Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BucForce

Circling the drain

Another disheartening effort last night in Chicago results in their 5th straight loss. This team again will struggle to be an 8th seed and an early exit participant in the first round of the playoffs. Tonight they get to face the Red Wings and Chris Osgood, who is a career 16-0 against the Lightning. Torts has no confidence at all in Denis, who is a $3 mil backup, and we'd be on the hook for 2 years if they decided to buy him out. Now with prospective new ownership infighting, current ownership has decisions to make about reducing payroll even further. Oh, the good old days of May-June 2004 :(

Maybe it is time to start over. That's what great about the NHL.

That's why so many different teams make to the Stanley Cup.

The Bolts do have a very high payroll. They can't really bring anybody in to really make a different especially with the goalie.

They do it by starting over but we have to keep Vinny. He's just too damn good but he needs help.

I saw Manon Rheaume at the game on TV, she looked good (OMG did she ever, rawr). They should have taken her back and had her put on equipment and go goaltend. I'd bet she'd be better than Denis.

With her backing up Holmie, I'd bet it'd take us 7 games to get knocked out of the first round, instead of our usual 4 or 5.

I saw Manon Rheaume at the game on TV, she looked good (OMG did she ever, rawr). They should have taken her back and had her put on equipment and go goaltend. I'd bet she'd be better than Denis.

With her backing up Holmie, I'd bet it'd take us 7 games to get knocked out of the first round, instead of our usual 4 or 5.

With Manon as our goalie, it would give new meaning to the term "five hole" :thumbsup If she went down into the butterfly style, spreading her pads, she would certainly distract the other teams shooters B)

And after this they'll probably run off a five game win streak or something, strange season so far.

SH: Without much exception this season so far, the entire league is playing hot & cold.

Detroit has been the only season long consistent winner and the Caps, Kings and Leafs have stayed consistently under .500

Everyone else plays in week to ten day stretches of plus or minus two to three W/L

Uhhh ohh, Denis the Menace gets the start tonight. It's funny, on NHL Center Ice the past two pre-games in Toronto and Montreal have all been about "what if" they had acquired Vinny before Feaster took over. Toronto apparently thinks they were close to getting him and so does Montreal. They seem to think they deserve him or something.

Another blown lead in the 3rd period. It's no longer a question of if they will lose leads, it is when. Going to overtime.

Shootout win, but once again, giving a point to an Eastern Conference foe by blowing a lead.

Score 6 and lose by 3!:mad Horrific performance by everyone involved. Denis needs to be bought out of his contract now. I do not want to see #30 on the ice in a Bolts sweater any longer. Bring up Ramo, he can't be any worse than Denis, and on some nights, Holmqvist. I think we will see a shakeup trade sooner than later, like Feaster promised to do by Christmas. This is not NHL hockey we are seeing, folks...:help

I liked the fight of the Bolts for coming back from all those deficits, but I'm sorry, there has to be standards.

Under no circumstance....and that means NO circumstance should we hang 6 on ANY goalie (ESPECIALLY Kipper) and lose in regulation.

Never. Not once. Ever. No way. No how. For any reason. Huh-uh. Nope. Nyet. Nien.

The fact that that seems to be too much to ask is beyond infuriating.

Honorable mention to Roy. The past two games he's shown that he's something more than a boxer on skates. He's got a very good shot and pretty good hands, he needs to use them on the puck more.

There were 27 goals scored total in the 7 games of the Stanley Cup Finals in 2004 between the Flames and the Lightning, and last night alone there was 15...just a horrible defensive display. Kuba and Ranger both a -5 last night. Denis has no confidence at all. Khabi hasn't done much since he left, but boy do I sure miss him. He gave the whole team confidence, unlike Denis and Holmer. You can just see their body language when another softie floats by their goalie..."Here we go again".. Thanks Feaster for Denis, another quality trade by our GM...

After dropping this load of shit in Atlanta, I doubt we even make the playoffs, much less our usual first round exit.

Gutless. Spineless. Ball-less. Goalie-less, steaming pile of shit left on the Atlanta ice. A pile of shit so weak. loose and insipid, it doesn't even have the wherewithal to stink.

And if I hear Prospal (or someone else) say some stupid bullshit like "At least we lost with pride" again, I swear to god I'm going to go down to the forum and slap them even more senseless than they already are.

Do you numbnuts have even an iota of pride? You should be breaking your stick mad at yourselves for this performance.

Right now I'd trade the whole fucking lot of you for the Villanova Women's team you fucking sissies.

Grrrrrrrrrr......

Time to clean the house.

Get rid of the bad apples.

Time to move on.

This is getting old.

The ice is melting.

We are spending way too much money on these players.

I would be thinking different if the damn salary cap weren't so high.

Now I understand why the Yankees' fans get so pissed off when they don't go to the World Series.

That game was unwatchable last night. I flipped it on, it was already 2-0, then Holmer can't cover the puck in his crease and gets his panties in a wad when Kozlov pokes it past his 5 hole. They friggin skate in circles like they are auditioning for the Ice Capades. I turned it off, went back and forth with the Sens-Bruins game on Versus, flipped it back to see we're down 5-1 and never looked back.

Now they've called up Ramo from Norfolk. Unless he AND Holmqvist can play goal at the same time, not sure how much difference it makes. This team lacks a spark and I'm not sure whether Torts can light it up again. His F Bombs no longer seem to work on his players anymore, imagine that...

With the ownership situation in flux, current ownership won't make any deals, unless it's a salary dump. Plus, there's a holiday trading blackout from midnight tomorrow until December 28th I believe. By then, we might be 14th in the conference instead of 12th. I just do not want to ever see Marc Denis on the ice again. This team is beaten before ever stepping on the ice, knowing they have to score 5+ goals every night just to have a chance. And when the Big 3 get shut down, no one else can score and pick up the slack.

Rock bottom of the whole Eastern Conference. Was it really 3 years ago that the Lightning were kings of the (hockey) world? Seems so far away now. Everyone is still bunched up as far as points (2nd and 14th place are seperated by only 10 points), but after the Flyers tomorrow, we go on the road for 4 where we are 3-13-1. If it wasn't for the ownership situation, I believe Feaster and maybe Torts too would have been fired already. But current ownership doesn't want to have to pay double salaries when they are trying to dump the team. Someone please :help , one good thing is I heard Denis has been placed on waivers. :thumbsup

I think Vinny is the only one playing with any effort right now?

That's usually the case, which is why he's the best player in the league.

....unfortunately for him, he plays on what seems to be the crappiest team in the league.

We need to see a LOT more scoring from people not named Lecavalier if we are going to win with the substandard goaltending we have.

Ramo holds promise as he moves very well....but unless he controls his rebounds better and has a better idea of where the puck is, he's not much of an upgrade from Holmer.

Unfortunately he's probably our best tender right now...Holmer seems broken.