Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1990hornet

2011 ALDS

LOVE that Moore is starting. He might be our best starter, already. I just worry about the Rangers as Moore will be pitching in one of the most offense-friendly parks against a team that absolutely mashes fastballs. I really hope he has the courage and execution to throw the change to the righties and the breaking ball to everyone.

LOVE that Moore is starting. He might be our best starter, already. I just worry about the Rangers as Moore will be pitching in one of the most offense-friendly parks against a team that absolutely mashes fastballs. I really hope he has the courage and execution to throw the change to the righties and the breaking ball to everyone.

I would agree with you here. I don't want to see a Price the other day with 65-70% fastballs. Texas has big hitters on their team, and they love fastballs. The location of his fastballs are key! The changeup and curve will need to keep them off balance.

Showing why he was the Pitcher of the Year in AAA! He is going to be a great one! It is scary how good the Rays minor league system is as they're been said to have the best system in MLB for years now.

The sad thing is many of these players they cannot keep past their original contracts as they cannot spend with the Phillies, Yankees or Red Sox, etc.

Unbelievable game. Moore going into a buzzsaw of a home field for the Rangers and pitching a thing a beaut of a game. Maddon showed confidence in him and he made it pay. Getting a lead was huge as it gave him confidence in just throwing his best pitches instead of worrying about hanging a mistake in a nail biter.

Keep it going :)

He took the Yankees and now the Rangers bats on the road and made both teams look like bunch of stiffs. I am still in shock of Josh Hamilton, the only Ranger to get the two hits off of Moore bunting with a man on and zero outs. This is a guy that scared Maddon so much that he intentionally walked Hamilton with the bases loaded I believe three years ago.