Sign in to follow this  
tmservo

Lovie Smith says 'A Franchise QB will be available' at Pick #7

Actually Manziel(4.56) ran a slower 40 than Kaep(4.53).

Yes, I saw that in the original post.    But Manziel has better cutting ability because he's shorter.   A short guy just slightly slower than a tall guy is actually tougher to catch due to elusive cutting ability.   (see Barry Sanders)   Taller guys have longer legs, so it's tougher to cut.

Yes, I saw that in the original post.    But Manziel has better cutting ability because he's shorter.   A short guy just slightly slower than a tall guy is actually tougher to catch due to elusive cutting ability.   (see Barry Sanders)   Taller guys have longer legs, so it's tougher to cut.

Maziel is going to get crushed.

I doubt that.

Bortles ran a... 4.81

That's fucking disappointing. 

About what Big Ben ran at similar height/weight.  I guess the throwing that Manziel and Bridgewater decided not to participate in went well for Blake.  Seems like from what I'm hearing Bortles did everything to solidify his position in the top 10.

If the Bucs take Manziel I will vomit and change my name to Titanstroll and pull for another team ( and I've been for the Bucs from they day the franchise was announced). I dislike the little bastard that much.

I will place my scrotum in a jar of termites if Manziel is a Buccaneer in 2014.

I doubt that.

Bortles ran a... 4.81

That's fucking disappointing. 

You really need to stop with the underwear games bullshit.

Bortles is big strong and can make all the throws. He also can avoid the rush and make throws on the run.

The only thing Bortles is missing is experience. IMO, he has the most upside of all the QBs in this class.

Your love for fast QBs like Mariota is obvious, but sometimes you need to watch them perform on the field and forget about all these numbers.

How often does a QB run for 40 yards in an NFL game? There short area quickness, ability to keep their head up and make plays, and to avoid the rush are more important than 40 times.

I bet Brees would run a 4.8+, but he rarely gets sacked because he has such good feet, short area quickness and always is looking downfield.

I'm not as big on pure speed for QB's, I'm more concerned with escapability and what they do with the ball after escaping. Manziel (and Vick and Newton and RG3) all seem to be hardwired to run downfield at the first moment of opportunity. Guys like Wilson (and Bortles and Winston and Takenton) seemed more geared to keeping the play alive for a downfield pass.

The problem with run first QB's is that as soon as defensive players, like a Mr. Derrick Brooks, figure out the tell for when a jackrabbit QB will turn tale and run, they know how to contain and break their game.