• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 Gulf Shore Steve

Gulf Shore Steve

MVP

• Members
  • 21,534 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:36 PM

Makes me think how good it might be to be senile. It might take a couple decades or so but by then I can be told the Bucs won the Super Bowl every year. Or hell, every week. And when I start shit and act like an asshole with my son in law or other poor bastards it'll be blamed on that instead of me just being a sociopathic asshole. And fuckem if they don't like that or my repeated requests for the official NFL Depends with the Bucs logo. Printed on the front not the back damnit!

So you know Brent well I see?

#22 Bucaroo Bonzai

Bucaroo Bonzai

Slap Bet Commissioner

• Members
  • 14,111 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:06 PM

Again, these hits are of a different nature....well after the whistle and done out of anger/spite.  

I disagree that the after whistle hits were like this back in the day.  Guys weren't diving on people's necks after the play.  Back in the day, the league had more power and could have banned such players.  Also, because the sport was more violent between the whistles, players wouldn't have tried what Gronk did because they knew that the retaliation would be pretty severe.

My issue isn't that there are hard hits during the game, but rather that players are taking these extremely dangerous cheap shots at defenseless players well after the play has ended.  The end result is that the game is worse to watch and possibly a lot more dangerous.  IMHO if it continues, think we'll see one of the worst neck/head injuries in NFL history, and unlike hits during the play, I could see charges pressed.

Don't get me wrong, I like watching hard hits like anyone else.  The Sapp block was practically a thing of beauty.  However, this stuff is of a different nature.  Instead of not making the play because of a hard hit, they are making the clutch play, and then after the play is over, the person who choked takes a career ending shot at them.

• bucsgrrl likes this

#23 Bucaroo Bonzai

Bucaroo Bonzai

Slap Bet Commissioner

• Members
  • 14,111 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:08 PM

I don't know how, with the assumption teams are trying to get rid of these types of plays, that JJSS wasn't kicked out. I'm not sure the referees have either the wherewithall or expectation from the league to throw guys out of the game. I also thought Mike Evans should have been kicked out as well when he hit the guy that Jameis was diddling with.

Gronk wasn't penalized during the game, and frankly a one game suspension isn't going to stop this type of behavior.

• Gulf Shore Steve likes this

#24 SamuraiBuc

SamuraiBuc

LEGEND KILLER

• Members
  • 4,111 posts
  • LocationHillbillyville, TN

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:58 PM

Gronk is made of glass, so just have a 300lb interior lineman blindside him one time and he will be done for the season. Problem solved.

• Gulf Shore Steve and Tundra like this

BxmEEi6IAAAT21Njpglarge_zps687be366.jpg

#25 Bucaroo Bonzai

Bucaroo Bonzai

Slap Bet Commissioner

• Members
  • 14,111 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:54 PM

Gronk is made of glass, so just have a 300lb interior lineman blindside him one time and he will be done for the season. Problem solved.

Except we now have these extreme contact rules, so these late hits that are way beyond anything we've seen in decades, aren't easily corrected by retaliation during the game.  The very rules attempting to make the game safer are likely going to result in severe injuries because the league doesn't have harsh penalties for such extreme behaviors.

#26 Ramsforever

Ramsforever

MVP

• Members
  • 4,935 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 07 December 2017 - 12:30 AM

Except we now have these extreme contact rules, so these late hits that are way beyond anything we've seen in decades

Are you kidding me?

Decades?

:facepalm

#27 Bucaroo Bonzai

Bucaroo Bonzai

Slap Bet Commissioner

• Members
  • 14,111 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 12:50 AM

In terms of blatant "late hits" well after the play, yes.

#28 Tundra

Tundra

Sucking most cocks since 2008

• Members
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:21 AM

So they've got all these rules essentially castrating the game, and yet the penalty for cheap hits that are nearly career ending for opponents is just short of trivial. Apparently, if you're a Patriot, you can attempt to break someone's neck after the play without worrying about a penalty.
There are a cluster of players crossing the line in a manner we haven't see in decades, and the penalties are minimal fines and 1-2 game suspensions. I think we'll see a lot more of these hits and in short order, someone will either be a paraplegic or dead, especially as the season comes to an end and games become meaningless to some teams. JMHO.
They've substituted the big hit within the rules of the game for the cheap shot well outside the rules.

Thoughtful semi-non-linear subtleties are difficult for us most informeds but not quite the smartest fans on the Internet, Bonz.

Goodell just signed a 5 year extension.

The game will accelerate on its path to Chernobyl

That’s what I’m saying. Of course then Bonz’s point becomes more visible, as “police actions”are taken on by scrubs, like goons in the NHL.
  • Bucaroo Bonzai and Gulf Shore Steve like this

I don't give enough fucks to give a fuck. Yeah that's bullshit. 

#29 Ramsforever

Ramsforever

MVP

• Members
  • 4,935 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:29 AM

In terms of blatant "late hits" well after the play, yes.

Again... watch and learn.

Who gives two fucks if its a few seconds after the whistle.

#30 bucs63

bucs63

HOF

• Members
  • 12,033 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:48 AM

#31 Tundra

Tundra

• Members
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:07 AM

Let’s give Swaggy Baker The Foil.

#32 Gulf Shore Steve

Gulf Shore Steve

MVP

• Members
  • 21,534 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:42 PM

Shazier underwent spinal stabilization surgery today. The lack of info coming out about his situation is probably not a good sign.

#33 jspaldin

jspaldin

MVP

• Members
  • 3,544 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:55 PM

Shazier underwent spinal stabilization surgery today. The lack of info coming out about his situation is probably not a good sign.

They are actually talking never playing football again...if he's lucky, i.e., walking again is coming into question.

This goes to the absolute stupidity of crown of head first contact at speed. It is stupid beyond belief. No amount of reasonable helmet and/or padding is going to prevent possible spine or neck injuries. All forms of sports (rugby, football, martial arts etc) should ban any form of heavy, at speed contact with the crown of head first. In football that would be tackles, running, etc. If you tip the crown of your helmet down to the point it is the lead part of your body while moving at speed, it should be banned and penalized. Nothing good comes of it in any contact sport.

It's a new day Bucs fans......

ee6b8c8bcc016a739cb86af284c0f7bf.gif

#34 Tundra

Tundra

• Members
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 08:14 PM

They are actually talking never playing football again...if he's lucky, i.e., walking again is coming into question.

This goes to the absolute stupidity of crown of head first contact at speed. It is stupid beyond belief. No amount of reasonable helmet and/or padding is going to prevent possible spine or neck injuries. All forms of sports (rugby, football, martial arts etc) should ban any form of heavy, at speed contact with the crown of head first. In football that would be tackles, running, etc. If you tip the crown of your helmet down to the point it is the lead part of your body while moving at speed, it should be banned and penalized. Nothing good comes of it in any contact sport.

Shazier dropped his head, so it wasn't the crown but more like the back side of the top of the head. Tundra Jr pointed this out to me and he was right. You could see how the energy went right down his back and resulted in his grave injury.

• bucsgrrl likes this

#35 Gulf Shore Steve

Gulf Shore Steve

MVP

• Members
  • 21,534 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 09:12 PM

With some it can't be coached out of them. In little league ball probably 12 years ago, there was a kid who joined my son's team who would tackle by essentially snapping his head forward upon contact and whack the ball carrier or blocker with the crown of his helmet. Even in those days we tried as hard as we could to teach proper form in tackling and we tried everything with the kid to break him of the habit. We pulled him out of practice, games, talked to his parents, and nothing worked. He was a pretty good player too so the head coach was never happy he had to take him out. Thankfully the kid stopped playing before getting to HS ball and went on to a fine life of drugs and alcohol like most kids do. He's still alive today according to my son.

#36 Tundra

Tundra

• Members
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 06:02 PM

.....went on to a fine life of drugs and alcohol like most kids do. He's still alive today according to my son.

Proof that to be a success in today's world, being able to handle heavy consumption of drugs and alcohol is a vital life skill. 

• bucs63 likes this

#37 Tundra

Tundra

• Members
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 07:16 PM

Darwinist? Or endowed upon by by the grace of God?

Bucs fan coping mechanism. Critical to avoid eating a shotgun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users