• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BucNBucOut

BucNBucOut

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 01:01 PM

There's a factoid concerning the Bucs that I don't know if it is still the case after Thursday night or not...but I hope someone on cutter's staph is reading some deadspin. Here's the first few paragraphs with the Buc fact....

https://deadspin.com...zone-1819171927

We have a lot of games to get to this week but before we begin I have a very simple and logical request of all NFL kickoff returners: Please stop taking the ball out of the fucking end zone.

Stop that right now. I know you think the protection looks dandy and that you can use your otherworldly speed to scamper to midfield and beyond, but you are wrong. You are going to get destroyed at the 15 and I will hate you forever for your hubris. And if you take it out from deep in the end zone, you should be strangled.

Once the NFL moved the kickoff touchback to the 25-yard line, it effectively negated any strategic advantage from attempting a return. The only reason they kept the kickoff at all is for ceremonial purposes, and so that we can still have cool onside kicks at the end of games. This year, the leaguewide average for kickoff returns is 22.5 yards. Only nine teams average better than 25 yards per kickoff return, and they don’t clear it by much (and remember, they include end-zone yardage in those stats). The average starting field position for kicks taken out of the end zone? Why, that would be the 22.9 yard line. The Bucs, bless their stupid little hearts, start from the 12.5 on such returns.

#2 Pirate

Pirate

Purveyor of Tease

• Members
  • 6,278 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 02:32 PM

Great post.  I don't understand why more teams don't have their kickers try to kick to the goalline or just beyond it instead of blasting it out of the endzone.  

giphy.gif

#3 The Rich McKay Conspiracy

The Rich McKay Conspiracy

The Voice of Reason

• Members
  • 10,012 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 02:43 PM

There's a factoid concerning the Bucs that I don't know if it is still the case after Thursday night or not...but I hope someone on cutter's staph is reading some deadspin. Here's the first few paragraphs with the Buc fact....

https://deadspin.com...zone-1819171927

We have a lot of games to get to this week but before we begin I have a very simple and logical request of all NFL kickoff returners: Please stop taking the ball out of the fucking end zone.

Stop that right now. I know you think the protection looks dandy and that you can use your otherworldly speed to scamper to midfield and beyond, but you are wrong. You are going to get destroyed at the 15 and I will hate you forever for your hubris. And if you take it out from deep in the end zone, you should be strangled.

Once the NFL moved the kickoff touchback to the 25-yard line, it effectively negated any strategic advantage from attempting a return. The only reason they kept the kickoff at all is for ceremonial purposes, and so that we can still have cool onside kicks at the end of games. This year, the leaguewide average for kickoff returns is 22.5 yards. Only nine teams average better than 25 yards per kickoff return, and they don’t clear it by much (and remember, they include end-zone yardage in those stats). The average starting field position for kicks taken out of the end zone? Why, that would be the 22.9 yard line. The Bucs, bless their stupid little hearts, start from the 12.5 on such returns.

What really negated the kick off wasn't moving the touch back up to the 25, it was moving the kick closer to the opposing end zone. 

Now instead of dropping the ball at the 1 or a yard into the end zone, they drop it 5 yards deep into the end zone and by the time a guy can have it in the actual field of play the other team is already breathing down his neck.

lfvYgxR.jpg

#4 Cantankeris

Cantankeris

Behind getting ahead.

• Administrators
  • 14,878 posts
  • LocationThe Belly of the Beast

Posted 09 October 2017 - 04:11 PM

Tomato. Tomato.

#5 Tundra

Tundra

Bucfuckened turds

• Members
  • 21,047 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 04:45 PM

Tomato. Tomato.

Potato. Potato .
71d46fe1f8cfdd4ee8346d5a25af8368.gif

Dice my dick and mail it to Mike Smith. Maybe he can make a more attractive head out of it for himself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users