Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BucForce

Playoffs

Looks like  a 3 seed... Boston or Detroit?? We can beat MTL but Boston owns us :wtf  I've said all yr and still maintain that this is a soft "regular season" team.. Injuries aren't helping.. Playoff hockey is a different animal.. God, I hope I'm wrong because the Lightning is all this area has... :ohcrap

I don't see a deep playoff run... One and done would not surprise me at all no matter who the opponent is.. :disgust

I've seen on another board, that with BOS losing last night, there's no way we can meet them in Round 1. And if MTL loses to TOR and we beat BOS, we get the #1 seed in a tiebreaker and would face PIT or OTT. More than likely, MTL will win, we will finish #2 and face DET. And the way their goalie situation has been lately, we have a good shot.

You could look at it two ways. Ottawa has been playing playoff hockey for two months just to get here. But will they now have nothing left in the tank, or will they feel like they are playing with house money and a hot goalie can take you deep in the playoffs? Remains to be seen. Red Wings have been slumping for the last month, and their goalie situation is a mess. We need to take care of business at home, and should win in no more than 6 games.

Detroit is just as soft. Bishop was hot garbage, giving up a shorthanded goal and a weak ass game winner. Power Play is complete garbage, and Stamkos needs to stop thinking pass first and shoot the damn puck from every place he gets it on the ice. Detroit accomplished what they wanted, stealing a game in Tampa. Didn't matter if it was game 1 or 2, they got outplayed but stole a game from us. If the pace of every game in the series ends up with us outshooting them 3-1, we will still win the series.

You are what you are. The Bolts have not been a hitting team all season. Why start now? I felt they tried too hard to play "tough" in game one. They play better defense with their feet and sticks and giving the hit when its right. Just my opinion. I'm no hockey expert by any means, but I did go to 3 games this season. Yesterdays game was a joy to see. Go Lightning!

Tonight, you were right, Axe. They were charminy soft tonight. When you best players, Stamkos and Hedman, are either invisible or making boneheaded plays, you have no chance. They need to get their heads out of their asses and stop thinking teams will lay down for you because you had 100 points in the regular season. Now they have to win 3 of 4, 2 in Detroit, and they haven't played a complete game yet in this series.

Soft as a ducks ass tonight. 100+ minutes without a goal and counting with another period to go. Stamkos is INVISIBLE, unless he is hurt, he is not worth $10M a year, he can go pound rocks in Toronto. I wouldn't have believed we be down 3-1 to this team if I wasn't watching every minute of every game. :facepalm