• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 Boatrunner

Boatrunner

vehemens laevus

• Members
  • 10,685 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:03 PM

Just got word that Joe Madden will opt out of his contract for 2015.   This really sucks- Say goodbye to the winning years of the Rays

for-fuck-sake-not-this-shit-again.jpg

#2 ufofreek

ufofreek

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:24 PM

He will be greatly missed but on the bright side we may finally get rid of Shelton :)

#3 tb_buc

tb_buc

MVP

• Members
  • 8,615 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:34 PM

We said goodbye to winning this season, while Joe sat around sipping tea in the dugout. My guess is they hand the job to Dave Martinez, with he and Silvermann running the show, it should be largely business as usual. Perhaps Joe takes Shelton with him nad perhaps Martinez would have a fresher approach.

http://media.giphy.c...NSCc/giphy.gif

<p>><))))):> "He hate him!" Tony Dungy quote regarding tb_buc's opinion of Joe Maddon.....

#4 BucForce

BucForce

MVP

• Members
  • 4,589 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:43 PM

I think it will be Martinez as well. All the current Rays coaches are under contract through 2015. Sounds like we are going on the cheap again, so no way they pay Maddon's coaches NOT to coach, as well as a new manager who will want to bring in all of his own guys as coaches as well.

The odd thing to me is that new GM Silverman is the one who told Maddon or his agent that he had an opt-out clause in his contract. Maddon claims he didn't even know that. So it sounded like negotiations to keep him so he wouldn't be a lame duck manager in '15 were not going well, so this saves some face for the front office.

I just hope this doesn't signify another dark period in Rays history. Let's pray that Lightning owner Jeff Vinik is purchasing all this land around the Amalie Arena in order to move the Rays over from St Pete to a new ballpark that will begin construction in 2015.

#5 tb_buc

tb_buc

MVP

• Members
  • 8,615 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 01:51 PM

So we are expected to believe that the "genius" didn't know about something as important as an opt out clause? Not buying it, unless as I have always suspected he is near as smart as we have been told.

<p>><))))):> "He hate him!" Tony Dungy quote regarding tb_buc's opinion of Joe Maddon.....

#6 rook

rook

MVP

• Members
  • 16,484 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 05:15 PM

If it gets rid of Derek Shelton, it will be worth losing him. But if the Rays keep Shelton, then the Rays will not have the bats to do anything. Wil Myers is the future of this franchise but if the Rays keep the non hitting batting coach, they will suffer unless Myers turns into a James Loney and figures out to hit all by himself. It would be nice to have a hitting coach that had to keep his job by results.

#7 CornCob

CornCob

Go Rays

• Members
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 06:15 PM

I'm not terribly upset by maddon leaving. To me he was always maddoning, tinkering with what works, just to play his sabermetric hunch. Joe had some good teams here, teams he could have won with. I think a good manager without all the tinkering can bring this club back, save the injuries. I also jump on the take shelton with you.

Have you heard the rumor of Maddon to the Cubs, good young up and coming team(needs pitching) money to spend, can you say James Sheilds.

We shall see.

#8 BucForce

BucForce

MVP

• Members
  • 4,589 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:34 PM

News is breaking now on CBS Sportsline by Jon Heyman, Maddon has been signed to be the new manager of the Cubs, Renteria out.

mMjbCwx6.jpeg

#9 tb_buc

tb_buc

MVP

• Members
  • 8,615 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:56 PM

Matt Garza has already told his agent "get me out of here!"

#10 tb_buc

tb_buc

MVP

• Members
  • 8,615 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:43 AM

Joe who?

#11 tb_buc

tb_buc

MVP

• Members
  • 8,615 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 01:16 PM

Maddon in the playoffs with Renteria's team.

#12 bucsgrrl

bucsgrrl

MVP

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 02:41 PM

Lol

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

#13 BucForce

BucForce

MVP

• Members
  • 4,589 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 12:56 AM

Joe still playing dress up with his new team :facepalm

ChaUHHoWgAECpaB.jpg

#14 Tundra

Tundra

Sucking cock since 2008

• Members
  • 21,221 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 02:17 AM

Yep. 17-6 Cubs SUCK.

Rays 11-13 MUCH BETTER without the only coach to ever actually succeed.

I don't give enough fucks to give a fuck

#15 tb_buc

tb_buc

MVP

• Members
  • 8,615 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 11:28 AM

Yep. 17-6 Cubs SUCK.
Rays 11-13 MUCH BETTER without the only coach to ever actually succeed.

Don't be a dick...oh wait.
  • Tundra likes this

#16 BucForce

BucForce

MVP

• Members
  • 4,589 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 02:24 AM

Just like the Bucs under Dungy, Maddon doesn't deserve all the credit for turning the fortunes of the team around.

• fanofdabucs likes this

#17 Tundra

Tundra

Sucking cock since 2008

• Members
  • 21,221 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 03:25 AM

Just like the Bucs under Dungy, Maddon doesn't deserve all the credit for turning the fortunes of the team around.

And now like Dungy, Maddon goes to another team and has success. Afeared the Rays will flounder for a while now. But I never thought they'd even have the run they had, so there is that.

#18 Tundra

Tundra

Sucking cock since 2008

• Members
  • 21,221 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 03:27 AM

Don't be a dick...oh wait.

:ROTFLMAO:

I will be at Wrigley Field to see the Cubbies on the 4th of July with family. I'll give Joe your best regards! Want me to shit on top of the dugout?!
  • tb_buc likes this

#19 tb_buc

tb_buc

MVP

• Members
  • 8,615 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 11:50 AM

:ROTFLMAO:
I will be at Wrigley Field to see the Cubbies on the 4th of July with family. I'll give Joe your best regards! Want me to shit on top of the dugout?!

Ah!!!! A bandwagon Cubs fan. Yes please, spend the prior evening digesting spicy meat.
  • Tundra likes this

#20 Tundra

Tundra

Sucking cock since 2008

• Members
  • 21,221 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 08:13 PM

Ah!!!! A bandwagon Cubs fan. Yes please, spend the prior evening digesting spicy meat.

and over-drinking some swilly Milwaukee beer, like Olde Style.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users