• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 tfree32

tfree32

MVP

• Members
  • 22,471 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 04:45 PM

Imagine how much more dominating our defense would be if our kimono wearing and self-proclaimed badass leader was more concerned about getting sacks, pressures, and tackles and less about getting an opposing player's jersey.

And it ended with Bucs perennial Pro Bowl defensive tackle Gerald McCoy asking Mixon on the field for that actual No. 28 jersey that is becoming more and more popular in these parts. Mixon, who is the latest of the Sooners from Oklahoma, was absolutely floored that McCoy wanted his jersey. It was Mixon who would have gladly given McCoy the shirt off his back in trade.

“That's my dog. He’s an O.U. legend,” said Mixon, proudly pointing to McCoy’s 93 folded next to his chair. “He’s the one who asked me for my jersey. I said, ‘What? Are you serious?’ He was just showing me love. It means a lot. That’s Gerald McCoy, one of the greatest defensive lineman in the game right there.”

http://www.bengals.c...39-9e665bbabb9a
  • bucsgrrl likes this

#2 Gulf Shore Steve

Gulf Shore Steve

MVP

• Members
  • 21,018 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 04:47 PM

Yes. Exactly. What the fuck?

• bucsgrrl likes this

#HatetheHateonHump

#3 bucs63

bucs63

HOF

• Members
  • 11,394 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 04:57 PM

Well there you have it. Might see McCoy wearing it at his Prancercise classes.
  • RichLP and bucsgrrl like this

#4 fanofdabucs

fanofdabucs

MVP

• Members
  • 10,510 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 05:38 PM

Obsess much?

wz7cvctmcna4yqzhlyab.gif

#5 Bucaroo Bonzai

Bucaroo Bonzai

Slap Bet Commissioner

• Members
  • 14,012 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 05:55 PM

Mr ProBowl needs to take the first preseason game more seriously.  You think the starters on the Patriots team aren't taking these games seriously?  Who gives a fuck.

#6 bucs63

bucs63

HOF

• Members
  • 11,394 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 06:33 PM

Obsess much?

Yes, especially here. Otherwise I'd just read a few football or newspaper sites that know jack about the team and be happy, clueless, and silent.

It's much more gratifying to be just happy and clueless.

#7 tfree32

tfree32

MVP

• Members
  • 22,471 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 06:44 PM

Obsess much?

Over our supposed defensive leader and alleged tough guy being a kimono wearing pansy fanboy over a player on the other team? Yeah, I find that concerning,

#8 Tundra

Tundra

Luke Stocker SUCKS

• Members
  • 20,473 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:17 PM

McCoy. He is a stud. Nice guy though. Which in contrast to Sapp makes him look soft.

The game is different. QBs unload the ball inside 2 seconds more than not now due to offensive scheme changes.

Geraldine is easy to joke on. But I'm glad he anchors the DL. Period.
  • Bucaroo Bonzai and Buc like this

71d46fe1f8cfdd4ee8346d5a25af8368.gif

#9 Regulator16

Regulator16

MVP

• Members
  • 3,408 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:28 PM

I see nothing wrong with McCoy's attitude in this respect. He still does his job when it's time to play.

I do think he struggles to finish games, but I don't think that has anything to do with the fact that he's a NICE guy.

I was bothered by his pussy presser at beginning of OTAs and his Twitter rant. But I like him as a player.
74157 1492637183753 Gildan Men Black  W92  front

#10 bucs63

bucs63

HOF

• Members
  • 11,394 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:29 PM

There were like 3 other guys that lined up next to McCoy that looked like anchors if not the whole fuckin ships. Hopefully the one's of massive girth make an impact on the line this year.

#11 Tundra

Tundra

Luke Stocker SUCKS

• Members
  • 20,473 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:30 PM

I see nothing wrong with McCoy's attitude. He still does his job when it's time to play.

I do think he struggles to finish games, but I don't think that has anything to do with the fact that he's a NICE guy.

That's my quarterback.

#12 bucs63

bucs63

HOF

• Members
  • 11,394 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:36 PM

I do think he struggles to finish games, 

Channeling shibizzer, I would say that McCoy should rested so he can finish games. Line up McDonald in his place and have Baker, Silga, and Stevie T fill out the other 3 spots in run D situations.  :D

That might keep us from seeing McCoy sometimes sucking wind and looking defeated late in games.

#13 Tundra

Tundra

Luke Stocker SUCKS

• Members
  • 20,473 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:39 PM

Channeling shibizzer, I would say that McCoy should rested so he can finish games. Line up McDonald in his place and have Baker, Silga, and Stevie T fill out the other 3 spots in run D situations.

That might keep us from seeing McCoy sometimes sucking wind and looking defeated late in games when.

And make the season 12 games.

And give prizes for preseason.

And trade a 7th rounder for Levion Bell.

And cutting Agayboy was a mistake.

#14 Cantankeris

Cantankeris

Behind getting ahead.

• Administrators
  • 14,638 posts
  • LocationThe Belly of the Beast

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:54 PM

Don't worry TFree, I'm sure you can still get a 93 jersey on Bucs.com. Mixon didn't get the last one.

• bucs63 likes this

#15 tfree32

tfree32

MVP

• Members
  • 22,471 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 08:14 PM

Don't worry TFree, I'm sure you can still get a 93 jersey on Bucs.com. Mixon didn't get the last one.

The only Bucs jersey I ever bought was a Derrick Brooks jersey. No need to get another one, as he's the greatest player in team history.

I don't hate McCoy. I just tire of his constant whining about being underappreciated, his leadership, and his toughness.

I'd like to see Geraldine shut the fuck up and make some plays. If he could also show some veteran leadership, that would be a huge bonus.

#16 SamuraiBuc

SamuraiBuc

LEGEND KILLER

• Members
  • 3,942 posts
  • LocationHillbillyville, TN

Posted 12 August 2017 - 11:16 PM

I have nothing at all to say about McCoy doing this.........it's what athletes do nowadays. McCoy is a good guy. Soft-spoken. The anti-Sapp, if you will. I think he tries too hard to be something he's not and I do not feel his game is as dominant as some portray it to be, but this particular story is a nonissue and no reason to get bent out of shape over. I'm more bent out of shape when I see him getting knocked around like he's not a Top 5 D-lineman.

• BucForce and BFFL like this

BxmEEi6IAAAT21Njpglarge_zps687be366.jpg

#17 SF

SF

Snook is my Bitch

• Members
  • 16,009 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 11:41 PM

Obsess much?

I think there's a little of this going on. Nothing wrong with it, I guess. Given a choice, I would have taken Suh over McCoy in a heartbeat.

OU-Nebraska+Poster.jpg

s-l300.jpg

#18 Bucaroo Bonzai

Bucaroo Bonzai

Slap Bet Commissioner

• Members
  • 14,012 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 11:43 PM

McCoy. He is a stud. Nice guy though. Which in contrast to Sapp makes him look soft.

The game is different. QBs unload the ball inside 2 seconds more than not now due to offensive scheme changes.

Good point.  Unfortunately the game has changed enough that we're probably better with a businesslike DT who is a nice guy.  Otherwise, you rack up penalties.

• SamuraiBuc likes this

#19 El Bucanero

El Bucanero

Since Back in the Day

• Members
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 12:54 PM

Swapping jerseys with an opponent after a match is an old sporting tradition. Who gives a shit.

• Gulf Shore Steve and SamuraiBuc like this

#20 BucForce

BucForce

MVP

• Members
  • 4,516 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 02:59 PM

I think there's a little of this going on. Nothing wrong with it, I guess. Given a choice, I would have taken Suh over McCoy in a heartbeat.

OU-Nebraska+Poster.jpg

Since Suh was picked #2, and McCoy #3, I guess we'll never know if the asking price to move up was too great, and they felt McCoy was nearly comparable or not. Next time I get a drunk text from Mark Dominick, I'll ask him. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users