• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#41 Tundra

Tundra

Sucking cock since 2008

• Members
  • 21,221 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 02:09 AM

Joe Maddon has the Cubs (the fucking Cubs!) in the World Series.

Manager of the Year probably. Sure is good the Rays parted ways with that scrub.

I don't give enough fucks to give a fuck

#42 tb_buc

tb_buc

MVP

• Members
  • 8,615 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 12:47 PM

Joe Maddon has the Cubs (the fucking Cubs!) in the World Series.

Manager of the Year probably. Sure is good the Rays parted ways with that scrub.

Only a real Dick would make those comment. Fuck Maddon with Dungy's failed playoff record here.

• Tundra likes this
http://media.giphy.c...NSCc/giphy.gif

<p>><))))):> "He hate him!" Tony Dungy quote regarding tb_buc's opinion of Joe Maddon.....

#43 rook

rook

MVP

• Members
  • 16,484 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 05:49 PM

Maddon left on his accord. He was not fired or even told to leave, He had a FA option a year early and he exercised it.

#44 tb_buc

tb_buc

MVP

• Members
  • 8,615 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 12:46 AM

Maddon left on his accord. He was not fired or even told to leave, He had a FA option a year early and he exercised it.

Which makes him an asshole, but certainly not a dick.
  • Tundra likes this

<p>><))))):> "He hate him!" Tony Dungy quote regarding tb_buc's opinion of Joe Maddon.....

#45 Tundra

Tundra

Sucking cock since 2008

• Members
  • 21,221 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 03:26 AM

Maddon smelled the coffee --  gooberville style. Ownership was tightening the spending on the roster, there's the whole stadium dilemma drama, and the fanbase is gooberville, where every coach sucks no matter what. 

So he did the right thing for himself, and got a great gig. 

When you are an owner and you have someone like him............don't let him go. 

That's the lesson. 

#46 rook

rook

MVP

• Members
  • 16,484 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 03:47 AM

What college did Corey Kluber pitch at. I forget!

#47 tb_buc

tb_buc

MVP

• Members
  • 8,615 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 11:15 PM

Fuck Joe Maddon just a little more.

#48 BucForce

BucForce

MVP

• Members
  • 4,589 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 11:50 AM

Maddon nearly overmanaged his team right out of the World Series. Overusing Chapman until he was running on fumes, pulling Hendricks when he was cruising along, refusing to use more than 2-3 guys out of a 8-9 man bullpen. Always trying to be the smartest man in the room, so he can sit back sipping on his Merlot while the baseball world grovels at his feet.

Congratulations to the Chicago Cubs, and the architect who built them into champions, and who has positioned them to be successful for many years - Theo Epstein. Between his drafting and his free agent signings, we will see Maddon get more opportunities to go deep in the playoffs and show off his brilliance.

#49 The Rich McKay Conspiracy

The Rich McKay Conspiracy

The Voice of Reason

• Members
  • 10,059 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 04:12 PM

Which makes him an asshole, but certainly not a dick.

Can't blame the guy for wanting to see what he could do with a real payroll.  

I live a block north of the stadium, this whole week has been insane.  DHS and the FBI set all these rules in place... my street has been a tow zone since the 28th.  You have to have ID to get back to your house... they're threatening to fine people $1500 for renting out their private parking spaces (standard around here every home game)... all the trash cans were removed from the area... they've had roughly 1000 police in the immediate neighborhood during and after each home game, and then again for game 7.  The Alderman's office is overwhelmed, and they're blaming everything on the feds...

But hey, this is what everyone's been waiting for, and it's exciting and security is important and all... so after the game I tried to wander over and join the crowds... there were so many police and barricades and swat teams and road closures that I literally couldn't walk two blocks south to get to where everyone was.  I could just wander around the north side of the stadium and join up with the much smaller crowd over by Murphy's Bleachers.  Instead of bag checks, it was just road blocks... they shut down the Red Line stop near the stadium... anything to prevent people from gathering and getting out of hand.  I asked a cop how I get over to the marquee and he just laughed and said that I can do that tomorrow...

It was a total let down after having lived here for 7 years and imagining what this day would be like.  The whole thing was like one big militarized zone designed to prevent a non-existent problem rather than observe and maintain a celebration.

Vlc3Fpk.jpg

Il2rHWO.jpg

K68MzId.jpg

lfvYgxR.jpg

#50 The Rich McKay Conspiracy

The Voice of Reason

• Members
  • 10,059 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 04:14 PM

Maddon nearly overmanaged his team right out of the World Series. Overusing Chapman until he was running on fumes, pulling Hendricks when he was cruising along, refusing to use more than 2-3 guys out of a 8-9 man bullpen. Always trying to be the smartest man in the room, so he can sit back sipping on his Merlot while the baseball world grovels at his feet.

Congratulations to the Chicago Cubs, and the architect who built them into champions, and who has positioned them to be successful for many years - Theo Epstein. Between his drafting and his free agent signings, we will see Maddon get more opportunities to go deep in the playoffs and show off his brilliance.

That about sums it up.  I can understand playing it safe, but Hendricks was cruising.  They should have let him go another inning or two if he didn't get into serious trouble... but pulling him after a walk was lame.

The Ross home run was awesome.  Zobrist has been so great for Chicago it's crazy...  This team should be ready to compete for 5 or more years the way it's built.  Exciting stuff around here.

lfvYgxR.jpg

#51 The Rich McKay Conspiracy

The Voice of Reason

• Members
  • 10,059 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 04:18 PM

What college did Corey Kluber pitch at. I forget!

I feel like you meant to make that joke about Hendricks, since the only two things Joe Buck seemed to know about him was that he had a league leading ERA and went to Dartmouth.

lfvYgxR.jpg

#52 Tundra

Tundra

Sucking cock since 2008

• Members
  • 21,221 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:14 PM

Amazing the shithead ex-coach for the Rays, yet also the guy that got them to playoffs and a pennant, is now consistently doing it for the Cubs.

He must really suck as a manager!

#53 rook

rook

MVP

• Members
  • 16,484 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 02:56 AM

He chose to leave. No one fired him.

#54 tb_buc

tb_buc

MVP

• Members
  • 8,615 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 12:53 PM

Amazing the shithead ex-coach for the Rays, yet also the guy that got them to playoffs and a pennant, is now consistently doing it for the Cubs.
He must really suck as a manager!

Even a dick like yourself can recognize the difference in payroll and talent between the two teams.
  • Tundra likes this

#55 Tundra

Tundra

Sucking cock since 2008

• Members
  • 21,221 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 05:58 PM

Even a dick like yourself can recognize the difference in payroll and talent between the two teams.

I love bustin yer balls on this one tb! And I know he chose to leave. He saw the writing on the Rays bathroom walls and it had mediocrity in capital letters.

But he’s a damn good manager.

#56 BucForce

BucForce

MVP

• Members
  • 4,589 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 11:16 PM

BTW, Jim Hickey interviewed with the Cubs today for their open pitching coach position, so Joe getting the gang back together again.

• Tundra likes this

#57 tb_buc

tb_buc

MVP

• Members
  • 8,615 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 07:58 PM

BTW, Jim Hickey interviewed with the Cubs today for their open pitching coach position, so Joe getting the gang back together again.

Because it's just a coincidence that after 11 years here, they part ways just as the Cubs fire their pitching coach...Sure, Joe is a great guy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users