Sign in to follow this  
Tundra

Houston Astros

I'm not much of a baseball fan, but I sure did enjoy watching the Astros take down the New York Stankees in game 7 tonight. 

Particularly sweet since two scrubs shut the Stankees out on three hits, and the nauseating Joe Buck could barely say something without drooling Stankee spooge all over himself. If he were any more in love with the Stankees he would have been jerking off on camera with a photo of Billy Martin . 

This is a fun team and the addition of Verlander was pivotal. He is still The Boss. 

The only thing that would have been interesting is the Dodgers are the first team since 1976 (Reds?) to make the World Series with a higher payroll than the Yankees.

BTW, the Dodgers been higher than the Yankees since 2014 but this is the first time they made the Series with the highest payroll.

Game ended at 12:35AM this morning, but it was one of those instant classic games that will be talked about for years. Back and forth in the late innings, Astros down 3-1 in the 8th, get a double by Bregman, Dodgers bring in their closer Kenley Jansen to try for a 6 out save. Gave up one run in the 8th, a HR in the 9th to tie it, then it was a battle of the bullpens. Astros score 2 in the top of the 10th, Dodgers 2 in the bottom. Two more for Houston in the top of the 11th, then a 2 out HR in the bottom to pull LA back within one, before a K of Puig ends it. Dodgers used all their position players and all their bullpen pitchers, and would have had to use Game 4 starter Alex Wood if they had tied it and sent it to the 12th.  Now Houston can win it at home if they sweep their 3 home games. Good stuff...

Game ended at 12:35AM this morning, but it was one of those instant classic games that will be talked about for years. Back and forth in the late innings, Astros down 3-1 in the 8th, get a double by Bregman, Dodgers bring in their closer Kenley Jansen to try for a 6 out save. Gave up one run in the 8th, a HR in the 9th to tie it, then it was a battle of the bullpens. Astros score 2 in the top of the 10th, Dodgers 2 in the bottom. Two more for Houston in the top of the 11th, then a 2 out HR in the bottom to pull LA back within one, before a K of Puig ends it. Dodgers used all their position players and all their bullpen pitchers, and would have had to use Game 4 starter Alex Wood if they had tied it and sent it to the 12th.  Now Houston can win it at home if they sweep their 3 home games. Good stuff...

I couldn't believe it. And being accustomed to collapses by the teams I cheer for (Buccaneers) I was expecting the Astros to come back to Houston down 2-0, but hopeful for another game in LA after at least 2 wins at home. 

They are so far undefeated at home in the post season. I went to game 6 of the ALCS and it was deafening in Minute Maid. Never seen anything like it at a baseball game. 

It's a really fun team, great blend of defense, hitting and pitching, with unexpected and special kudos to the bullpen for outplaying the Dodgers' vaunted bullpen. 

Altuve = MVP !

I'm paying for staying up and watching the whole thing today  :wacko:

Me too, I couldn't fall asleep till at least 1:30 and was up by 6:45 :facepalm  Too old for this stuff anymore lol

If only the Bucs could one day give us these kinds of excuses to be late.......