Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BucForce

World Cup 2014

Figured I'd start up a thread of this universal event. There have been some surprises already, some shocking to say the least (I'm looking at you Spain), very high scoring for those who complain of 0-0 ties. I love to see the passion of the fans of the world as they live and die with their country's team. Costa Rica gets its first ever win over a South American team in the World Cup today over Uruguay. Brazil needed a questionable call to overcome Croatia. Italy looked strong against England. Looking forward to the USA-Ghana match on Monday. Been watching today since noon, sure beats watching another lethargic Rays team go through the motions again :facepalm 

Didn't get to see Brazil-Mexico, but supposedly was the most exciting 0-0 game played in a long time. Numerous chances, back and forth, great saves by both goalies, especially Mexico's. Klinsmann says Altidore will play again during the World Cup (didn't say for the next game though), and Clint Dempsey may have to wear a protective mask to secure his broken nose and help him breathe.

I saw it.. ALL the saves where on Ochoa's part... Some were extraordinary,, some where in what appeared to be self defense... Brazil honestly should have won 3-0.. This coming from a guy that thought Croatia got completely screwed in their first match vs the "chosen" hosts....

Spain and Cameroon eliminated already today with two losses. Spain was in the World Cup Final in 2010. :facepalm   Tomorrow's Uruguay-England match is supposedly a revenge game for Uruguay, so that might be the best one of the day. Netherlands had a bit of scare today against Australia but pulled through.

I've honestly enjoyed  the World Cup thus far. Unfortunately, or fortunately,, we leave tomorrow for Istanbul to grab a dingy for Mykonos, Athens, Malta, Salerno, and a few days in Rome so I don't know how much I'll get to see in the next 10-12 days... WHY am I going to Chicago from Fl on the way to Istanbul? :wtf

I would think it would be televised on the ship, the crews are all foreigners who are all into it. Greece is playing Japan right now, so you know that country will all be watching. Italy still in it too. Just try and catch the US game in some pub somewhere Sunday night, though I think I heard Altidore has been ruled out of the next game with Portugal already.

Loved watching England lose today, it was like watching Eagle fan crying in their beers :D

Crushing come from ahead tie for the USMNT. They were outplayed Monday against Ghana and won, and for the most part, dominated tonight and got a tie that feels like a loss. Now we play the favorite to win it all in Germany on Thursday. Hope Klinsmann calls in some favors from his home country so we both move on to the knockout round.