Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bucs0981

Make or break it time for the rays!

Want to know why they don't win these games?

On a related note, in their 16 innings the Rays didn't get a runner to third base, and only three to second. Also, the Rays walked 12 (including the bases loaded in the 11th) and only the last one scored. And they used a team-record tying nine pitchers, with Tuesday starter Jeremy Hellickson the next in line.

Maddon insisted despite the futility and frustration there was a positive to be taken.

"I just loved the way we played. We battled so hard for so long,'' Maddon said. "That's also in some way a character builder. I really believe how we bounce after that is going to be more important. It's never fun to lose a game like that, you utilize a lot of pitchers and a lot of emotion. But I'm really proud of how our boys handled tonight. ...

"My takeaway is that we can beat the Red Sox, and they know it. My takeaway from the 1-0 loss to the Yankees the other day is that we can beat the Yankees, and they know it. We're not going away. It's just a temporary inconvenience right now.''

I cannot wait until they face the Yankees tonight! :facepalm They got some bad breaks though last night. I agree their hitting is pathetic, but they never hit Beckett. They had 3 balls late in the game that looked like they were going out, but only to be caught at the wall! :(

How long is Madden going to keep having faith in JP Howell? That guy sucks this year as he cannot throw strikes period!! :(

I cannot wait until they face the Yankees tonight! :facepalm They got some bad breaks though last night. I agree their hitting is pathetic, but they never hit Beckett. (

Beckett is tough for them, but 8 innings of their bullpen? They now need to sweep the Yankees.

Not just J. P Howell, but Adam Russell is useless. Put him in the minors and bring up some one else.

While I'm at it.....Brignac needs to be sent down as well. His defense is good, but his hitting SUCKS! Elliot's defense is just as good, and hitting can get better with more at bats.

Shit, if we end up having a fire sell....I bet we'll do a lot better when the minor league guys come up....we'll start hitting and winning.

I have not been following the BJ situation very well, but what the hell do we do with him? I mean he's now hitting the ball well this month, but I just think it would be too risky to try and keep him and give him some huge salary.

I hear Beckham is playing very well in the minors. IMHO he would be a better choice then Brignac. Keep McGee up and send Howell down! We're getting very close to that point of no return being 7 games back and with the Sux having such an easy upcoming schedule.

Longo is not the same player with his rib injury. Even saying that I would like to see him stop making so many GD commercials and concentrate on his game.

Mayeb not getting the All Star noteriety this season will humble him a bit! He has made way too many stupid base running mistakes thus far!

....and further more!! ESPN and all that entails can go FUCK THEMSELVES!!!!! First they take away the "Family day" away by having MLB schedule yesterdays game at 8pm, assuring that many families will not attend, then they bitch about attendance. ESPN is full of a bunch of Yankee/Red Sox motherfuking panty wastes that wouldn't know a fact unless it licked them in the balls, even then because they are ball-less that may not have any affect. Big games on Sundays have had some of the best crowds this season, what the fuck did they think would happen moving it to 8pm....jackoffs....

I realize it's 3-1 Rays at the end of 1.. But y'know what? I'm past tired of seeing BJ Upton loaf and dog it.. That POS should have easily beat out that weak grounder to keep the rays out of a double play.. But first he stands there in the box and watches it!! And then loafs down to first!!! Double Play..

Fuck BJ Upton!!!

....and further more!! ESPN and all that entails can go FUCK THEMSELVES!!!!! First they take away the "Family day" away by having MLB schedule yesterdays game at 8pm, assuring that many families will not attend, then they bitch about attendance. ESPN is full of a bunch of Yankee/Red Sox motherfuking panty wastes that wouldn't know a fact unless it licked them in the balls, even then because they are ball-less that may not have any affect. Big games on Sundays have had some of the best crowds this season, what the fuck did they think would happen moving it to 8pm....jackoffs....

i loved the part of the telecast where they talked about how the rays and the blue jays are the only teams in mlb to be using artificial turf.... they kept raggin on that and the lights one of the announcers was like now lets not put down tampa too bad.... other announcer chimed in "ohhh i think you should!"... they all had a laugh at that

I realize it's 3-1 Rays at the end of 1.. But y'know what? I'm past tired of seeing BJ Upton loaf and dog it.. That POS should have easily beat out that weak grounder to keep the rays out of a double play.. But first he stands there in the box and watches it!! And then loafs down to first!!! Double Play..

Fuck BJ Upton!!!

This post could have been made any time in the last 4 years. Same story with that guy ALL THE TIME.