Sign in to follow this  
ufofreek

Real Rays showed up last night.

They didn't fire him, it was a mutual agreement to part ways. I saw rumors online that some players were openly mocking Cash in the clubhouse, telling him No when he wanted to sit them, very open about vocalizing their anger and dissatisfaction about being yanked after 75 pitches only to see the bullpen blow their lead. Hickey, being old school, did not take too kindly to that and was ready to make a change. And to probably no one's surprise, our alleged ace Archer, was the ringleader. Again, just rumors, like "I heard it from a friend who is a friend of Hickey's" kind of rumor so unless you hear more, take it under advisement.

They didn't fire him, it was a mutual agreement to part ways. I saw rumors online that some players were openly mocking Cash in the clubhouse, telling him No when he wanted to sit them, very open about vocalizing their anger and dissatisfaction about being yanked after 75 pitches only to see the bullpen blow their lead. Hickey, being old school, did not take too kindly to that and was ready to make a change. And to probably no one's surprise, our alleged ace Archer, was the ringleader. Again, just rumors, like "I heard it from a friend who is a friend of Hickey's" kind of rumor so unless you hear more, take it under advisement.

A buddy's son worked the Ray locker room, there is nothing but respect for Cash. Hickey has been here for a long time, I suspect he has aspirations of being more than a pitching coach, its just time for him to move on.