Sign in to follow this  
Boatrunner

Greg Schiano's reputation

Schiano​ is getting a bad rap this is all being second hand word being passed around. 

I mean, it's kind of second hand... but it seems more substantial than that.  Schiano denies it, but why make this up...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/07/12/greg-schiano-tom-bradley-knew-of-jerry-sandusky-abuse-at-penn-state-documents-show/?utm_term=.d276d303eeee

According to McQueary, Bradley identified Schiano, now the Ohio State defensive coordinator, as the other assistant. In response to a question about whether Bradley had shared details of what Schiano had said, McQueary related a conversation with Bradley.

“No,” McQueary replied, according to the documents, “only that he had — I can’t remember if it was one night or one morning — but that Greg had come into his office white as a ghost and said he just saw Jerry doing something to a boy in the shower. And that’s it. That’s all he ever told me.”

Schiano's been vetted by multiple colleges and pro teams. The PSU allegations at this point are hearsay from one person who was trying to paint himself in a positive light. I'm not a Schiano fan but some of the shit I've read over the last 24 hours about him are pathetic.

Schiano's been vetted by multiple colleges and pro teams. The PSU allegations at this point are hearsay from one person who was trying to paint himself in a positive light. I'm not a Schiano fan but some of the shit I've read over the last 24 hours about him are pathetic.

Agreed...He is doing a good job at OSU 

I never thought Schiano was all that bad in Tampa.  He got screwed pretty badly by our GM with horrible moves on defense and offense, and still produced a few wins that season.  Seems to be a good college coach.

I agree with the consensus.  There's no actual evidence that he saw anything at Penn State.

MY TAKE ON THE SITUATION (NOT SCHIANO, THE MAN OR COACH)

He should sue this fuckery of a university.

He wasn't my choice at all. He apparently interviewed really well with the Haslams and they "allegedly" made a deal with Currie (The AD) to let them have influence in the next coach at UT. That being said, these delusional fans are just pissed off because Jon Gruden jaded them again. Mullen was the next guy they wanted, but because Gruden toyed with them (allegedly), it gave Florida time to make what I consider the best hiring out of all the vacancies by grabbing Mullen. Schiano was apparently the 3rd choice, but not one time did the university think the Penn State crap would even become a murmur if they hired him.

Fast forward to Sunday, the social media cowboys and a few uneducated door-humpers show up downtown to "show the university who's who and who makes the decisions".

I am a Tennessee alum. Fuck this school's fanbase. It is the worst. For some reason, they think winning a National Championship in 1998 equates to being relevant in 2017. I wasn't a Butch Jones fan at all. He was the wrong guy for the job, but they had to settle on him because Charlie Strong fucked them over. He had a verbal agreement to be their next head coach, hopped on a plane back to Louisville (where he was coaching at the time), and changed his mind. That put the university in a scramble and they settled with Jones. The same thing is going to happen this time. They continue to believed Gruden would want to coach at this level for some stupid reason, put all their eggs into that basket and when he toyed with them, they felt like they had a good backup in Dan Mullen......not thinking about the obvious landing place for him to be was in Gainesville. This university and it's toilet fanbase are getting everything they deserve and yesterday's antics are not represented by this VFL.

ABOUT THE PENN STATE ACCUSATIONS

Look, where there is smoke, there is usually fire. However, during the case against Penn State and Jerry Sanduskey, prosecutors chose not to depose Greg Schiano. Why? Because whether he knew something or whether he didn't, it didn't equate to anything relevant to the case. That is why he wasn't deposed. So all this third-hand hearsay is just bullshit in my book.

I'm not a Schiano fan. I didn't want him here at UT, but I damn sure don't think he had any involvement with that sadistic, sodomizing fuck rag Jerry Sanduskey. Furthermore, I think Schiano is the kind of guy that would have put Sanduskey through a brick wall had he walked up on this activity, as is alleged. The UT fanbase should be ashamed of themselves (not proud) for raking this man through the muck when my best assumption is he really had no knowledge of this at all. Maybe suspicions, but definitely no concrete knowledge. Hell, they were stomping around on campus like he committed the fucking crime. Half of these inbred snotsuckers haven't even looked at what went down at Penn State. They used their best "Donald Trump Christian" finger-wagging and made enough noise to scare the AD - who ought to be fired right now for allowing this situation to even occur.

Florida got it right by hiring Mullen.

Tennessee is nothing more than a shitstain on the underpants of the NCAA and largely due to their fanbase.

I have never been more disgusted with this university than I am right now.

WHERE DO THEY GO NOW?

Who the fuck knows. They have alienated themselves from any legit coach that could entertain coming here. I wouldn't if I were say a Dan Mullen. Rumors here are flying around now that they want to talk to David Cutcliffe, Tee Martin, and John Chavis about coming back to head the university. If I were any of them, I would pass. We will see.........my gut tells me they are either going to have to stick with Brady Fucking Hoke or promote someone like Robert Gillespie to right the ship for a long while.

He wasn't my choice at all. He apparently interviewed really well with the Haslams and they "allegedly" made a deal with Currie (The AD) to let them have influence in the next coach at UT. That being said, these delusional fans are just pissed off because Jon Gruden jaded them again. Mullen was the next guy they wanted, but because Gruden toyed with them (allegedly), it gave Florida time to make what I consider the best hiring out of all the vacancies by grabbing Mullen. Schiano was apparently the 3rd choice, but not one time did the university think the Penn State crap would even become a murmur if they hired him.

Fast forward to Sunday, the social media cowboys and a few uneducated door-humpers show up downtown to "show the university who's who and who makes the decisions".

I am a Tennessee alum. Fuck this school's fanbase. It is the worst. For some reason, they think winning a National Championship in 1998 equates to being relevant in 2017. I wasn't a Butch Jones fan at all. He was the wrong guy for the job, but they had to settle on him because Charlie Strong fucked them over. He had a verbal agreement to be their next head coach, hopped on a plane back to Louisville (where he was coaching at the time), and changed his mind. That put the university in a scramble and they settled with Jones. The same thing is going to happen this time. They continue to believed Gruden would want to coach at this level for some stupid reason, put all their eggs into that basket and when he toyed with them, they felt like they had a good backup in Dan Mullen......not thinking about the obvious landing place for him to be was in Gainesville. This university and it's toilet fanbase are getting everything they deserve and yesterday's antics are not represented by this VFL.

Look, where there is smoke, there is usually fire. However, during the case against Penn State and Jerry Sanduskey, prosecutors chose not to depose Greg Schiano. Why? Because whether he knew something or whether he didn't, it didn't equate to anything relevant to the case. That is why he wasn't deposed. So all this third-hand hearsay is just bullshit in my book.

I'm not a Schiano fan. I didn't want him here at UT, but I damn sure don't think he had any involvement with that sadistic, sodomizing fuck rag Jerry Sanduskey. Furthermore, I think Schiano is the kind of guy that would have put Sanduskey through a brick wall had he walked up on this activity, as is alleged. The UT fanbase should be ashamed of themselves (not proud) for raking this man through the muck when my best assumption is he really had no knowledge of this at all. Maybe suspicions, but definitely no concrete knowledge. Hell, they were stomping around on campus like he committed the fucking crime. Half of these inbred snotsuckers haven't even looked at what went down at Penn State. They used their best "Donald Trump Christian" finger-wagging and made enough noise to scare the AD - who ought to be fired right now for allowing this situation to even occur.

Tennessee is nothing more than a shitstain on the underpants of the NCAA and largely due to their fanbase.

WHERE DO THEY GO NOW?

Who the fuck knows. They have alienated themselves from any legit coach that could entertain coming here. I wouldn't if I were say a Dan Mullen. Rumors here are flying around now that they want to talk to David Cutcliffe, Tee Martin, and John Chavis about coming back to head the university. If I were any of them, I would pass. We will see.........my gut tells me they are either going to have to stick with Brady Fucking Hoke or promote someone like Robert Gillespie to right the ship for a long while.

Well written, Samurai, and I feel for you, and agree with everything you said.  The Tennessee AD is the biggest limp wristed poofter-admiring fadget in college football after all of that.  How he still has a job is likely due to the fact that they need to hire someone...........anyone.........to be their next head coach. Once he fucks that up he'll be applying for jobs at (name your community college) to oversee the secretarial pool. What a shambles. 

WHERE DO THEY GO NOW?

Outstanding.

Well-said, Samurai, very nice.  Your best term was "Social Media Cowboys".  People on Social Media LOVE to jump on any rumor and innuendo, light their hair on fire, and run screaming and kicking to pile on.  Why?  Because it makes them feel better about their own miserable lives.  "Ooh, someone's third cousin's UPS driver's neighbor's cat groomer said Schiano was involved?  I'm going to state this as fact and get this hiring reversed if I yell loud enough".  This is completely irresponsible by those who accused, and by the state for acting on it.  

People need to be more careful about what they write on social media.

The thing that just chaps my ass is I am invested in this university. Not only did I pour thousands of dollars into it by attending, but also the money I have pissed away to support this university in terms of tickets, merchandise, goodwill, etc.......only to have 100 current students (who are probably getting their education paid for by folks like me) and a couple of limp-wristed representatives hijack the hiring process and watch the media climb on like those people represent all VFL's. They absolutely do not speak for me. Cocksuckers.

I swear to God I am more pissed off about now than I was Sunday. The only humor I find in the whole thing is Lane Kiffin is trolling the shit out of UT fans and it is funny as hell.

Fucking inbred, crossbreeding door humpers!

:anger:

The thing that just chaps my ass is I am invested in this university. Not only did I pour thousands of dollars into it by attending, but also the money I have pissed away to support this university in terms of tickets, merchandise, goodwill, etc.......only to have 100 current students (who are probably getting their education paid for by folks like me) and a couple of limp-wristed representatives hijack the hiring process and watch the media climb on like those people represent all VFL's. They absolutely do not speak for me. Cocksuckers.

I swear to God I am more pissed off about now than I was Sunday. The only humor I find in the whole thing is Lane Kiffin is trolling the shit out of UT fans and it is funny as hell.

Fucking inbred, crossbreeding dog humpers!

:anger:

Fixed

Enjoy it now, bud. Scott Frost is on his way home and he's coming for the Bucks. 

Yeah, I have remember hearing how NEBRASKA was going to dominate the BIG10 when they joined.I will just file that under Penn State dominating the BIG10 when they joined. God luck "lil" Red you're gonna need it!!! 

Nulilred.jpg