Sign in to follow this  
Axe

I'm Concerned

There is no doubt we have a Cup finals calibre team but...

Who else, what other team in the NHL has done the the 2015 reg season, made a deep run into the playoffs, then sent most of their team to various teams for the WC playoffs... And then right back into season 2016??  I realize these are young incredibly conditioned athletes but there's always a wall out there.. No matter who you are.. That's a LOT of highly competitive hockey to have played w/o much of a break..

Well, the WC was being held while training camps were underway anyways, so not sure how much more taxed they were. They had June, July and most of August off. I think Cooper is already thinking about your point, though, by saying Vasi will play 30 games at least and Bishop 50-52. I would like to see how far we could go with a healthy Bishop all the way through. Looks like Kucherov may be out, as they called up Conacher for tonight's game. The good thing is we are so deep, talent wise, we can give guys a game off here and there and replace him with a guy that's sitting in the press box serving popcorn.