Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BucForce

Playoffs

I feel this team can go into Chicago and win game 6 just like we went into MSG and won Game 5 and 7. Structure, strong defense, attack when necessary. We are wounded now but resilient.

What I worry more about is our play this playoff season on home ice. 6-7 is not the mark of a Stanley Cup winner. Especially for the team with the best home ice advantage during the regular season. One goal a game the past two are not going to win a Cup. Just empty your tank on Monday night and get it done.

This team has not lost three straight games all season. It won't happen on Monday either. Go Bolts!

Very proud of this team and know that Yzerman will make us even stronger next season as he determines what areas need to improve. We need to get bigger for one thing, to withstand a deep playoff run, as our players got beaten into submission. Bishop tore his groin in Game 2, and Johnson broke his wrist at some point, yet both kept playing. Baseball players go on the DL with an ingrained toenail. Hockey playoffs will always be the most exciting ever, a 2 month long grind to raise the Cup. We've gotten closer, but still have one more hill to climb.

I love this team. It is one that Tampa can be proud of, from the owners to the coaches, to the young players. The playoffs really got me back into the excitement of hockey. :)

Last year at this time, I suggested to my husband that we buy Bucs season tickets. He sanely said "Let's wait a year and see". We are going to buy Lightning tickets for next season, though. :)

In an alternate universe, Maddon is hoisting the cup at a Rays game after a Lightning championship...

In this universe, I live a block away from Wrigley Field.  The other day the game was rained out and I was getting gas at the BP down the street from my house.

Maddon was pumping gas at the next pump over.