• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 SF

SF

Snook is my Bitch

• Members
  • 16,226 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 03:06 PM

Since Suh was picked #2, and McCoy #3, I guess we'll never know if the asking price to move up was too great, and they felt McCoy was nearly comparable or not. Next time I get a drunk text from Mark Dominick, I'll ask him. :)

I don't believe we should have moved up for Suh, just the way the toothpicks fell. McCoy and Suh are probably the top two at the position. McCoy, while he tries to be the "let's go kick some ass" leader, isn't a guy who sets a standard, but rather a more than steady performer. Suh,, not necessarily a leader, is more dynamic and his play brings out "Let's kick ass" in those around him.

s-l300.jpg

#22 shabazz916

shabazz916

MVP

• Members
  • 4,535 posts
  • LocationPlanet Winner

Posted 13 August 2017 - 03:56 PM

Is mccoy too nice yes

When you have a manaiac leader on defense it breeds a great defensive culture.

If mccoy played more angry we would be better as passion helps physical performance

#23 Cantankeris

Cantankeris

Behind getting ahead.

• Administrators
  • 14,912 posts
  • LocationThe Belly of the Beast

Posted 13 August 2017 - 05:49 PM

I'm not sure you can exactly point to what Suh's teams have had and call that success. Dude's a top 5 player at a position and has always been the best player on any defense he's manned, but success has been fleeting for both of these guys.

#24 SF

SF

Snook is my Bitch

• Members
  • 16,226 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 06:33 PM

I'm not sure you can exactly point to what Suh's teams have had and call that success. Dude's a top 5 player at a position and has always been the best player on any defense he's manned, but success has been fleeting for both of these guys.

A defensive tackle isn't a game changer. Simeon was a game changer. JJ Watt is a game changer. I don't think the lack of success of our team or any team Suh has played for can be blamed on either of them. Both have made their teams considerably better, but weren't going to be the pivotal piece to move either team to the next level.

s-l300.jpg

#25 BFFL

BFFL

Just Drafted

• Members
  • 435 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 13 August 2017 - 08:27 PM

I have nothing at all to say about McCoy doing this.........it's what athletes do nowadays. McCoy is a good guy. Soft-spoken. The anti-Sapp, if you will. I think he tries too hard to be something he's not and I do not feel his game is as dominant as some portray it to be, but this particular story is a nonissue and no reason to get bent out of shape over. I'm more bent out of shape when I see him getting knocked around like he's not a Top 5 D-lineman.

Agree there both from the same college maybe McCoy he thinks the kid is going to be something special. 

#26 Cantankeris

Cantankeris

Behind getting ahead.

• Administrators
  • 14,912 posts
  • LocationThe Belly of the Beast

Posted 13 August 2017 - 08:31 PM

A defensive tackle isn't a game changer. Simeon was a game changer. JJ Watt is a game changer. I don't think the lack of success of our team or any team Suh has played for can be blamed on either of them. Both have made their teams considerably better, but weren't going to be the pivotal piece to move either team to the next level.

Agree. Especially with the way drops and quick releases have changed. I've seen McCoy and Suh dominate their opposite members on the OL for entire games and do fuck all on the status sheet. When the QB only has the ball for 2 seconds he's hard to sack.

#27 Bucaroo Bonzai

Bucaroo Bonzai

Slap Bet Commissioner

• Members
  • 14,067 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:35 PM

Also, it's a preseason game that about 95% of us feel is a complete waste of time and should be removed from the schedule.

#28 MadMac

MadMac

Screw it - let's ride!

• Moderators
  • 5,888 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:54 AM

Channeling shibizzer....

Wht th *** r u syng, u fckn cnt?

"I don't know whether to shit or shine my shoes."

#29 MadMac

MadMac

Screw it - let's ride!

• Moderators
  • 5,888 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 01:16 AM

I think there's a little of this going on. Nothing wrong with it, I guess. Given a choice, I would have taken Suh over McCoy in a heartbeat.

Along the same line if thinking, I would've taken Von Miller and JJ Watt over Adrian Clayborn in 2011.....and Andrew Luck over Mark Barron in 2012....Matthew Stafford over Josh "The Gurgler" Freeman in 2009 (although I prefer Jameis over both of them)...and especially would've taken either Calvin Johnson or Joe Thomas over Gaines Adams......

However - like Suh - all those players were unavailable when it was the Bucs' turn to pick.

I mean, fuck, I recall the 1989 draft when the Bucs were unfortunately picking #6....and the picks ahead of them were Aikman, Mandarich (LOL), Barry Sanders, Deion Sanders, and Derrick Thomas.....leaving us with Broderick Thomas. Fucking UGH!

"I don't know whether to shit or shine my shoes."

#30 Dunn_Deal28

Dunn_Deal28

MVP

• Members
  • 18,395 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:43 AM

As much as I like Suh for what he did at Nebraska, and for as much as I think McCoy's way too sensitive for his own good, I'm sort of perplexed that this even a discussion so many years later. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users