• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Bucaroo Bonzai

Bucaroo Bonzai

Slap Bet Commissioner

• Members
  • 14,111 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:37 AM

So they've got all these rules essentially castrating the game, and yet the penalty for cheap hits that are nearly career ending for opponents is just short of trivial.  Apparently, if you're a Patriot, you can attempt to break someone's neck after the play without worrying about a penalty.

There are a cluster of players crossing the line in a manner we haven't see in decades, and the penalties are minimal fines and 1-2 game suspensions.  I think we'll see a lot more of these hits and in short order, someone will either be a paraplegic or dead, especially as the season comes to an end and games become meaningless to some teams.  JMHO.

They've substituted the big hit within the rules of the game for the cheap shot well outside the rules.

• bucsgrrl likes this

#2 Tundra

Tundra

Sucking most cocks since 2008

• Members
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:23 AM

So they've got all these rules essentially castrating the game, and yet the penalty for cheap hits that are nearly career ending for opponents is just short of trivial.  Apparently, if you're a Patriot, you can attempt to break someone's neck after the play without worrying about a penalty.
There are a cluster of players crossing the line in a manner we haven't see in decades, and the penalties are minimal fines and 1-2 game suspensions.  I think we'll see a lot more of these hits and in short order, someone will either be a paraplegic or dead, especially as the season comes to an end and games become meaningless to some teams.  JMHO.
They've substituted the big hit within the rules of the game for the cheap shot well outside the rules.

Goodell is a corporate stooge with no self awareness as to the shit show he’s created. The hypocrisy reeks like a dead rodent under the refrigerator.

Fuck Goodell, fuck the NFL, fuck the Glazers, fuck Mike Smith, fuck Dork Klutter, fuck Swaggy Baker and especially fuck Charles Sims.

And the rest of them.

I don't give enough fucks to give a fuck. Yeah that's bullshit. 

#3 Ramsforever

Ramsforever

MVP

• Members
  • 4,935 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:32 AM

Its been violent for many years.

Maybe you just are not old enough to remember.

• fanofdabucs likes this

#4 Bucaroo Bonzai

Bucaroo Bonzai

Slap Bet Commissioner

• Members
  • 14,111 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:34 AM

Also, they seem to be making no distinction between a questionable penalty made during a play, and a cheap shot made long after the play when it comes to punishment.

• bucsgrrl likes this

#5 Bucaroo Bonzai

Bucaroo Bonzai

Slap Bet Commissioner

• Members
  • 14,111 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:40 AM

Its been violent for many years.

Maybe you just are not old enough to remember.

Read my post....the violence of the game isn't the issue.  The issue is that we now have violence outside the game....blatant cheap shots taken well after the play with the intent to knock star players out of the game because the penalty is trivial.

My point is that the game is becoming more dangerous than in recent decades because they are taking very dangerous shots after the play is over.  The highlight reel would be of players making the big catch, falling down out of bound, and then having someone jump on their neck because they were upset they didn't make the play.

#6 AndyG

AndyG

Only I didn't say "fudge"

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:37 AM

Dwight Smith put that nasty hit on Amani Toomer in the north endzone on MNF in 2003. That hit deserves a spot on a replay reel. :clap

• fanofdabucs likes this

#7 Sgballer55

Sgballer55

MVP

• Members
  • 2,675 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:47 AM

Lynch made a living delivering ilegal hits.
  • nnud28 likes this

Wg3qRCn.gif?1

#8 Dunn_Deal28

Dunn_Deal28

MVP

• Members
  • 18,486 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:08 PM

Steelers and Bengals are always violent. Haven't seen a game like that in a while, or at least since they last played each other. The teams hate one another.

#9 fanofdabucs

fanofdabucs

MVP

• Members
  • 10,802 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:45 PM

This shit has been going on for decades. During the play and after the play. Fines today and suspensions today are what they should be.

So Gronk gets frustrated and hits a guy after the whistle. Cheap as hell, I agree. But he also gets fined and suspended. What more do you want? Lifetime ban from one late hit? Jail time?

This game has gotten just about as pussy as I can take it.
  • bucs63 likes this

wz7cvctmcna4yqzhlyab.gif

#10 bucs63

bucs63

HOF

• Members
  • 12,033 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:55 PM

You mean it has evolved to the point where it smells like day old tuna?

These athletic TV star divas and the game are not what made the league the greatest American sport just a few generations ago.

#11 fanofdabucs

fanofdabucs

MVP

• Members
  • 10,802 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:59 PM

You mean it has evolved to the point where it smells like day old tuna?

These athletic TV star divas and the game are not what made the league the greatest American sport just a few generations ago.

I wonder if you were to ask Butkus, Lott, Lynch, Youngblood, if the NFL today is more violent than when they played, they might spit out their fake teeth in laughter.

wz7cvctmcna4yqzhlyab.gif

#12 nnud28

nnud28

MVP

• Members
  • 31,728 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 04:00 PM

582337.gif

tumblr_nx2genIuSS1rv6skio1_500.gif

“I don’t know who best fits Tampa Bay right now. It would be a tough decision if they go with a quarterback,” Gruden said. “I like Mike Glennon personally.”

#13 shabazz916

shabazz916

MVP

• Members
  • 4,553 posts
  • LocationPlanet Winner

Posted 06 December 2017 - 04:28 PM

you cannot tell players on defense to play soft, that will give the offense a greater advantage and have defensive players losing their jobs

#14 Gulf Shore Steve

Gulf Shore Steve

MVP

• Members
  • 21,534 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:47 PM

It's typical that this conversation would deteriorate into some form of "it was more violent in my day" which isn't the point.

If the NFL is serious about player safety...or at least as safe as it can be....then they need to deal with some of the shit we've seen over the last month or so in a much more fastidious fashion. As Gruden said on Monday Night "I'd like to know what you need to get kicked out of a game these days" after the hit on Burfict.

• bucsgrrl likes this

#15 UncleBuc

UncleBuc

MVP

• Members
  • 12,747 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:47 PM

I'm with Brent....

@brentmusburger

https://twitter.com/...259482253058048

350x-2512.jpg?w=250

#16 bucs63

bucs63

HOF

• Members
  • 12,033 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:48 PM

It's typical that this conversation would deteriorate into some form of "it was more violent in my day" which isn't the point.

If the NFL is serious about player safety...or at least as safe as it can be....then they need to deal with some of the shit we've seen over the last month or so in a much more fastidious fashion. As Gruden said on Monday Night "I'd like to know what you need to get kicked out of a game these days" after the hit on Burfict.

I believe Ju Ju has suspended for the Burfict hit. More fastidious discipline would have to come from the refs. Aren't rules already in place for disqualification? What else can be done other than time out for a review of each personal foul by some authority to determine if disqualification is appropriate? 

And then they still need serious suspensions and fines.

#17 Gulf Shore Steve

Gulf Shore Steve

MVP

• Members
  • 21,534 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:02 PM

Goodell is a corporate stooge with no self awareness as to the shit show he’s created. The hypocrisy reeks like a dead rodent under the refrigerator.

Fuck Goodell, fuck the NFL, fuck the Glazers, fuck Mike Smith, fuck Dork Klutter, fuck Swaggy Baker and especially fuck Charles Sims.

And the rest of them.

Goodell just signed a 5 year extension.

#18 Gulf Shore Steve

Gulf Shore Steve

MVP

• Members
  • 21,534 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:05 PM

I believe Ju Ju has suspended for the Burfict hit. More fastidious discipline would have to come from the refs. Aren't rules already in place for disqualification? What else can be done other than time out for a review of each personal foul by some authority to determine if disqualification is appropriate? 

And then they still need serious suspensions and fines.

I don't know how, with the assumption teams are trying to get rid of these types of plays, that JJSS wasn't kicked out. I'm not sure the referees have either the wherewithall or expectation from the league to throw guys out of the game. I also thought Mike Evans should have been kicked out as well when he hit the guy that Jameis was diddling with.

#19 Gulf Shore Steve

Gulf Shore Steve

MVP

• Members
  • 21,534 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:11 PM

The senile checking in.

#20 bucs63

bucs63

HOF

• Members
  • 12,033 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:24 PM

The senile checking in.

Makes me think how good it might be to be senile. It might take a couple decades or so but by then I can be told the Bucs won the Super Bowl every year. Or hell, every week. And when I start shit and act like an asshole with my son in law or other poor bastards it'll be blamed on that instead of me just being a sociopathic asshole. And fuckem if they don't like that or my repeated requests for the official NFL Depends with the Bucs logo. Printed on the front not the back damnit!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users