Sign in to follow this  
Boatrunner

Joe Madden gone

We said goodbye to winning this season, while Joe sat around sipping tea in the dugout. My guess is they hand the job to Dave Martinez, with he and Silvermann running the show, it should be largely business as usual. Perhaps Joe takes Shelton with him nad perhaps Martinez would have a fresher approach.

I think it will be Martinez as well. All the current Rays coaches are under contract through 2015. Sounds like we are going on the cheap again, so no way they pay Maddon's coaches NOT to coach, as well as a new manager who will want to bring in all of his own guys as coaches as well.

The odd thing to me is that new GM Silverman is the one who told Maddon or his agent that he had an opt-out clause in his contract. Maddon claims he didn't even know that. So it sounded like negotiations to keep him so he wouldn't be a lame duck manager in '15 were not going well, so this saves some face for the front office.

I just hope this doesn't signify another dark period in Rays history. Let's pray that Lightning owner Jeff Vinik is purchasing all this land around the Amalie Arena in order to move the Rays over from St Pete to a new ballpark that will begin construction in 2015.

If it gets rid of Derek Shelton, it will be worth losing him. But if the Rays keep Shelton, then the Rays will not have the bats to do anything. Wil Myers is the future of this franchise but if the Rays keep the non hitting batting coach, they will suffer unless Myers turns into a James Loney and figures out to hit all by himself. It would be nice to have a hitting coach that had to keep his job by results.

I'm not terribly upset by maddon leaving. To me he was always maddoning, tinkering with what works, just to play his sabermetric hunch. Joe had some good teams here, teams he could have won with. I think a good manager without all the tinkering can bring this club back, save the injuries. I also jump on the take shelton with you.

Have you heard the rumor of Maddon to the Cubs, good young up and coming team(needs pitching) money to spend, can you say James Sheilds.

We shall see.

Just like the Bucs under Dungy, Maddon doesn't deserve all the credit for turning the fortunes of the team around.

And now like Dungy, Maddon goes to another team and has success. Afeared the Rays will flounder for a while now. But I never thought they'd even have the run they had, so there is that.

Feed the goat while you are there :D

Fuck the goat!

And fuck Wrigley!!!

Trying to get 6 tickets, and my wife and her sister have too many needs (shade, unobstructed view, this, that  :duh:  )

So find 6 tickets for $80 each from a reseller. Then they add a $20 service fee per ticket, all kinds of taxes, and wanted $624 for 6 BASEBALL tickets.  So, sad to say my friend, I will be at the Arlington racetrack that day instead of banging Joe Maddon's goat. So the pics I will send will be of someone else, off the internet. Sorry.