• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#61 ufofreek

ufofreek

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 01:08 PM

Colome is going through a rough patch. He has pitched a lot. We need Snell to go seven innings today because the pen is worn out.

#62 ufofreek

ufofreek

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:04 AM

The good news is that Snell pitched five scoreless innings. The bad news is that is all he did. Predictably the pen got hammered 

• tb_buc likes this

#63 rook

rook

MVP

• Members
  • 16,314 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:36 AM

Snell even when he throws 5 shut out innings wears out the bullpen. I do feel bad for Cash because it is Russian roulette on which member of the bullpen is going to implode next.

Erasmo can not always be expected to go two or three innings and hop back and forth from starter to long reliever.

Mallex Smith is making me miss Kiermaier less and less.

#64 tb_buc

tb_buc

MVP

• Members
  • 8,511 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 07:33 PM

Mallex rounding third looks like his body parts could explode at any moment from the g-forces he is pulling.
http://media.giphy.c...NSCc/giphy.gif

<p>><))))):> "He hate him!" Tony Dungy quote regarding tb_buc's opinion of Joe Maddon.....

#65 BucForce

BucForce

MVP

• Members
  • 4,489 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 09:49 PM

Need to take 3 out of 4 with Boston if they have any designs on winning the division.

#66 rook

rook

MVP

• Members
  • 16,314 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 02:02 AM

Beating Chris Sale with a rookie is awesome. Nice to have a catcher with a bat and a glove in Wilson Ramos

#67 ufofreek

ufofreek

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 04:59 PM

Odo was just terrible last night. I say send him down to the farm to regain some confidence.

#68 rook

rook

MVP

• Members
  • 16,314 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 08:20 PM

Rays take Boston 3 games to 1. Brad Miller is the hero.

#69 ufofreek

ufofreek

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 08:54 PM

Indeed, very impressive effort. Nice way to go into the ASG break.

• Axe likes this

#70 BucForce

BucForce

MVP

• Members
  • 4,489 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 10:04 PM

Need to take 3 out of 4 with Boston if they have any designs on winning the division.

You're welcome :D

I wasn't too optimistic going into this season, but this team is really showing me something. Might be one of those situations where it's a bad time to have a 4 day break now when the team is so hot, but in the past, we have struggled leading up to the ASG so this is a good sign. But if we are still in it this close to the trading deadline, they still need to make moves to improve the bullpen. And hold onto Alex Cobb, even though he's in a walk year. Now if only Longoria could get hot too, they may really take off.

#71 rook

rook

MVP

• Members
  • 16,314 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 10:27 PM

He did get two clutch RBIs today. Upset that Lomo did not get Dickerson home from third with less than 2 outs. I am a big believer in productve outs. Rays had two sacrifice flies today although the Boston LF  created one. Yesterday's win was a sacrifice fly by Sucre while Boston could not tie with a productive out in the ninth.

#72 rook

rook

MVP

• Members
  • 16,314 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 10:06 PM

i am glad I taped the game last night. Rays won 2-1 but there was not a lot of hitting and scoring. Interesting game tonight.

Rays win 6-3 with two of the runs coming off a garbage time homer in the 9th. Sucre shows the touch with men in scoring position and Logan Morrision hit homers.

Cobb went 7 2/3. Bullpen should be rested.

#73 rook

rook

MVP

• Members
  • 16,314 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:39 AM

That loss was on Cash yesterday. He said he did not want to use Boxberger three days in a row. Box threw three pitches Saturday and got out the batter he faced. Lrt's use Humbo Diaz

who gave up a two run homer Saturday (went DFA after the game) and a rookie reliever in a tied game.

#74 tb_buc

tb_buc

MVP

• Members
  • 8,511 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 11:43 AM

Rook, perhaps he should have used Boxberger, but he likely threw 30 pitches in the bullpen before the 3. Beckham's brainless at bat certainly is right up there, first pitch swing on a ball down in the strike zone, tells me he wasn't thinking. He follows that up with getting ejected last night when his backup is the DH, that forces Cash to use Bourges who hadn't played 2nd base in a very very long time. We need Beckham to remove his head from his rectum, to this point this season he has exceeded expectations, we don't need the previous years version back.
http://media.giphy.c...NSCc/giphy.gif

<p>><))))):> "He hate him!" Tony Dungy quote regarding tb_buc's opinion of Joe Maddon.....

#75 rook

rook

MVP

• Members
  • 16,314 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:10 AM

Sucre who has played well had a bad game in that loss. He missed two tags in that game. Nick Franklin's slide was a great slide. Sucre did not have the ball in time to block the plate

The second miss Sucre had the ball in plenty of time and could have blocked the plate and made an easy out. He stayed back and gave up the run on a ball that beat the runner by .a mile. The new rules allow the catcher to block the plate but ou can not block the plate without the ball anymore.

Last night with 2 outs and no one on in the ninth down 3-2, the Rays performed a miracle. Ramos gets a hit. Mallex Smith pinch runs and Casilla loses it. The first pitch he throws a wild pitch to get Smith to second, Mallex Smith steals third. Casila walks Brad Miller. Hechavarria hits the first pitch for a game tying single.pitch. Shane Peterson follows up with a 3-2 base hit go ahead run.

Mallex Smith destroyed  the As reliever as a pinch runner. Colome punched the As out in the 9th but Erasmo was the MVP with three great innings of middle relief. Snell is hell.

We need to keep searching for another starter in the farm system

#76 ufofreek

ufofreek

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:35 PM

It was a gutsy win for sure. Agree on Snell.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users