• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#121 rook

rook

MVP

• Members
  • 16,466 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 11:22 PM

80 wins but god how many blown saves did we have this year.

#122 BucForce

BucForce

MVP

• Members
  • 4,572 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 11:48 PM

And now the big payroll slashing begins in the offseason. It's great being a Rays fan!

#123 rook

rook

MVP

• Members
  • 16,466 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 09:57 PM

The purge is at the coaching staff including the loss of Jim Hickey.

#124 BucForce

BucForce

MVP

• Members
  • 4,572 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 10:28 PM

They see the signs. Stu can't find a stadium site. He's going to slash payroll. Let's Cobb walk for nothing. Maybe trade Archer, Dickerson, Souza, or even Longoria in the offseason?

I just hope when they back up the moving vans for Montreal that it's not in the middle of the night, like the Colts did to Baltimore. :facepalm

#125 Axe

Axe

TBA

• Members
  • 11,219 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 07:53 PM

The purge is at the coaching staff including the loss of Jim Hickey.

Hickey was the only good coach  the Rays had..

And they fired him..

I'm done with this franchise..

Erika Nicole 1/09/88-7/05/08

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." -- Henry Ford

Our works in progress http://www.arielsatticmusic.com/

#126 rook

rook

MVP

• Members
  • 16,466 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:03 PM

Hickey will have another job and a big raise.

#127 BucForce

BucForce

MVP

• Members
  • 4,572 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:41 PM

They didn't fire him, it was a mutual agreement to part ways. I saw rumors online that some players were openly mocking Cash in the clubhouse, telling him No when he wanted to sit them, very open about vocalizing their anger and dissatisfaction about being yanked after 75 pitches only to see the bullpen blow their lead. Hickey, being old school, did not take too kindly to that and was ready to make a change. And to probably no one's surprise, our alleged ace Archer, was the ringleader. Again, just rumors, like "I heard it from a friend who is a friend of Hickey's" kind of rumor so unless you hear more, take it under advisement.

#128 tb_buc

tb_buc

MVP

• Members
  • 8,574 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 12:26 AM

They didn't fire him, it was a mutual agreement to part ways. I saw rumors online that some players were openly mocking Cash in the clubhouse, telling him No when he wanted to sit them, very open about vocalizing their anger and dissatisfaction about being yanked after 75 pitches only to see the bullpen blow their lead. Hickey, being old school, did not take too kindly to that and was ready to make a change. And to probably no one's surprise, our alleged ace Archer, was the ringleader. Again, just rumors, like "I heard it from a friend who is a friend of Hickey's" kind of rumor so unless you hear more, take it under advisement.

A buddy's son worked the Ray locker room, there is nothing but respect for Cash. Hickey has been here for a long time, I suspect he has aspirations of being more than a pitching coach, its just time for him to move on.

http://media.giphy.c...NSCc/giphy.gif

<p>><))))):> "He hate him!" Tony Dungy quote regarding tb_buc's opinion of Joe Maddon.....

#129 bucsgrrl

bucsgrrl

MVP

• Members
  • 2,816 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 03:51 AM

Hickey was the only good coach the Rays had..

And they fired him..

I'm done with this franchise..

My husband is giving up on the Rays "before they leave'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users