Photo
- - - - -

"Team's Biggest Problem" Likes Winston

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 Tundra

Tundra

Defenseless

• Members
  • 21,102 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 09:00 PM

Alstott was favorably impressed by the Crab Burgler. From the Tampon Bay Times. 

http://www.tampabay....y-event/2225448

Former FSU quarterback Jameis Winston is still working to win over fans in the Tampa area as the NFL draft approaches, and he made an impression on former Bucs players at charity events this weekend for the Mike Alstott Family Foundation.

"I think first and foremost, he's a great person. He has a big heart, very personable, was there interacting with the crowd and everybody that supported my event," said Alstott, the former Bucs fullback. "Everybody loved having him around. He was really, really first-class."

Alstott said he hadn't met Winston before and reached out through his agent to bring him down for the weekend, which included social events like a cornhole tournament and golf outing at the Belleview Biltmore Golf Club. For Winston, the event was a chance to meet former and current Bucs players -- head coach Lovie Smith and general manager Jason Licht were at the cornhole tournament on the beach as well. Alstott said he understands that fans may be divided on Winston, but he was impressed by how he handled himself.

"I think he realizes some of the mistakes he's made, and he's trying to correct them," said Alstott, whose three children were among those having their pictures taken with Winston. "I think this shows a little bit that he's grown about the past. Coming down to my event, he could take the other side and hide until whoever drafts him, but he was very honored to be a part of it, and everybody really enjoyed his presence and his personality."

Winston, widely expected to be the Bucs' choice for the No. 1 overall pick on April 30, liked the charity enough that he wore a Mike Alstott Family Foundation polo while on his official visit to the Titans, who have the second pick in the draft. Alstott isn't on Twitter himself, but his foundation's account tweeted a photo showing Winston wearing the Alstott shirt on the Titans visit, saying "much love" and "thanks for the support."

Here's a photo gallery the Alstott foundation posted on Facebook from the event, showing Alstott, Smith, Licht and other Bucs players.

71d46fe1f8cfdd4ee8346d5a25af8368.gif

Dice my dick and mail it to Mike Smith. Maybe he can make a more attractive head out of it for himself.

#2 SF

SF

Snook is my Bitch

• Members
  • 16,138 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 09:10 PM

Alstott said he hadn't met Winston before and reached out through his agent to bring him down for the weekend, which included social events like a cornhole tournament

Winston was only there to try and cornhole some of the local skanks.

s-l300.jpg

#3 Tundra

Tundra

Defenseless

• Members
  • 21,102 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 09:17 PM

Winston was only there to try and cornhole some of the local skanks.

I believe "cornhole the shit out of them" is more precise.

Dice my dick and mail it to Mike Smith. Maybe he can make a more attractive head out of it for himself.

#4 SF

SF

Snook is my Bitch

• Members
  • 16,138 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 09:27 PM

I believe "cornhole the shit out of them" is more precise.

Excellent point, although shouldn't it then be "drug and cornhole the shit out of them?"

s-l300.jpg

#5 jobuc597

jobuc597

Pissed Off

• Members
  • 1,250 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 09:35 PM

Excellent point, although shouldn't it then be "drug and cornhole the shit out of them?"

according to Bill Cosby book on dating...it's "drug and cornhole the shit out of them"...

#6 FlaNative

FlaNative

Heterosexual Lesbianism

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:47 PM

You guys have hurt my FSU fan feelings. Jameis is not a cornholer. You guys must be Gator fans.  ;)

#7 BUCSMAGICNOLESALLDAY

BUCSMAGICNOLESALLDAY

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:55 PM

You guys have hurt my FSU fan feelings. Jameis is not a cornholer. You guys must be Gator fans.

Nope this shit is funny, fsu fan or not

#8 shabazz916

shabazz916

MVP

• Members
  • 4,476 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 11:16 PM

draft jameis

#9 Tundra

Tundra

Defenseless

• Members
  • 21,102 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 11:18 PM

That has the old French "double entendre" going.  As in "drug" meaning hillbilly past tense of "dragged" or "drug" meaning hillbilly form of "drugged?" 

You guys have hurt my FSU fan feelings. Jameis is not a cornholer. You guys must be Gator fans.  ;)

I am as a matter of fact  :lol:

#10 Cutnup

Cutnup

Pro Bowl Player

• Members
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 11:57 PM

Here's some funny shit. He got a Polo shirt from the Alstot event and proceeded to wear it when he went to Tennessee. Here's the interview when he was wearing the shirt. http://www.titansonl...92-8d1b24f417ef

#11 Tundra

Tundra

Defenseless

• Members
  • 21,102 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 12:41 AM

Here's some funny shit. He got a Polo shirt from the Alstot event and proceeded to wear it when he went to Tennessee. Here's the interview when he was wearing the shirt. http://www.titansonl...92-8d1b24f417ef

I do admit, that move right there warms my loins a bit toward the crab burglar.

#12 Buc

Buc

Why is the rum gone?!?

• Members
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 12:50 PM

WTF????

Did someone really bring a giant crab to the event???

Or was that just some sad coincidence. . . . . . 

Im thinkin we may see more than a few giant foam crab claws at games this year if we draft him. .  ..

#13 Dunn_Deal28

Dunn_Deal28

MVP

• Members
  • 18,208 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 12:51 PM

I haven't really seen or read any negative opinions on Winston. Jumbo Fisher, former FSU teammates. Alstott, Gruden, Brooks. Winston either has quite a few people fooled or he's moving past the immaturity.

As for his lawyer's comments. I think a lot of those were taken out of context and aren't necessarily as damaging as they were made out to be.

#14 Tundra

Tundra

Defenseless

• Members
  • 21,102 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 04:43 PM

Fuckit. Draft the crab burglar.