Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rook

Sorry Mac, you were Owled by FAU's Allfred Morris.

When Auburn beat the hapless 1-11 Owls in 2011, you may want to look at these stats.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=312670002

Morris 15 carries for 85 yards and 4 receptions for 43 yards and one TD.

FAU was a god awful team in 2011. I think 119 out of 120 but Morris was all they had.

The guy has a knack being there because of injury. Injuries at RB made Coach Schnellenberger convert him to a RB. Morris was invited to the North and South game as a replacement for an injured Clemson player. He wound up on Shanahan's team in that game.

Shanahan liked him so much he drafted Morris with the second pick of the 6th round even though every scouting service had him as an undrafted free agent.

Injuries to Hightower, Royster and Helu made Alfred Morris the only healthy back for much of preseason. After averaging 5 yards per carry and trucking Lance Briggs in a preseason game, Morris was held out in the last preseason game against the Buccaneers. That told me he would start.

22.40 fantasy points later, the rest is history.

He does not have a very good ol. But as long as RGIII punishes teams with slants and other pass patterns, he should be a solid player.

Hey, if nothing else, I am happy that Auburn's hapless, toothless, gonadless defense allowed for a young man to eventually begin a career in the NFL. Sucks for me that he helped me lose in Week 1 of fantasy football, but hey, shit happens.