• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 rook

rook

MVP

• Members
  • 16,494 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 04:16 PM

The Saints  according to Greg Auman paid Peterson $35,000 a yard before getting rid of him.

#2 nnud28

nnud28

MVP

• Members
  • 31,727 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 04:30 PM

Just in time for Sunday...Just saw Rooks post please delete  

• Dunn_Deal28 likes this

“I don’t know who best fits Tampa Bay right now. It would be a tough decision if they go with a quarterback,” Gruden said. “I like Mike Glennon personally.”

#3 Cantankeris

Cantankeris

Behind getting ahead.

• Administrators
  • 14,912 posts
  • LocationThe Belly of the Beast

Posted 10 October 2017 - 04:42 PM

I'm surprised trading him took this long.

#4 Dunn_Deal28

Dunn_Deal28

MVP

• Members
  • 18,486 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 04:56 PM

He'll go for 150 and 3 TD's on Sunday. 

• nnud28 and bucsgrrl like this

#5 nnud28

nnud28

MVP

• Members
  • 31,727 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 05:06 PM

He'll go for 150 and 3 TD's on Sunday. 

No doubt!

• Dunn_Deal28 likes this

“I don’t know who best fits Tampa Bay right now. It would be a tough decision if they go with a quarterback,” Gruden said. “I like Mike Glennon personally.”

#6 Tundra

Tundra

Sucking most cocks since 2008

• Members
  • 21,439 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 05:31 PM

It will be the last time in Peterson's career he goes over 200 yards rushing. 

• Dunn_Deal28 likes this

I don't give enough fucks to give a fuck. Yeah that's bullshit. 

#7 Dunn_Deal28

Dunn_Deal28

MVP

• Members
  • 18,486 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:20 PM

It will be the last time in Peterson's career he goes over 200 yards rushing. 

Could still win the game if Winston didn't play like shit.

#8 JOEinPHX

JOEinPHX

Pro Bowl Player

• Members
  • 415 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:35 PM

Are you guys serious, or just dickin' with me.  Peterson is officially toast and the Cards line blows chunks.  He won't do jack on Sunday.

But I will second that 'Winston can't play like shit' notion.  He's piled up some of the emptiest stats I've ever seen.

• Gulf Shore Steve, Boatrunner and fanofdabucs like this

#9 bucs63

bucs63

HOF

• Members
  • 12,027 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:13 PM

Winston is irrelevant.

Could still win it if Murray doesn't take a shit. It's called foot ball. 

#10 Tundra

Tundra

• Members
  • 21,439 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:06 AM

Cut Winston NOW!  Trade a number 1 to the Bears for Glennon. 

#11 fanofdabucs

fanofdabucs

MVP

• Members
  • 10,800 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:20 PM

So witty and smart..hey look at me everyone, over here look.

If Winston plays a bad game, it'll be because he needs more weapons, the defense sucks, the kicker, the online, no running game, the coach...ANYTHING but Jesu..Jaboo.

wz7cvctmcna4yqzhlyab.gif

#12 Dunn_Deal28

Dunn_Deal28

MVP

• Members
  • 18,486 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:29 PM

Cut Winston NOW!  Trade a number 1 to the Bears for Glennon. 

Doubt the Bears would consider that. Everyone knows that Winston's shittier than Trubisky, and no one holds a clipboard like Glennon.

• Tundra likes this

#13 MadMac

MadMac

Screw it - let's ride!

• Moderators
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:40 PM

Cut Winston NOW! Trade a number 1 to the Bears for Glennon.

It will take a lot more than a single #1 to pry the Clipboard Hall of Famer away from the Bears....it may require another Herschel Walker-like deal.
  • Tundra likes this
"I don't know whether to shit or shine my shoes."

#14 fanofdabucs

fanofdabucs

MVP

• Members
  • 10,800 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:49 PM

But I will second that 'Winston can't play like shit' notion.  He's piled up some of the emptiest stats I've ever seen.

He was "money" in that 4th quarter against that great defense! As soon as he gets some more weapons around him, he will be money from the entire game. Can't wait!

Might be Sunday. Did you see what the 2nd year QB Wentz did to that Cardinal defense?  Wentz completed 70% of his passes for over 300 yards and 4 TDs.

Should be easy pickins for Winston Sunday. Unless the oline "fucking sucks", the head coach calls bad plays, there is no running game, or McCoy plays like shit.

wz7cvctmcna4yqzhlyab.gif

#15 Tundra

Tundra

• Members
  • 21,439 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:49 PM

He was "money" in that 4th quarter against that great defense! As soon as he gets some more weapons around him, he will be money from the entire game. Can't wait!

Might be Sunday. Did you see what the 2nd year QB Wentz did to that Cardinal defense?  Wentz completed 70% of his passes for over 300 yards and 4 TDs.

Should be easy pickins for Winston Sunday. Unless the oline "fucking sucks", the head coach calls bad plays, there is no running game, or McCoy plays like shit.

Lots of variables in a game, my friend. Winston has yet to play his best game. He’s also progressed quite far along from his worst. We all want him to be more consistent, but I’m willing to bet on his upside and endure some more growing pains, which there will be. And I will take him at the helm over any of the Bucs young QBs in their history, easy, hands down. Also I’d rather have Jameis than Mariota, Goff Or Wentz.

#16 Justafan

Justafan

Reborn Grudenista

• Members
  • 2,288 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:58 PM

1) I think Winston is not playing to his potential.

2) I think the defense could really use getting starters back

3) I think the playcalling has been weak at best

4) After Raheehaw, Big Head Schiano and Lovie the Emotionless, Koetter feels a lot more like a winning coach.  Doesn't mean he is, it's just after that parade of awful we were desperate for someone that appeared to have a clue.  If the offense keeps under performing this season, is it better to go QB fishing or offensive coach fishing?  I think it's easier to retrain someone as young as Winston with his potential than it is to find a new franchise QB.  

All that said, I'm well aware that dumping your coach every couple years is generally not going to take a franchise in the right direction.  But while we smirk at the idea that the talent laden offense doesn't have enough weapons for Jaboo, why is it that every offense that faced the Patriots defense this year was getting 300 yards in the air and multiple touchdowns, but somehow Koetter's playbook could barely do anything against it?

It's early in the season yet.  Right now we can claim it was the primetime hype that screwed up Jameis, the offense just had a bad game after a short week.  As the season progresses, if we continue to see weak offensive production, it's going to be hard to see how Koetter gets it fixed.

• fanofdabucs likes this

#17 Gulf Shore Steve

Gulf Shore Steve

MVP

• Members
  • 21,529 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:36 PM

But while we smirk at the idea that the talent laden offense doesn't have enough weapons for Jaboo, why is it that every offense that faced the Patriots defense this year was getting 300 yards in the air and multiple touchdowns, but somehow Koetter's playbook could barely do anything against it?

The Bucs had more than 300 yards in the air and multiple touchdowns.

It's not the playcalling. The All-22 shows receivers running wide open and the QB choosing to throw the ball to other receivers who are more adequately covered.

• bucsgrrl likes this

#18 Boatrunner

Boatrunner

vehemens laevus

• Members
  • 10,692 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:39 PM

The once great AP is merely a shell of his hall of fame career. I watched him last year before he was injured and he already looked slow and old- A year later in NOLA he doesnt look any better.    APs best days are behind him and this will be the last time the Bucs face him     10 caries for 31 yards

Bucs win 27-17

• Gulf Shore Steve likes this

for-fuck-sake-not-this-shit-again.jpg

#19 bucs63

bucs63

HOF

• Members
  • 12,027 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 04:00 PM

It's not the playcalling. The All-22 shows receivers running wide open and the QB choosing to throw the ball to other receivers who are more adequately covered.

So you are saying he doesn't have enough weapons since they were covered?

#20 bucsgrrl

bucsgrrl

MVP

• Members
  • 2,871 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 04:11 PM

I was at the game Thursday, and agree. Jameis was missing open receivers right and left. I do think he's the best chance for a franchise qb that the Bucs have had in forever. He's still young, has football smarts, and seems very enthusiastic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users