draw a lot of traffic I know of still around that are on Buc only sites are PR and the one a lot of PR posters left to go to. What excitement have I been missing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bucs63 said:

The only 2 that draw a lot of traffic I know of still around that are on Buc only sites are PR and the one a lot of PR posters left to go to. What excitement have I been missing?

Sorry I should have been more clear, the message boards I'm thinking of aren't Buc related.  It was more a reference to message boards in general than Buc related boards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×