Photo
- - - - -

When you think your announcing team sucks...

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Ramsforever

Ramsforever

MVP

• Members
  • 4,745 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 12 September 2017 - 02:30 AM

It could be this,

beth-mowins-rex-ryan-1.jpg

• nnud28 likes this

#2 Gulf Shore Steve

Gulf Shore Steve

MVP

• Members
  • 21,201 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 02:51 AM

Beth Mowins is fine. She does college games all the time with no issues. Rex needs to talk a bit more.

#HatetheHateonHump

#3 Ramsforever

Ramsforever

MVP

• Members
  • 4,745 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 12 September 2017 - 03:34 AM

Who has bigger breasts?

• BucForce likes this

#4 Dunn_Deal28

Dunn_Deal28

MVP

• Members
  • 18,102 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:39 AM

I'm not sure what was going on with Rex. Did they turn his microphone off? Couldn't hear him at all.

#5 Tundra

Tundra

Bucfuckened turds

• Members
  • 20,747 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:38 PM

Beth Mowins is fine. She does college games all the time with no issues. Rex needs to talk a bit more.

What she says is fine, but her voice reminded me of a cat getting fucked by a great dane. Couldn't stand her. And Rex will be ok eventually, it was his first time. The chemistry between the two was lacking, she probably didnt't let him lick her feet.    :VomitSmiley:

• bucs63 and Dunn_Deal28 like this

71d46fe1f8cfdd4ee8346d5a25af8368.gif

#6 Axe

Axe

TBA

• Members
  • 11,183 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 03:10 PM

I had to turn it off.. By far the worst broadcast tandem I've ever been subjected to. :( Send Mowins back to doing irrelevant college games and either liven Rex up or boot him..

Erika Nicole 1/09/88-7/05/08

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." -- Henry Ford

Our works in progress http://www.arielsatticmusic.com/

#7 Gulf Shore Steve

Gulf Shore Steve

MVP

• Members
  • 21,201 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:48 PM

Mowins is teamed with Anthony Becht for college games. As I said, she's fine there.

Rex is getting lit up as a colossal failure from what I've seen. 

#HatetheHateonHump

#8 Regulator16

Regulator16

MVP

• Members
  • 3,490 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:49 PM

FOR REAL THOUGH!

HOLY SHIT that was tough to listen to!

My power came back on at 11:30pm and I turned to the game on in the 3rd quarter to listen to that garbage! Shit was Gawd Awful!

Why the fuck did it sound like he was 10ft away from the headset too?
ktTXPST.gif 74157 1492637183753 Gildan Men Black  W92  front

#9 Tundra

Tundra

Bucfuckened turds

• Members
  • 20,747 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:03 AM

Training for Rexy will be mandatory if he wants to keep doing it.

#10 Cantankeris

Cantankeris

Behind getting ahead.

• Administrators
  • 14,798 posts
  • LocationThe Belly of the Beast

Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:56 AM

He sounded like somebody's grandad watching a game and muttering indecipherably about the old days.
  • Gulf Shore Steve and Tundra like this

#11 Gulf Shore Steve

Gulf Shore Steve

MVP

• Members
  • 21,201 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:12 AM

He sounded like somebody's grandad watching a game and muttering indecipherably about the old days.

You mean like on Christmas day when my father in law watches his one NBA game all year. "I remember Jack Twymann used to...."

• Cantankeris likes this

#HatetheHateonHump

#12 Dunn_Deal28

Dunn_Deal28

MVP

• Members
  • 18,102 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:21 AM

You mean like on Christmas day when my father in law watches his one NBA game all year. "I remember Jack Twymann used to...."

Who?

#13 Gulf Shore Steve

Gulf Shore Steve

MVP

• Members
  • 21,201 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 06:24 PM

Who?

That conversation actually did occur with my father in law, my nephew's wife's father (who's about 75), my 20 year old at the time son and nephew who's in his early 30's a couple of years ago. The two old guys then went on for about an hour complaining how basketball used to be much better back then. Cleared the room in a hurry. 

#HatetheHateonHump

#14 Boatrunner

Boatrunner

vehemens laevus

• Members
  • 10,626 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:31 PM

http://nypost.com/20...night-football/

Poor Dilfer

635504377714526164.jpg

#15 nnud28

nnud28

MVP

• Members
  • 31,433 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:53 PM

He was heads and shoulders above the crew Monday night!!! ESPN FUCKING SUCKS 

“I don’t know who best fits Tampa Bay right now. It would be a tough decision if they go with a quarterback,” Gruden said. “I like Mike Glennon personally.”

#16 BucNBucOut

BucNBucOut

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:59 AM

It doesn't matter how many times someone says it she will never be just fine doing football games. It's an awful experience and it isn't because she's a she...it's because she's awful.

#17 Gulf Shore Steve

Gulf Shore Steve

MVP

• Members
  • 21,201 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:07 AM

She was just fine.

#HatetheHateonHump

#18 Cantankeris

Cantankeris

Behind getting ahead.

• Administrators
  • 14,798 posts
  • LocationThe Belly of the Beast

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:45 AM

I didn't like the tandem but I disliked Rex much more than what's her name. She did fine. No Doris Burke but every bit as passable as most other Jodons doing play by play. Rex, on the other hand... He was fuckin atrocious. He's just kind of got a clunky demeanor. Gruden is good at it because he's effusive. Madden was good at it because he was effusive. Dicky V, effusive. Billy Packer, effusive. The only other thing you can be in this color commentary game is knowledgeable. But then you walk that fine line between Troy Aikman and Brian Billick. Len Elmore was one of the most knowledgeable and genuine color men ever and he just got run out at BSPN. John Lynch well on his way before he thought it'd be a good idea to be a GM. Clearly no longer on the "knowledgeable" list. Rex came off as just some old dude watching a game. Maybe his name kept him employed, maybe it was his boisterous persona. Neither of those is going to keep him on screen though barring rapid improvement. While we're at it... You know who has surprised me in the knowledge and respect for the game category? Randy Moss. Dude could hardly speak when he first went on, but he knows the game well. Not Kurt Warner well, but purtty good.
  • Tundra likes this

#19 Tundra

Tundra

Bucfuckened turds

• Members
  • 20,747 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:49 PM

I didn't like the tandem but I disliked Rex much more than what's her name. She did fine. No Doris Burke but every bit as passable as most other Jodons doing play by play.

Rex, on the other hand...

He was fuckin atrocious. He's just kind of got a clunky demeanor. Gruden is good at it because he's effusive. Madden was good at it because he was effusive. Dicky V, effusive. Billy Packer, effusive.

The only other thing you can be in this color commentary game is knowledgeable. But then you walk that fine line between Troy Aikman and Brian Billick. Len Elmore was one of the most knowledgeable and genuine color men ever and he just got run out at BSPN. John Lynch well on his way before he thought it'd be a good idea to be a GM. Clearly no longer on the "knowledgeable" list.

Rex came off as just some old dude watching a game. Maybe his name kept him employed, maybe it was his boisterous persona. Neither of those is going to keep him on screen though barring rapid improvement.

While we're at it... You know who has surprised me in the knowledge and respect for the game category? Randy Moss. Dude could hardly speak when he first went on, but he knows the game well. Not Kurt Warner well, but purtty good.

I enjoy Randy Moss, especially after learning about his life in West Virginia.

#20 Gulf Shore Steve

Gulf Shore Steve

MVP

• Members
  • 21,201 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:01 PM

I didn't like the tandem but I disliked Rex much more than what's her name. She did fine. No Doris Burke but every bit as passable as most other Jodons doing play by play. Rex, on the other hand... He was fuckin atrocious. He's just kind of got a clunky demeanor. Gruden is good at it because he's effusive. Madden was good at it because he was effusive. Dicky V, effusive. Billy Packer, effusive. The only other thing you can be in this color commentary game is knowledgeable. But then you walk that fine line between Troy Aikman and Brian Billick. Len Elmore was one of the most knowledgeable and genuine color men ever and he just got run out at BSPN. John Lynch well on his way before he thought it'd be a good idea to be a GM. Clearly no longer on the "knowledgeable" list. Rex came off as just some old dude watching a game. Maybe his name kept him employed, maybe it was his boisterous persona. Neither of those is going to keep him on screen though barring rapid improvement. While we're at it... You know who has surprised me in the knowledge and respect for the game category? Randy Moss. Dude could hardly speak when he first went on, but he knows the game well. Not Kurt Warner well, but purtty good.

Moss is pretty good. Ryan was just nothing. He didn't talk. You couldn't hear him when he talked. What you could here wasn't anything much. Complete flop. He apparently was brought in more to be part of whatever the name of ESPN's Sunday show is these days. Maybe he'll be better in studio where they stick to a script. He likely was hired because he's always had the quick quip at the mic in a press conference.

• Cantankeris likes this

#HatetheHateonHump

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users