Sign in to follow this  
Regulator16

Monument removal...

In the 90's, I had a very visible and notable client in Charlottesville. Company gave away millions in the community. 

The other side of it was it was a German company and most of the senior execs were born in Germany in the 1920's and 30's, meaning at one time, most were Hitler Youth. 

The guy who ran US operations was a member at a club of some sort which was based at the former Jefferson Mansion, plantation, whatever. Frankly I don't remember.

The dining room where 16 of us had dinner was staffed exclusively by Blacks, dressed as the lowest of the lowest servants. Black ants, white shirts and blouses buttoned to the top. heads down, no eye contact. No speaking to guests.

Needless to say, our hosts ate it up. I found it a little disturbing, particularly when one guy told a joke about the Governor of Virginia, who was black, a guy named Wilder. There were probably six or eight servants surrounding the table when he hit the punchline.

"If you enter Virginia from the North, the billboard says, "Welcome to Virginia where the weather is milder and the Governor is Wilder"

If you enter Virginia from the South, the billboard says "Welcome to Virginia, where the tomatoes are bigger and the Governor is a (you can figure it out).

Yeah sure, Jefferson owned slaves, defund the Jefferson Memorial because Al Sharpton is offended by it?

The end is near

I see the denizens of this dump are still as deplorable as ever.

:2cents The reason I support the efforts of Tony Dungy and the Rays is because that statue was dedicated to racism, not to history. Here are the words of Herbert S. Phillips, the keynote speaker for the statue's 1911 dedication:

"The South stands ready to welcome all good citizens who seek to make their homes within her borders. But the South detests and despises all, it matters not from whence they came, who, in any manner, encourages social equality with an ignorant and inferior race.”

Props to Dungy for showing who the real ignorant and inferiors are.

Toodles.

Come back when you can't stay so long.

In the meantime:

Basketball superstar Charles Barkley called pushing for the removal of Confederate statues "wasted energy."

"I'm not going to waste my time screaming at a neo-Nazi who's gonna hate me no matter what," the NBA Hall of Famer told WRBC-TV in Birmingham, Alabama.

“I’m 54 years old,” Barkley said. “I’ve never thought about those statues a day in my life. I think if you ask most black people, to be honest, they ain’t thought a day in their life about those stupid statues.”

Barkley has not minced words when pointing out what he sees as his black community's problems, such as last year when he spoke about violence against cops.

“The cops have made some mistakes. Black people have made some mistakes,” Barkley said. “That don’t give us the right to riot and shoot cops. We need the cops, especially in the black community. We as black people, we’ve got to do better.”

The sports legend said the black community must worry about education, economic opportunity, and "stop killing each other."

“You know what I’m gonna do? I’m gonna keep doing great things,” Barkley concluded. “I’m gonna keep trying to make a difference — No. 1, in the black community, ’cause I’m black — but I’m also gonna try to do good things in the world.”

Going after the founders too

The flag to follow? Yes, it has a record of supporting slavery and it should have some notation accompanying it to emphasis that flaw.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/jefferson-memorial-exhibit-update-will-acknowledge-slavery-record/article/2632084

An exhibit alongside the nation's chief memorial to Thomas Jefferson will receive an update that reflects "the complexity" of his status as a founder of the United States and a slaveholder, according to stewards of the National Mall.

The decision reflects an acute awareness of the furor currently surrounding Confederate statues across the country. A non-profit group that provides critical support for the National Mall is bracing for similar protests against the Washington Monument and the Jefferson Memorial, although "there has been much broader support for maintaining them," as one official put it. But the Trust for the National Mall, which depends on private donors to fulfill its mission, is getting out in front of the uproar."In the coming weeks and months, the physical symbols of American history and democracy will be scrutinized and challenged," Catherine Townsend, president of the Trust for the National Mall, wrote in a letter to supporters. "When that happens, we will work with our partners to ensure the National Mall continues to be a vibrant and relevant place where Americans can learn about our history and imagine our future, together."In practice, that means that visitors to "America's Front Yard" will see the Founding Fathers honored, but there will be a new emphasis on their personal records as slave-owners...

People who defend keeping statues of the Traitorous General Lee in public spaces have to explain why we dont have statues of British Army leaders of the American Revolutionary war scattered throughout the 13 original colonies?

Can you explain why we have this in Seattle and nobody on the left is bitching???Guess it just doesn't figure into their made up outrage! You're a lefty, I do not remember you complaining once about these statues that have been around for years. Now all of a sudden, since the imaginary Russia bullshit, has proved to be just that a bunch of bullshit. It became time to stir up some sort of new imaginary bullshit. 

9b1a7619fa9fe9bceeeb1e4ac2a1560a.jpg

Can you explain why we have this in Seattle and nobody on the left is bitching???Guess it just doesn't figure into their made up outrage! You're a lefty, I do not remember you complaining once about these statues that have been around for years. Now all of a sudden, since the imaginary Russia bullshit, has proved to be just that a bunch of bullshit. It became time to stir up some sort of new imaginary bullshit. 

9b1a7619fa9fe9bceeeb1e4ac2a1560a.jpg

Until recently like most, I was unaware that a statue of the murderous Vlad Lenin even existed anywhere in the US.  Given that  it is not on public property, its for sale on some retail space, so they can do whatever they want.   

When exactly did you start caring about the leaders of the losing Confederate Army?    Perhaps you can buy one of the Gen Lee monuments and erect if the front yard for all of your neighbors and friends to enjoy

When exactly did you start caring about the leaders of the losing Confederate Army?   

You are not answering my question. I asked when did this become a big deal to you? I've never heard you say anything about any of this stuff. I don't think you know much about General Lee. You should look him up. I also see you didn't respond to that racist in the wheelchair You down with getting rid of his statues or is he somehow different? 

You are not answering my question. I asked when did this become a big deal to you? I've never heard you say anything about any of this stuff. I don't think you know much about General Lee. You should look him up. I also see you didn't respond to that racist in the wheelchair You down with getting rid of his statues or is he somehow different? 

you also never hear me bitch about the giant 60 foot Rebel flag that is flying near I-4 & I-75, although I think is an GD embarrassment.  Neither you or me are black, so we cant really speak about the feelings those monuments bring out in people.     And Actually I know more than enough about General Lee to know he was a traitor to the United States and on the losing side of history. FDR wasn't a racist anymore than Truman or Eisenhower.

BTW after the war General Lee opposed monuments, specifically "Confederate war monuments,”

Most of those monuments were erected during the 1920s during Jim Crow to remind the black folk where they belong- There is no historical value to that.

It is all part of our history and should be left for so many reasons. How many times have we seen books, statues etc destroyed and say why. Now isis is destroying ancient statues and it's wrong and we call them out on it. Now we are doing the same thing. 

How can we learn or remember the mistakes made before.

All non whites should be sent away. All whites should be subdivided by national origin, faith, and political bent, and then each sub group should be sent away.

Then the country will be great!

It’s all the fault of the Irish black Jewish nativ american lesbian transvestite liberals.

All non whites should be sent away. All whites should be subdivided by national origin, faith, and political bent, and then each sub group should be sent away.

Then the country will be great!

It’s all the fault of the Irish black Jewish nativ american lesbian transvestite liberals.

I think was funnier the way Rocco told it.