Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BucForce

AP on the waiver wire

Some owner, not in the Bucs Chat league, cut Peterson as a matter of principle over his abuse of his 4 year old son. I happen to have the #1 waiver wire position to pick up a free agent. I feel disgusted with AP as well, but put in a claim anyway. It's a keeper league also, and my line of thinking is that if I don't put in a claim, someone else will, and I can always trade him for an upgrade at another position (as I already have Marshawn Lynch and Matt Forte).

What would you guys do in my position? It's not a money league, so that's not a factor in my decision.

You should trade him if you get him, I wouldn't consider Peterson a keeper at this point anyway.  He'll be 30 next year.

Honestly, there aren't many RB's I'd want as a keeper anyway - they don't last long enough.  Without knowing the specifics of your league, I'd rather go after guys like Calvin Johnson, or an elite QB, etc...

Well, no one offered me a trade, since he was never activated. I held on to him in case Marshawn Lynch retired or the Seahawks didn't re-sign him. So now I have Lynch, Forte and AP. I guess I could hold onto him as a Flex play, but I will put him back on the trade block when the season starts too, depending on how the rest of my draft unfolds.