Sign in to follow this  
tfree32

What? The? F***?

Imagine how much more dominating our defense would be if our kimono wearing and self-proclaimed badass leader was more concerned about getting sacks, pressures, and tackles and less about getting an opposing player's jersey.

And it ended with Bucs perennial Pro Bowl defensive tackle Gerald McCoy asking Mixon on the field for that actual No. 28 jersey that is becoming more and more popular in these parts. Mixon, who is the latest of the Sooners from Oklahoma, was absolutely floored that McCoy wanted his jersey. It was Mixon who would have gladly given McCoy the shirt off his back in trade.

“That's my dog. He’s an O.U. legend,” said Mixon, proudly pointing to McCoy’s 93 folded next to his chair. “He’s the one who asked me for my jersey. I said, ‘What? Are you serious?’ He was just showing me love. It means a lot. That’s Gerald McCoy, one of the greatest defensive lineman in the game right there.”

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Quick-hits-Mom-McCoy-surprise-Mixon-Dalton-upbeat/2e9da9ba-6676-4a27-be39-9e665bbabb9a

I see nothing wrong with McCoy's attitude in this respect. He still does his job when it's time to play.

I do think he struggles to finish games, but I don't think that has anything to do with the fact that he's a NICE guy.

I was bothered by his pussy presser at beginning of OTAs and his Twitter rant. But I like him as a player.

I do think he struggles to finish games, 

Channeling shibizzer, I would say that McCoy should rested so he can finish games. Line up McDonald in his place and have Baker, Silga, and Stevie T fill out the other 3 spots in run D situations.  :D

That might keep us from seeing McCoy sometimes sucking wind and looking defeated late in games.

Channeling shibizzer, I would say that McCoy should rested so he can finish games. Line up McDonald in his place and have Baker, Silga, and Stevie T fill out the other 3 spots in run D situations.

That might keep us from seeing McCoy sometimes sucking wind and looking defeated late in games when.

And make the season 12 games.

And give prizes for preseason.

And trade a 7th rounder for Levion Bell.

And cutting Agayboy was a mistake.

Don't worry TFree, I'm sure you can still get a 93 jersey on Bucs.com. Mixon didn't get the last one.

The only Bucs jersey I ever bought was a Derrick Brooks jersey. No need to get another one, as he's the greatest player in team history.

I don't hate McCoy. I just tire of his constant whining about being underappreciated, his leadership, and his toughness.

I'd like to see Geraldine shut the fuck up and make some plays. If he could also show some veteran leadership, that would be a huge bonus.

I have nothing at all to say about McCoy doing this.........it's what athletes do nowadays. McCoy is a good guy. Soft-spoken. The anti-Sapp, if you will. I think he tries too hard to be something he's not and I do not feel his game is as dominant as some portray it to be, but this particular story is a nonissue and no reason to get bent out of shape over. I'm more bent out of shape when I see him getting knocked around like he's not a Top 5 D-lineman.

McCoy. He is a stud. Nice guy though. Which in contrast to Sapp makes him look soft.

The game is different. QBs unload the ball inside 2 seconds more than not now due to offensive scheme changes.

Geraldine is easy to joke on. But I'm glad he anchors the DL. Period.

Good point.  Unfortunately the game has changed enough that we're probably better with a businesslike DT who is a nice guy.  Otherwise, you rack up penalties.

I think there's a little of this going on. Nothing wrong with it, I guess. Given a choice, I would have taken Suh over McCoy in a heartbeat.

OU-Nebraska+Poster.jpg

Since Suh was picked #2, and McCoy #3, I guess we'll never know if the asking price to move up was too great, and they felt McCoy was nearly comparable or not. Next time I get a drunk text from Mark Dominick, I'll ask him. :)

Since Suh was picked #2, and McCoy #3, I guess we'll never know if the asking price to move up was too great, and they felt McCoy was nearly comparable or not. Next time I get a drunk text from Mark Dominick, I'll ask him. :)

I don't believe we should have moved up for Suh, just the way the toothpicks fell. McCoy and Suh are probably the top two at the position. McCoy, while he tries to be the "let's go kick some ass" leader, isn't a guy who sets a standard, but rather a more than steady performer. Suh,, not necessarily a leader, is more dynamic and his play brings out "Let's kick ass" in those around him.

I'm not sure you can exactly point to what Suh's teams have had and call that success. Dude's a top 5 player at a position and has always been the best player on any defense he's manned, but success has been fleeting for both of these guys.

A defensive tackle isn't a game changer. Simeon was a game changer. JJ Watt is a game changer. I don't think the lack of success of our team or any team Suh has played for can be blamed on either of them. Both have made their teams considerably better, but weren't going to be the pivotal piece to move either team to the next level.

I have nothing at all to say about McCoy doing this.........it's what athletes do nowadays. McCoy is a good guy. Soft-spoken. The anti-Sapp, if you will. I think he tries too hard to be something he's not and I do not feel his game is as dominant as some portray it to be, but this particular story is a nonissue and no reason to get bent out of shape over. I'm more bent out of shape when I see him getting knocked around like he's not a Top 5 D-lineman.

Agree there both from the same college maybe McCoy he thinks the kid is going to be something special.