Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ramsforever

NHL PLayoffs Conf finals.

How do you NOT show up for a game 6 at home in the conference finals? A chance to close it out at home!! And you mail it in and embarrass the home crowd yet again??

That's the whole regular season in a nutshell. They think they can just throw their sticks on the ice and flip the switch on whenever they want. It's what frustrated us all season and it still happens from game to game in the playoffs.

I am going to be a contrarian but we are playing without Stamkos and Bishop with a talented inexperienced 21 year old goal keeper. Matt Murray had plenty of regular season experience before he started. We ask Andrei to go in Game 1 after a few minutes after Bishop injured and tell him go get them!

Several the guys who came back like Stralman are not 100%. Frankly w/o Andrei playing lights out, this team should have been eliminated. They have out shot the Lightning by a ridiculous amount and the defense seems to specialize in making our goal keepers lives difficult. I do not know how they won 3 games this series.

I went out to watch the game last night and was too depressed and pissed at the same time to comment when I got home. To be fair, this team probably got farther than it should have being down Stralman and Stamkos for two series, and Bishop for virtually one series. To extend the Pens to 7 games, after PIT beat up the runaway #1 team in the league in Washington in 6 games, showed guts. But they could not close the deal, losing at home then losing by 1 on the road. Lack of energy or aggressiveness, for whatever reason, did them in. I honestly think Stamkos comes back...the modern day athlete would not risk his career and a huge payday coming back from injury for one game unless he really, deep down, expects to be back here next season.

Bishop is a beast, but this is the 3rd playoff season in a row where he's gotten injured, or didn't even play in the playoffs. Injury prone or unlucky, Vasilevsky proved he can be a #1 goalie with room to grow and learn skills, like puck handling better like Bishop. Before July 1, I think we will re-sign Stamkos and trade Bishop at the draft for a top player and a boatload of prospects.