Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BucForce

Playoffs

Well, now we have a series. Each team has won 6-2 on the other teams ice. We have two other wins, 1 in OT the other was virtually in OT. So both of those could have gone the other way and we would be down 3-1 in the series.

But we are 3-1 up in the series, and need to win one of the final 3. 2 of the 3 are in Montreal.

However, we need to get back to playing Lightning hockey. Puck possession, speed, quick passes, solid goaltending. Keep the pressure on and force them to make mistakes. We are a young team that is learning how to win and there will be nights like this. We just need to stay the course and take tomorrow off to recharge and refresh and be ready to go Saturday night. Thinking of going down to Channelside for the official Lightning watch party and cheer the boys on to a series clinching victory.

Well, now we have a series. Each team has won 6-2 on the other teams ice. We have two other wins, 1 in OT the other was virtually in OT. So both of those could have gone the other way and we would be down 3-1 in the series.

But we are 3-1 up in the series, and need to win one of the final 3. 2 of the 3 are in Montreal.

However, we need to get back to playing Lightning hockey. Puck possession, speed, quick passes, solid goaltending. Keep the pressure on and force them to make mistakes. We are a young team that is learning how to win and there will be nights like this. We just need to stay the course and take tomorrow off to recharge and refresh and be ready to go Saturday night. Thinking of going down to Channelside for the official Lightning watch party and cheer the boys on to a series clinching victory.

I don't think we have a series at all.  I think the Lightning are advancing 4-1.  8 straight wins against Montreal, and PK Subban is on TV talking about how the pressure is on Tampa and how doubt is creeping in and how Montreal is going to do what LA did last year and come back from down 3-0.

Meh.  

I don't think we have a series at all.  I think the Lightning are advancing 4-1.  8 straight wins against Montreal, and PK Subban is on TV talking about how the pressure is on Tampa and how doubt is creeping in and how Montreal is going to do what LA did last year and come back from down 3-0.

Meh.  

Depends which Bishop shows up.

Bishop was not the problem tonight. It was 2-1 but it should have been much worse. I can not understand how they let opposing teams steal the puck many times so effectively in front of their own goal. That happened in the Detroit series as well. Montreal had all the power plays and did not "cough" commit a penalty.

He usually plays excellent after having a crap performance.

Usually.

I keep telling myself, the core of this team is still young and learning the process of what it takes to go on a deep run in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. I think we may still be a year away from winning it all. I hope I am wrong about this after the season we've had and where we are now, but...

That was Lightning Hockey at it's finest. Speed, speed and more speed. Solid goaltending. Pepper the opposing goalie with shots from all angles. When they play like that, they can beat anybody. Now I want the Rangers to win so we can show the traitor what he is missing by forcing his way out of Tampa Bay. Go Bolts!

Glad it's the Rangers. Caps are more physical than Detroit and we struggled with them. Rangers are beat up now, we need to jump on them quickly like we did with Montreal. t. Louis got benched for 10 minutes of the 3rd, his skills are fading fast. Would love to see Boyle, Stralman and get Callahan back in time to beat their former team that gave up on them. Bolts in 6.

Good luck you guys.

Have the Lightning ever won a cup?

Yes in 2004. Then the NHL locked out the players, and then lowered the cap to where we couldn't afford to keep some players, like our goalie Khabibulin for one. We were posed to defend it too until that happened.

This ones for Marty the Traitor:

CE_DNz_WMAAKWxW.jpg