• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 The Rich McKay Conspiracy

The Rich McKay Conspiracy

The Voice of Reason

• Members
  • 9,851 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 03:07 AM

In Laws live on Lakewood near Addison. Close to the stadium as well. Been to some Cubs games. Great atmosphere that the Rays will never experience.
Fuck the Bears!

Lakewood and Addison is only about five or six blocks from me. It's a great neighborhood, and I absolutely love living by Wrigley, and being close to the lake too.

Wrigley is one of the greatest venues in sports to me. They've been renovating for two years now and the updates to the stadium and the neighborhood are spot on, the team's finally a winner... good times here. The concerts at Wrigley are awesome too. We listen from the backyard all the time and I saw AC/DC there last year...

I saw a photo of the crowd at a Rays game the other day and it really bummed me out. The Cubs could get that size crowd if they opened practice to the general public.
  • BuccinA likes this

lfvYgxR.jpg

#22 BuccinA

BuccinA

Lakota

• Members
  • 5,733 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 03:27 AM

Lakewood and Addison is only about five or six blocks from me. It's a great neighborhood, and I absolutely love living by Wrigley, and being close to the lake too.
Wrigley is one of the greatest venues in sports to me. They've been renovating for two years now and the updates to the stadium and the neighborhood are spot on, the team's finally a winner... good times here. The concerts at Wrigley are awesome too. We listen from the backyard all the time and I saw AC/DC there last year...
I saw a photo of the crowd at a Rays game the other day and it really bummed me out. The Cubs could get that size crowd if they opened practice to the general public.

I loved living near Wrigley as a kid. What kid wouldn't ? True about the Cubs fans. I watched the Cubs game tonight against the Reds and it looked like Cub fans outnumbered Reds fans and this was in Cincy. Cubs pulled it out in the 11th as Rizzo homered in 3 runs with 2 outs in the bottom of the ninth. Bryant sac flied the winning run, top of the 11th.
It's a shame that the Rays don't have such a following. But who knows ? Maybe in 108 years :winkwink
  • The Rich McKay Conspiracy likes this

LakotaWarriors-1898.jpg
Gun Control is not about Guns, its about Control

#23 Sgballer55

Sgballer55

MVP

• Members
  • 2,651 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 22 April 2017 - 10:05 AM

I keep looking at the schedule and I'm almost convinced we can make playoffs.

Wg3qRCn.gif?1

#24 SF

SF

Snook is my Bitch

• Members
  • 15,850 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 02:12 PM

Wrigley is one of the greatest venues in sports to me.

I had the chance to go to Wrigley once. I was in Chicago in the early 90s for a convention and asked the bellhop if anyone was playing that night. This was when the Cubs first started having night games. Something like eight or ten per year. He told me just take a cab down to the field and I would be able to pick up a ticket on the sidewalk from any number of scalpers.

Went down and was mobbed with ticket offers. Took a club box ticket for $20.00, about six rows behind the third base dugout, and pretty much right under Harry Kari's broadcast booth. Just one of the best sports experiences ever. The guys I sat next to had sold their fourth ticket for $5.00, which was what I paid twenty for. Andre Dawson was playing for the Cubs at the time, and he hit some rainmakers. Just having that angle of view, the warm summer night. It was better than any drug. Seventh inning, Harry is right above me, leabing out of the booth waving the microphone as he sings "Take me out to the ballgame."

Red letter night.

• The Rich McKay Conspiracy and SamuraiBuc like this

s-l300.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users