Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tundra

Kicker

If this clown is not better than Stenrud his rotting carcass will be in the fucking closet for you to jerk off on. what tHREFUCK!@@!

3rd and 4th round picks. A Kwon pick. and an extra one

2 picks

For every Kwon they find, the Bucs flop with 10 fourth round picks. Additionally a reliable kicking game probably would have been worth 5 wins over the last two seasons. I don't like trading up for a kicker in the second round, but if he's as good as advertised, I understand why they'd do it.

As much as I liked the Spence pick, this one is a real head-scratcher.  I think that the Bucs could have gotten Aguayo with their fourth round pick - a second round pick for a kicker is almost unheard of.

There were much better values, to me, still on the board (Jonathan Bullard, Kendall Fuller, Vonn Bell, etc) to reach for a PK even at their original 3rd round spot, let alone TRADE UP for one.  Sorry.  I hope I'm proven wrong.

As much as I liked the Spence pick, this one is a real head-scratcher.  I think that the Bucs could have gotten Aguayo with their fourth round pick - a second round pick for a kicker is almost unheard of.

There were much better values, to me, still on the board (Jonathan Bullard, Kendall Fuller, Vonn Bell, etc) to reach for a PK even at their original 3rd round spot, let alone TRADE UP for one.  Sorry.  I hope I'm proven wrong.

Yes. Exactly. I was drooling about Bullard at this point.

Bang me in the ear with a toaster oven.

Aguayo had a low second/high third round grade. I can't imagine NE would have taken him since they have Gostkowski although I haven't paid any attention to how he dealt with EPs last year. Maybe the Bucs thought NE was going to trade with another team who'd take him. With the change in EPs permanent now, teams need a very reliable kicker. Most of us don't trust kickers from one kick to the next but this guy is money for sure. He's probably a better bet to be a long term success than any player at another position at this point in the draft.

So, while I want to kill someone at the moment and don't like the trade up aspect of the pick, eventually I'll probably see the light on the pick.

Aguayo had a low second/high third round grade. I can't imagine NE would have taken him since they have Gostkowski although I haven't paid any attention to how he dealt with EPs last year. Maybe the Bucs thought NE was going to trade with another team who'd take him. With the change in EPs permanent now, teams need a very reliable kicker. Most of us don't trust kickers from one kick to the next but this guy is money for sure. He's probably a better bet to be a long term success than any player at another position at this point in the draft.

So, while I want to kill someone at the moment and don't like the trade up aspect of the pick, eventually I'll probably see the light on the pick.

The first time he misses a key kick, ................ Especially if he misses it before making one, .....................

Totally OT - just saw Jim Kelly on a commercial. Damn, the chemo kicked his ass - he looks like he's 80.