Sign in to follow this  
rook

Here is the schedule

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/schedule-unveiled-bucs-learn-their-path-for-2017/2321101

The schedule has some favors -- the Bucs get their bye week far later than in recent years in Week 11, giving them an extra week to prepare for a game at Atlanta against the defending NFC champions. A week later, they'll likely face chilly conditions as they go to Green Bay to face Aaron Rodgers and the Packers on Dec. 3. The other potential cold game -- at Buffalo, where the Bucs have played just once in their 41 years -- should be a mild one on Oct. 22, fortunately more fall than winter.

It's not quite the larger national platform many had thought the Bucs might have -- just one Monday night game, no Sunday night games (some games later in the season can be flexed to prime time) and in all, 12 of 16 games have 1 p.m. kickoffs, with less national audiences that later afternoon games bring.

Here's the schedule: September -- 10 at Miami, 17 vs. Chicago, 24 at Minnesota; October -- 1 vs. N.Y. Giants, 5 vs. New England (Thursday), 15 at Arizona, 22 at Buffalo, 29 vs. Carolina; November -- 5 at New Orleans, 12 vs. N.Y. Jets, (bye week), 26 at Atlanta; December -- 3 at Green Bay, 10 vs. Detroit, 18 vs. Atlanta (Monday), 24 at Carolina, 31 vs. New Orleans.

I'm leaning toward blaming Hard Knocks for this already. 

​The Bucs open the season on Sept. 10 at Miami, and in all, Tampa Bay's schedule is uniquely skewed with home games early and late in the year -- three of the first five are at home, as are three of the last four, creating a tough stretch in the middle of the season that has just two home games over a span of 66 days.

1) I'm in the 'less national games the better' boat. I would rather the Bucs be sneaking under the radar.

2) In what universe does a team draw the Super Bowl teams 3 times in a season and that is supposed to be a fair schedule? The scheduling rules should not allow any team that has one of the previous Super Bowl team in their same division to have to play the other Super Bowl team in the same schedule.

A) I'm in the 'less national games the better' boat. I would rather the Bucs be sneaking under the radar.

B) In what universe does a team draw the Super Bowl teams 3 times in a season and that is supposed to be a fair schedule? The scheduling rules should not allow any team that has a previous Super Bowl team in their same division to have to play the other Super Bowl team in the same schedule.

At one point though, you can't be the under the radar team...you have to step up and be that team(ex: Patriots), that everyone has picked to constantly be the winner.

I'm ready for Tampa to be that team.

Last year I was pissed when they still had the Chargers picked over Tampa the week we played them. Coming off 3 wins in a row, including KC and Sea. Disrespectful. Time to be that team that's expected to win, not the underdogs because its less pressure!

2) In what universe does a team draw the Super Bowl teams 3 times in a season and that is supposed to be a fair schedule? The scheduling rules should not allow any team that has one of the previous Super Bowl team in their same division to have to play the other Super Bowl team in the same schedule.

It's actually not a bad thing, as this is the 2nd year in a row that the Bucs will face the Superbowl teams 3 times. Last year they went 2-1 in those games... :)  New England is tough every year. But Superbowl or not, I don't think the Falcons scare anyone.  Just like no one was afraid of Carolina last year.  It's an NFC South thing....

Sorry to hear about that!

I quite understand your pain...mine is a native of Chicago...and I fucking hate the Bears. 

So week 2 will be quite enjoyable when Glennon leads Tampa to victory!

We live in Chicago, we love the Blackhawks... live right near Wrigley Field and love the Cubs... I can even get worked up about the Bulls.

But the Bears?  Fuck the Bears.

We live in Chicago, we love the Blackhawks... live right near Wrigley Field and love the Cubs... I can even get worked up about the Bulls.

But the Bears? Fuck the Bears.

In Laws live on Lakewood near Addison. Close to the stadium as well. Been to some Cubs games. Great atmosphere that the Rays will never experience.

Fuck the Bears!

I'll be at the season opener when the Bucs fuck the 'Fins right in the blowhole.

Likely will be supporting the team wearing my Alstott jersey and shoulder pads.

Headed down there for the game as well. Only two games I'll be at this year...Miami and home opening game vs Chicago!

I'll be the one surrounded by the 20 Puerto Rican Chicago fans...shit talking the whole time until Glennon fucks up their hopes and dreams!

In Laws live on Lakewood near Addison. Close to the stadium as well. Been to some Cubs games. Great atmosphere that the Rays will never experience.

Fuck the Bears!

Lakewood and Addison is only about five or six blocks from me. It's a great neighborhood, and I absolutely love living by Wrigley, and being close to the lake too.

Wrigley is one of the greatest venues in sports to me. They've been renovating for two years now and the updates to the stadium and the neighborhood are spot on, the team's finally a winner... good times here. The concerts at Wrigley are awesome too. We listen from the backyard all the time and I saw AC/DC there last year...

I saw a photo of the crowd at a Rays game the other day and it really bummed me out. The Cubs could get that size crowd if they opened practice to the general public.

Lakewood and Addison is only about five or six blocks from me. It's a great neighborhood, and I absolutely love living by Wrigley, and being close to the lake too.

Wrigley is one of the greatest venues in sports to me. They've been renovating for two years now and the updates to the stadium and the neighborhood are spot on, the team's finally a winner... good times here. The concerts at Wrigley are awesome too. We listen from the backyard all the time and I saw AC/DC there last year...

I saw a photo of the crowd at a Rays game the other day and it really bummed me out. The Cubs could get that size crowd if they opened practice to the general public.

I loved living near Wrigley as a kid. What kid wouldn't ? True about the Cubs fans. I watched the Cubs game tonight against the Reds and it looked like Cub fans outnumbered Reds fans and this was in Cincy. Cubs pulled it out in the 11th as Rizzo homered in 3 runs with 2 outs in the bottom of the ninth. Bryant sac flied the winning run, top of the 11th.

It's a shame that the Rays don't have such a following. But who knows ? Maybe in 108 years :winkwink

Wrigley is one of the greatest venues in sports to me.

I had the chance to go to Wrigley once. I was in Chicago in the early 90s for a convention and asked the bellhop if anyone was playing that night. This was when the Cubs first started having night games. Something like eight or ten per year. He told me just take a cab down to the field and I would be able to pick up a ticket on the sidewalk from any number of scalpers.

Went down and was mobbed with ticket offers. Took a club box ticket for $20.00, about six rows behind the third base dugout, and pretty much right under Harry Kari's broadcast booth. Just one of the best sports experiences ever. The guys I sat next to had sold their fourth ticket for $5.00, which was what I paid twenty for. Andre Dawson was playing for the Cubs at the time, and he hit some rainmakers. Just having that angle of view, the warm summer night. It was better than any drug. Seventh inning, Harry is right above me, leabing out of the booth waving the microphone as he sings "Take me out to the ballgame."

Red letter night.