• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Axe

Axe

TBA

• Members
  • 11,111 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 02:56 AM

There is no doubt we have a Cup finals calibre team but...

Who else, what other team in the NHL has done the the 2015 reg season, made a deep run into the playoffs, then sent most of their team to various teams for the WC playoffs... And then right back into season 2016??  I realize these are young incredibly conditioned athletes but there's always a wall out there.. No matter who you are.. That's a LOT of highly competitive hockey to have played w/o much of a break..

Erika Nicole 1/09/88-7/05/08

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." -- Henry Ford

Our works in progress http://www.arielsatticmusic.com/

#2 BucForce

BucForce

MVP

• Members
  • 4,476 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 12:30 PM

Well, the WC was being held while training camps were underway anyways, so not sure how much more taxed they were. They had June, July and most of August off. I think Cooper is already thinking about your point, though, by saying Vasi will play 30 games at least and Bishop 50-52. I would like to see how far we could go with a healthy Bishop all the way through. Looks like Kucherov may be out, as they called up Conacher for tonight's game. The good thing is we are so deep, talent wise, we can give guys a game off here and there and replace him with a guy that's sitting in the press box serving popcorn.

#3 BucForce

BucForce

MVP

• Members
  • 4,476 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 12:51 PM

Axe, you were very prophetic back on October 28. This team is dead in the water and not responding to Cooper or the coaching staff anymore. Time to stick a fork in them and start shaking up the roster, Stevie Y. Very embarassing effort put forth again last night.

#4 BucForce

BucForce

MVP

• Members
  • 4,476 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 08:48 PM

Nice run after the trade deadline, but Lightning get eliminated last night with Toronto's win over Pittsburgh. Get healthy now after 2 long seasons in a row and come back stronger next season.

#5 rook

rook

MVP

• Members
  • 16,288 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 12:10 AM

It is strange the 94 points they scored this year would have put them in the playoffs in the same exact position as they were last year and against the same opponent in Detroit in 2015-2016! Detroit had 93 points in 2015-16.

#6 Ramsforever

Ramsforever

MVP

• Members
  • 4,593 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 16 April 2017 - 11:00 PM

You guys can pull for the Blues if you like.

:)

Up 3-0 on the Minnesota Wild.

#7 Ramsforever

Ramsforever

MVP

• Members
  • 4,593 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 07 May 2017 - 09:53 PM

Well... looking to next season.

:duh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic